VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Does anybody have any information on if DOUBLE-SIDED dual-layer discs will ever be released? Until that time I see no reason to buy a DL drive, because I can get 9.4 gigs on a double-sided single-layer disc as it is, why would I spend all that cash just to fit the same amount of data on a disc?

Also, does anyone know when DL media will start becoming more available? As of right now you can find it maybe in 2 online vendors if you're lucky, for around $8 a disc. I remember when DVD-R's, and even CD-R's were at this point, but it seems DL price drops and media availability is progressing even slower.
    Quote Quote  
  2. On the first point you make. You wont have to get up to change the disk over.... Some people are lazy like that...On any 2 sided d/l who knows...
    2nd point seem to remember seeing something about manufactures having a too higher failure rate in production of d/l disk. If they cant make them in high enough numbers the price wont fall...
    Not bothered by small problems...
    Spend a night alone with a mosquito
    Quote Quote  
  3. There are some dvd that are huge in, and any compression done to fit on a 4.7gb single-layer size will weaken the quality, especially those tv-series dvd.

why would you care about the availability of the DL disc, when you're not going to buy a DL drive and rather have a 9.4gb disc for more the data storage.
    Quote Quote