VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm green on bitsetting. Is it just for RW to Rom, or is it also for -R/+R to Rom for maximum compatability?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    bitsetting is only for DVD+R and it depends on what dvd burner you have. not all dvd burners enable bitsetting.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Just to add a clarification +R means +RW also.
    Quote Quote  
  4. So in what circumstance does bitsetting become desireable?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by schematic2
    So in what circumstance does bitsetting become desireable?
    My 3rd dvd player is an Apex 600AD canadian model. It has no probems with DVD+R and DVD-R and I've never tested DVD-RW but it refuses to recognize DVD+RW unless I change the disc bit id to DVD-Rom. So it can make a difference for some players. If your player plays DVD+R and +RW right out of the box like my other players do, then you would not have much need for this feature.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Will old players (5 years old etc.) that do not play -R/+R be able to play these disks if the bitset is changed to ROM?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by schematic2
    Will old players (5 years old etc.) that do not play -R/+R be able to play these disks if the bitset is changed to ROM?
    Thanks
    I would think you would have to try it on the dvd player to find out if no one has listed it in the dvd player section.
    I have one made in 2001 & it won't play any format other that a store bought dvd-rom, it will not play dvd+r, dvd-r, or dvd+r changed to dvd-rom. but i found one in the dvd player section that a friend has that will not play dvd+r or dvd-r but in there someone listed that theirs played one set to dvd-rom so i burned some booked at rom and am gonna test them on her player.
    Quote Quote