VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Baldrick / Mods,

How about a category called "Plug-ins" in the "Tools" section?

It could contain the existing tool plug-ins, but I reckon it'd be a great thing to also list websites / direct links to plug-ins for video editors (quite often can also be used for photo editors too, also apps like After Effects).

I ask coz I've spent a while trawling this site (and not found) much, as well as picking my way through Google results - with minimal success.

What better place to have them listed all together than here, on this site?

I'll start the ball rolling with what I've found so far:

www.thepluginsite.com - Info on what plug-ins are and some links. "Harry's Filters" - Some interesting effects. FREE!

www.burgers-transition-site.de - Loads of great effects. FREE!

www.digieffects.com - An impressive range of effects.

www.borisfx.com - "Boris FX is the leading developer of integrated graphics and effects technology, delivering 3D compositing and vector graphic products for the broadcast, post production, film and multi-media industries."

Daamon.
    There is some corner of a foreign field that is forever England: Telstra Stadium, Sydney, 22/11/2003.

Carpe diem.

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Anyone? Any thoughts?

Baldrick, I know you're out there somewhere...
    There is some corner of a foreign field that is forever England: Telstra Stadium, Sydney, 22/11/2003.

Carpe diem.

Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe...but it sounds like a lot of work...many plugins...million plugins.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Baldrick,

Thanks for taking a look.

Ultimately, being the boss, it's your decision. As for the amount of work, I suppose that, too, is under your control - I don't know how you organise these things...

My thinking was along various lines:

1. I think it'd be a useful sub-category in the "Tools" section.

2. It could (would) encourage those who are more interested in video editing / production rather than the (seeming) masses who just want to "back up" their DVDs or burn their downloaded Divx / Xvid's...

3. It would be yet one more thing to establish the site's professional reputation.

I suppose I believe this site should be referenced by the budding amateur / semi-pro (maybe even the pros - who knows?) in all things video related, rather than the mindless who visit, take and don't give back.

Anything to encourage the serious hobbyist and beyond is a bonus, and I think this would play a small part in that.

So, if it appears that'd be great - for the above reasons and also coz I, personally, would be very interested in all sorts of plug-ins.

If it doesn't, then fair enough, maybe in the future?

Either way, it's still a top site.

Cheers,
    Daamon.

P.S. Cheers for the "last logged on" enhancement - I've found it useful on a number of occasions already.

Carpe diem.

Quote Quote  
  5. Would love to see this happen. Plugins are one thing, I find are very hard to search on the net for.. because there is so many, But one here with a feedback/comment section on them would be great.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Guess we are the only ones that think this may be a good idea...LOL
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @ candateck - Give it time... Baldrick's a busy guy (take a look at the original posting date and the date he responded) and he also (appears) to let the thread run a while to see how much interest others show.

So, if you know others who are interested / would benefit - nudge them into posting their support...

Carpe diem.

Quote Quote  
  8. It wasnt directed at him.it was just a statement. Joking/Kidding no harm. Its the way things go i quess.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Ah, I never took it that way. I should've stuck a in there a few times...

Yes - It seems that way. But, like I say, give it time and others may express an opinion (one way or the other).

Carpe diem.

Quote Quote  
  10. I'd like to see one for non video software used
    by video users like the Epson printer utility SSC

http://www.ssclg.com/epsone.shtml

Of course this = more work

I'd also like to see a link when moving or locking
    threads that says "thread locked by xxxx"
    Quote Quote