VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I would like to get a laptop. I only want to spend around $700 or so. I was looking at the Dell/gateway/HP payment plans vs. buying it out right. Any suggestions?? Dell has one for $599 and it doesn't seem too bad. I only plan on using it for travel. Sitting in a hotel and checking email and what not. No gaming or coding or anything major.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Master of Time & Space Capmaster's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by 808smokey
    I would like to get a laptop. I only want to spend around $700 or so. I was looking at the Dell/gateway/HP payment plans vs. buying it out right. Any suggestions?? Dell has one for $599 and it doesn't seem too bad. I only plan on using it for travel. Sitting in a hotel and checking email and what not. No gaming or coding or anything major.

Thanks
    I can only speak from my own experience. I've owned a Sager, a Dell, a Gateway, another Dell ...and at home a Micron, a Magitronic, a Compaq, a Dell (until we sent it back) and an HP.

The best: HP Pavilion 5490 (?) and the current Dell C400. The worst: Compaq (fell apart) and the Sager (died a horrible MB meltdown).
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Sony Vaio if you can find a good one in your price range new. Those things rule.
    FB-DIMM are the real cause of global warming
    Quote Quote  
  4. Master of Time & Space Capmaster's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by rallynavvie
    Sony Vaio if you can find a good one in your price range new. Those things rule.
    Those are nice but we always ruled them out because of the price/performance issue. Mucho $$$
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    i would ebay a toshiba anyday
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I kinda actually like Dell laptops, but has anyone noticed how nice the screens on the Fujitsu Lifebooks look?

End the end though? http://www.powernotebooks.com
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    forgot about fujitsu...it seems their like one of those companys that arent widely known by the public, BUT everything they make no matter what it is...is golden
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    And their screens appear to be coated in magic look good dust lately.
    Quote Quote