VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
Closed Thread
Thread
  1. does anyone make a recorder ( like tivo) that can just record regular cable for playback. i know a vcr does this, but i dont want to mess with tapes anymore. i know all this can be done for digital cable, but i dont want to pay montly fees or anything. just want to buy the hardware.
    also i dont want to use my computer to do this...just something like a tivo.
    thanks for anyones help!

2. Master of Time & Space Capmaster's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Check out a standalone DVD recorder. There's a new entry in the "Lists" section devoted just to standalones ("DVD Recorders") (left edge of screen).

It sounds like a standalone is just what the doctor ordered for you

3. the ilo hdr04 harddisk/dvd recorder

4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Now that your question has been answered, next time could you please reword your topic title to more properly reflect the thread?

5. to all moderators...
    a wise man once told me...

"I feel bad for people whose real lives are so pathetic that they need to constantly invoke their virtual authority on Internet message boards just to feel like they serve some purpose in life. It's really very sad."

thanks for all the help.

6. Originally Posted by dixiebwy17
    to all moderators...
    a wise man once told me...

"I feel bad for people whose real lives are so pathetic that they need to constantly invoke their virtual authority on Internet message boards just to feel like they serve some purpose in life. It's really very sad."

thanks for all the help.
    I'm guessing that was in reference to Baz's response....
    And in light of that....

makntraks
    In the theater of the mind...
    It's always good to know where the exits are...

7. no i was just giving a thought for the day. mak i guess im just not a techie like you. please enlighten me on your nerd abilities.

8. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I have no authority.

I was just asking that you abide by the rules of the forum.

9. or else you do what?? warn me. or ban me?? if thats not virtual authority i dont know what is. either way its pretty pathetic

You are in breach of the forum rules and are being issued with a formal warning.
    / Moderator Baldrick

Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by dixiebwy17
    or else you do what?? warn me. or ban me?? if thats not virtual authority i dont know what is. either way its pretty pathetic
    Hello,

Just follow the rules and we'll help you. The rules are their so the board doesn't get cluttered.

Kevin

---and we're volunteers here, nobody's paying us. We follow the rules and help each other. When somebody doesn't we let the mods know. Simple as that. ---
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?

11. Originally Posted by dixiebwy17
    no i was just giving a thought for the day. mak i guess im just not a techie like you. please enlighten me on your nerd abilities.
    So thought for the day, why thank you......
    Wonder how long it took for you to think of it

Actually if you want to post a "thought" for the day, you'd be better of posting in OT than to 'jack your own thread...

makntraks
    In the theater of the mind...
    It's always good to know where the exits are...

Search Comp PM
    Dixie, we try to help those who abide by the rules. Most of the people here will help. It is always good to do alittle research before you start, repeating your questions multiple times doesn't get you any quick answers.

13. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    bye.