VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by AlanHK View Post
    First try DVDsubedit. It can change the colours and transparency. If transparency is on, they are invisible.
    The subtitles are not fully opaque, but they are not transparent either. I guess I should just move the slider all the way to opaque and change the color?

Also, I get following error message for three different subtitles when importing the full domain DVD into dvdsubedit:
    SPU # 798 starting at LBA 714844 (LBA 190572 of VTS_xx_2.VOB) is incomplete! Dropping it...
    VCID: 1/16 StreamID 0x20

How do I make sure none of the subtitles are dropped?
    Quote Quote  
  2. When you see that message, you can be sure that one subtitle has been dropped (and that there are errors in the original stream). However, that doesn't mean that the dropped subtitle was visible in the original DVD. To verify if it is really missing, use the slider and the cursor keys to select the subpic that is just before the dropped one. You can see the current subpic LBA in the status window in the bottom left part of the DVDSubEdit window. Take a note of the current time, and select the next subpic. Again, note the current time. Play the original DVD in a good player, and see if it displays a subtitle between the two times. It it's the case, you have no luck!
    r0lZ - PgcEdit homepage Hosted by VideoHelp (Thanks Baldrick)
    - BD3D2MK3D A tool to convert 3D BD to 3D SBS/T&B/FS MKV
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by r0lZ View Post
    When you see that message, you can be sure that one subtitle has been dropped (and that there are errors in the original stream). However, that doesn't mean that the dropped subtitle was visible in the original DVD. To verify if it is really missing, use the slider and the cursor keys to select the subpic that is just before the dropped one. You can see the current subpic LBA in the status window in the bottom left part of the DVDSubEdit window. Take a note of the current time, and select the next subpic. Again, note the current time. Play the original DVD in a good player, and see if it displays a subtitle between the two times. It it's the case, you have no luck!
    The subtitles were dropped. DVDSubEdit gives me the subtitle # for each dropped subtitleand I checked before/after in the program compared to the original srt/sub file. How do I make sure the subs are not dropped in DVDSubEdit? Alternatively, is there another program I can use to edit my subtitles without having them dropped? (I need to raise the position, change the transparency and color)
    Quote Quote  
  4. I've explained how to verify if the subtitle has been really dropped.

There are no other programs that can edit the subtitles in place.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by r0lZ View Post
    I've explained how to verify if the subtitle has been really dropped.

There are no other programs that can edit the subtitles in place.
    I read your explaination but I can't do as you said (play the DVD in another player) because the subtitles are not visible. That's part of the whole reason I need to edit them in DVDSubEdit!
    Quote Quote  
  6. So, copy your unmodified DVD, edit the subpics on the copy, and verify the copy.

But it might be better to try to find the origin of the problem. I haven't read the whole thread, but if you did the subpic stream yourself, it might be a good idea to regenerate them, perhaps with another program, and to place them at the right place immediately.

You should try to avoid placing a subpic just before a cell (or chapter) change, as it should be included completely in one single cell. That might be the reason of the drops.

Note also that DVDSubEdit has a little bug when it needs to re-compress the subtitles, and they may look wrong or be totally absent on some hardware players. So IMO, it is always better to avoid the DVDSubEdit functions that recreates the subpics, such as cropping the background, importing modified subpics, and moving them UP (down is not a problem, and up is only a problem if the background covers the whole image and must be cropped at the top). Changing the transparency of the subpics is always safe, unless of course DVDSubEdit has dropped some subpics.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by r0lZ View Post
    [...]it might be better to try to find the origin of the problem. I haven't read the whole thread, but if you did the subpic stream yourself, it might be a good idea to regenerate them, perhaps with another program, and to place them at the right place immediately.
    Very good suggestion. I am trying to regenerate the sup with SubtitleCreator using the DVD Overlay feature to preview the output with PowerDVD version 5.0. I am having the same issue--when I load the VOB I cannot see the subtitles but when I stop the DVD (and the default background image is seen), the subs are visible. How do I ensure the subs are seen on the DVD itself?
    Quote Quote  
  8. I have never been able to use that damn DVD Overlay feature of Subtitle Creator, so I can't help on this point, but I suppose that if they are correctly placed, you should see them in the final DVD. I have never had real problems with the output created by SC. Take care however to place the subpics in the right area for a 16:9 movie. (IIRC, placing the subpic correctly on a 16:9 movie in SC is somewhat confusing, but I can't verify how to do it right now, as SC is not installed yet on my new Win7 system.)
    Quote Quote  
  9. Oh no! Yet another unexpected error/problem along this heinous process of adding subtitles.

Now when I open SubtitleCreator, an error message popus up right away saying:
    Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Parameter is not valid.

Details
    See the end of this message for details on invoking
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.ArgumentException: Parameter is not valid.
    at System.Drawing.Bitmap..ctor(Int32 width, Int32 height, PixelFormat format)
    at System.Drawing.Bitmap..ctor(Int32 width, Int32 height)
    at SubtitleCreator.RenderShadow.Render(RenderStyle renderStyle, Rectangle& subtitleArea, Rectangle& bitmapPosition, Subtitle curSub)
    at SubtitleCreator.Subtitle.Render(RenderStyle renderStyle, Rectangle& subtitleArea, Rectangle& bitmapPosition)
    at SubtitleCreator.Subtitle.Render(Rectangle& subtitleArea, Rectangle& bitmapPosition)
    at SubtitleCreator.PreviewForm.OnPaint(PaintEventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintWithErrorHandlin g(PaintEventArgs e, Int16 layer, Boolean disposeEventArgs)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmPaint(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Mes sage& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Mess age& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
    at SubtitleCreator.PreviewForm.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.O nMessage(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.W ndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3082 (QFE.050727-3000)
    CodeBase: file:///c:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    SubtitleCreator
    Assembly Version: 2.3.0.1
    Win32 Version: 2.3.0.1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/SubtitleCreator/SubtitleCreator.exe
    System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    DirectShowLib-2005
    Win32 Version: 2.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/SubtitleCreator/DirectShowLib-2005.DLL
    System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3082 (QFE.050727-3000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
    ListViewEx
    Assembly Version: 1.0.3115.24665
    Win32 Version: 1.0.3115.24665
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/SubtitleCreator/ListViewEx.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
    To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
    application or computer (machine.config) must have the
    jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
    The application must also be compiled with debugging
    enabled.

For example:

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
    will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
    rather than be handled by this dialog box.
    If I ignore the error and continue, neither the background nor the subtitles show up.
    Now what?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Is it when you load the subpics at startup? If so, try to rename your subpic file to force SC to load its original demo subtitles when it starts, and see if the error happens also. It it's still the case, you might have to re-install SC.
    Quote Quote  
  11. It happens as soon as I open...no loading, nothing. The subs are already opened from the last session. I already uninstalled SC, rebooted, re-downloaded the installer, re-installed (several times), even updated Microsoft .NET. Nothing is working.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Maybe it remembers your file, and tries to show it when it start. It's why I suggester to rename it. Not sure if that can help, though.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by r0lZ View Post
    Maybe it remembers your file, and tries to show it when it start. It's why I suggester to rename it. Not sure if that can help, though.
    Reinstalled for the 5th time, renamed the subs and moved them to a new directory. Finally worked.
    Quote Quote  
  14. It made subtitles but they're not visible in the file muxed with ReJIG. Screw it. None of these programs function as they are supposed to!
    Quote Quote  
  15. Mux with muxman. I did many DVDs from AVIs with subtitles made by Subtitle Creator, and I muxed them with muxman. Never got any problem.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    what settings use in SubtitlesCreator for NTSC and PAL (colors and positions)
    http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/239/ntscmodified.jpg
    http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/359/palf.jpg
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello I'm new user I'm deaf I would like to add subitiles to DVD which has no closed captioned nor subtitles I need help to do it thanks! Some of my DVD movies has no cc nor subitiles
    Quote Quote