VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I was recording a movie tonite, I paused the recording during a commercial break, when I tried to start it recording again the display showed that it was recording, but no buttons on the remote or unit would do anything. I figured it was locked up again, third time, but I let it go until the movie was over and then tried to stop it, I had to unplug it and sure enough it didn't record past where I paused it. So now I have 2/3 of a movie on the disc and no end. It still hasn't gone into loading yet, but it likes to lock up and not respond to anything except being unplugged.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Is this the first time the problem happened?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Nothing reacts instantly.
    Maybe the remote batteries were dead.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  4. Wouldn't do anything on the unit itself either. It's the 3rd time.
    Quote Quote  
  5. You might want to try a CD disc cleaning kit. But check first to see if its safe to use on your DVD reocorder
    Quote Quote  
  6. It's only 3 months old, I don't think that's it, possible I guess.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Try not pausing when recording. Maybe stop recording then start again.

If you feel that limits you too much then you should have bought a model with a built-in HDD where you could record without pausing/stoping then edit out the bits (tv commercials etc.) that you don't want before transfering from HDD to DVD.

- John "FulciLives" Coleman
    "The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    EXPLORE THE FILMS OF LUCIO FULCI - THE MAESTRO OF GORE
    Quote Quote  
  8. I didn't buy it, it was a replacement from a 5-year warranty.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by samijubal
    I didn't buy it, it was a replacement from a 5-year warranty.
    Now here must be a story!

How in the world did that happen? Stand alone DVD recorders didn't even exist 5 years ago ... did they?

"The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    Quote Quote  
  10. I bought an E20 with a 5-year warranty, it died they replaced it with the JVC.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I bought an E20 with a 5-year warranty, it died they replaced it with the JVC.
    I didn't realize the E-20's were 5 years old already!

Time flies when you are having fun I guess

P.S.
    I know someone that bought a Fridge at SEARS and got a brand new one like 25 years later because she always bought a new warrenty for it year in year out!
    Quote Quote  
  12. It wasn't 5 years old, I had a 5-year warranty. It was a little over 2 1/2 years old when it died.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It wasn't 5 years old, I had a 5-year warranty. It was a little over 2 1/2 years old when it died.
    OK

I am officially BRAIN DEAD today.

Thank you.

Quote Quote  
  14. Strange.
    For testing purposes I left my Panasonic E60 in pause mode for 4 hours. It continues to record immediately when I press “pause” button again.
    Quote Quote  
  15. What button did you hit to unpause? You must use the PLAY button to unpause the JVC and continue recording. This has confused me several times while recording.
    Quote Quote  
  16. That is weird the way that works, I found that out a long time ago, the recorder just locked up. I was pausing and unpausing at the end of every commercial since I didn't know when the movie would come back on and I didn't want to miss anything. After a few times of doing that it locked up, didn't like me pausing and unpausing I guess. Next time I'll just let it record, I was running out of disc space and didn't know if it would fit.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by xiaNaix
    What button did you hit to unpause? You must use the PLAY button to unpause the JVC and continue recording. This has confused me several times while recording.
    Yes. I make the same mistake all the time, too. It's unusual to have to press the Play button to resume recording from a pause.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Having only used the JVC, how many other recorders make you push the Record AND Play buttons to start recording? To me, that in itself is weird.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by sullen
    Having only used the JVC, how many other recorders make you push the Record AND Play buttons to start recording? To me, that in itself is weird.
    Why? VCRs did it. Safety feature, though started out as something else.

The record button on the unit does not need PLAY pressed. Just hit record to record.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote