VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 63
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. The imported music in MP3 only played one time and stopped. Can I loop it ? or is there a tool let me duplicate itself multiple time I can used ?
    Quote Quote  
  2. @ Stars - Thanks! Now I have to figure out how to get texts back somehow... and add a image type check, because avisynth doesn't support as many image formats as wxbasic(the coding language of the gui).

@ SingSing - It's not possible within the DSG - but there are many tool for repeating a mp3 out there: Audio editors at Videohelp. Audacity and Goldwave(runs unlimited even though it's shareware).

Have fun,
    Tin2tin
    Quote Quote  
  3. I tried goldwave, it will export wav, but not mp3.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by SingSing
    I tried goldwave, it will export wav, but not mp3.
    Hi try CDex V1.51 its a CD ripper program but it also converts audiofiles into many formats...

its freeware and a VERY fine program..

I use this to convert mp2 files to wave

But if you are gonig to use your wav files on a DVD you should convert them into 48kHz format...

I use Cool edit Pro for this (not freeware)....

Take a look around this site ( www.videohelp.com ) and you will find the freeware you need....

regards stars......

(Glad that I could help you Tin2tin !!!!)
    Quote Quote  
  5. DVD slideshow GUI is supposed to convert audio files automatically to 48kHz, doesn't it do this for you?

Tin2tin
    Quote Quote  
  6. New unofficial test version up. This time it's a full install. Been working on adding texts as graphics - but placed as subtitles. In order to do this I've added export to .ssa. 'Show text' toggles texts as graphics on and off. Not all font functions can result in subtitles changes, but the font, the size and underlines can be changed.

Been working a bit on the avi import too.

Get it here:
    DVDsGUI_065C_testBUILD

Have fun,
    Tin2tin
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    why does it ask me for a codec when I do preview?
    What do I need
    just previewing basic slideshow of JPG's

Thanks for any reply
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by tin2tin
    DVD slideshow GUI is supposed to convert audio files automatically to 48kHz, doesn't it do this for you?

Tin2tin

Hi....

Well I havnt add audio to my slides because I use the multitrack function in cool edit...

(well i didnt know that the program did the conv.)

You know music and comments to the pictures.....so all the sound goes into a 48kHz wav file
    and then its encoded to DD 2.0 (.ac3)

These two files are then muxed together in GUI for DVD author...

Its nice to have a homevideo and a set of slidesshows on the same DVD.. Often you are filming and
    taking photos at the same time...

regards stars....
    Quote Quote  
  9. @ jenden
    What codec is it asking for?

Did you install the included avisynth?

If it's a mpeg decoder you need, the have a look at Liquid 217's recommendations:

https://www.videohelp.com/~liquid217/dvdauthorgui.pl?p=download

Its nice to have a homevideo and a set of slidesshows on the same DVD.. Often you are filming and
    taking photos at the same time...
    DSG should take avi's too.

Have fun,
    Tin2tin
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi....

Yes... but I use a DV camera and import the video via firewire so the file has the data rate of 25Mbit/s..
    1h30 min can be around 30G,so I edit the video and encode it with TMPGenc. Often with mpeg2 VBR..
    Here I also split the video (.mv2) and sound (wav.48kHz). The sound is finally encode to DD 2.0 (.ac3)

So the DVD have 2 titelsets one video and one slideshow...

I have downloaded the newset build, but i haven tested it yet....

But i made a test with the other test build, with a large slideshow about 150 pics....and had very big
    problems with the rendering.. I had to give the viritual memory more space (4G) and the whole
    system slowed down...the rendering stopped at about 40 pics and saved a output file (.mv2)..
    The slideshow looked fine.. no errors...

I even tried the first test build that dosent do the clean up, and this one worked better.....

(150 pics, 16:9 PAL,dissolve,100,5)

I havent tried the newest bulid (will do that tonight)...maybe there is a memory problem if you render big
    slideshows....

Now I have tested the newest build with 60 pics size aprox 2Mb each and everything turned out just fine...
    Same spec. as above....

Maybe there is a upper limit on how many pics you can import into the slideshow.
    I dont think this is a big problem cause Im testing an extream amount of pics into one slideshow, if there
    is a problem I can always make the slideshow in smaller parts and later join them...

keep up the great work

regards stars....
    Quote Quote  
  11. Few queries,

Just tried your program, brilliant, I liked it, only I failed to figure out why it made my preview upside down, final file was ok!!

Wondered,
    1. the text thats written on the top of the slide gets embedded in the picture, is there any chance that it can be rather made as a switchable subtitle, white or any other colour block for the text looks kind of ugly.
    2. I didn't try this but is there any possibility to fit the slideshow to the length of music? or add multiple soundtracks for the same slideshow, one after the other?
    3. You have animation option but is it same as Ken Burns effect or otherwise is it on your todo list?

Many thanks
    Quote Quote  
  12. @ Stars - it seems that Media Player Classic doesn't shut down properly on big slideshows and eats up memory. Hit ctrl+alt+del and look under processes mplayer.exe is still running, though the interface has been closed.

@ indijay - what version are you refering to?
    - Avisynth sometimes turns images upside down. I hope that this bug will be fixed some day.
    1. Under presets you can toggle show texts as graphics on off.
    2. No - look above in the thread. Use ex. Goldwave for adding more music and export as one file.
    3. Animation is the same as Ken Burns(I think he invented the zooming in on still images?)
    Quote Quote  
  13. I figured out this graphics on/off using textbox but still it embeds the text into the image and doesn't treat as a "switchable" subtitle, so anyway that can be turned into a subtitle?

I am using the 0.65 version.

Is there any limit for number of pictures that I can add in one slideshow? I tried to add about 850 pictures and it gave me few errors!!
    Quote Quote  
  14. It is the 'show text' switch enable/disable texts as graphics.

Wow 850 images might be overdoing it...

I haven't tried this myself - good to know.

You might want to devide it into smaller slideshows. Under DGS help there is a little tutorial on how to add more slideshows to the same DVD.

Tin2tin
    Quote Quote  
  15. I understand that I can add more than one slideshow in the DVD but since all these images come from single event, I wanted to make one file out of it.

Now I tried to do with half of the images but the folder still contain 850 images and as I changed the directory, I started getting errors.

Th error screenshots are as follows, total 5 but only two are here

Quote Quote  
  16. I guess it's because 5 of the images are unreadable and won't be loaded into DSG. Are there any special letters in the filenames?
    Quote Quote  
  17. No, not really. All are jpegs, shot with the same camera, max length of the file is approx 25 characters!!!

Now I copied approx 400 images in another new directory and tried to import. Windows gave me message saying its running out of virtual memory and DVDAuthorGUI offered two errors repeatedly till I clicked cancel - Screenshots below.
    It imported the images (I am not too sure if its imported all the images) and then made a log file saying "JPEG: Couldn't load - file is probably corrupted." with different time stamps. It doesn't tell me which images it considers as corrupted but first quick look doesn't suggest me any jpeg being dropped out of the imported list.

None of the images in the directory are corrupted as I ran slideshow in preview to confirm and all worked well.

Any more explanation??

Update: I saved imported files as dsg project and closed the program as it just won't allow me to execute any other program (may be because of low virtual memory) I tried to open project again and there are thumbnails of only first 84 images, rest image names and paths are there but no thumbnails, if that gives you more clue.
    Quote Quote  
  18. You might need to higher the virtual memory?
    Tin2tin
    Quote Quote  
  19. True but can you make any sense out of these errors and not showing those thumbnails??

I have virtual memory issue when I do high end statistical computing as well but it works if I don't touch mouse or don't run any other application. I would guess, my computing would eat hell load of virtual memory than this application for reading image files!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by indijay
    True but can you make any sense out of these errors and not showing those thumbnails??

I have virtual memory issue when I do high end statistical computing as well but it works if I don't touch mouse or don't run any other application. I would guess, my computing would eat hell load of virtual memory than this application for reading image files!!

Hi...

I make slides shows with about 50 pic in the .m2v format. Then i join them with DgmpgDec ...
    Now i have got one file but the time code is corrupt so I put it through projectx . The output is one file .m2v
    and a correct time code. Maybe there is a better way, but this one works for me

The sound is another strory...

stars...
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    downloaded DVDsGUI065, installed with no problem. export a slidershow to mpg and no problem. But, if I export to DVD specifying filename = fishing. It created fishing.txt and fishing_bd.mpg and a fishing sub folder. Inside this fishing subfolder are 2 empty folders - AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS. There are no .IFO and .BUP and .VOB files at all. WHat is wrong?

Also, if I export to ISO, it created a fishing.iso, fishing.txt, fishing_bd.mpg, and a 0 byte fishing_c0.m2a file and a fishing sub folder. Under this fishing sub folder are 2 empty folders - AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS wit no files in it. What do I do with all these files to burn a DVD?

Thanks for your help.

I found out that the problem is due to the advanced option of QuEnc - "Mpeg-2 Mux Profile" is stuck at "No Audio". I change it to "to DVD" and it is working now.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Onw more question - where can I download more background patterns (JPEG files)?
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Actually I encountered more problems. Exporting to .ac3 does not work. Looks like it invokes Quenc to create a .ac3 file but then after that a DOS command box "demux" came up. Ran for a long time and created a .m2a file but the .ac3 file was gone. This .m2a file is not rcognizable by muxman anf ifoedit. Looks like the only EXPORT option that works for me is .m2v but nothing else. What am I doing wrong? Now, even outoutting to .mpg does not work, it creates a .m2v instaed. Looks like it stuck creating .m2v.

I found out that the problem is due to the advanced option of QuEnc - "Mpeg-2 Mux Profile" is stuck at "No Audio". I change it to "to DVD" and it is working now.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Problem: when I choose NTSC 16:9, the TEXT, TEXTBOX disapper. No way to get it to be displayed.

I found the solution. In "Presets" screen, just right mouse click on the botton of the slide display, the text surfaced.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a lot of problem with the slideshow ended abruptly on the last slide or missing the last few slides. I found out that MPLEX is aborting leaving the .mpg file too short. The error message is:
    "too many frames dropped"

This problem can be fixed by downloading the latest version of QuEnc (V.070) to replace the V.061 from DVD Slideshow GUI.

However, there is a new problem. MPLEX error out with
    "Frame data under-run detected"

The problem can be fixed by running QuEnc and set "2 pass encoding". Also, make sure the advanced option - audio codec is set to "AC3". Click "Apply" and quit.

It took me a long time and many many digging around, trial and error to sovle these problems.
    Quote Quote  
  26. choi888@pacbell.net - thanks for your bug reports and solutions.

I've tried to fix the bugs in this testbuild:

DVDsGUI_065D_TestBUILD

(Be aware that texts are non moveable in this version and the textbox options is grayed out)

Have fun,

Tin2tin
    Quote Quote  
  27. Yet another update. Check the homepage link bellow.

Tin2tin
    Quote Quote  
  28. How to get a flash slideshow with sound on a webpage with freeware:

1. Export your DVD slideshow GUI slideshow in .avs format.

2. Convert the .avs file in Super to .avi(with sound).

3. Get this tool called Free Riva FLV Encoder (Super doesn't encode flv correct for streaming).

4. Use this to encode the .avi to .flv.

5. Get the free FlowPlayer: http://flowplayer.sourceforge.net/flow.html

6. Add html and files this way: http://flowplayer.sourceforge.net/howto.html

Check out my attempt on the DVD slideshow GUI homepage.

Have fun,
    Tin2tin
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I recently discovered DVD Slideshow GUI while reviewing a list of posts in VideoHelp.com. I downloaded / installed version 0.66. The program is impressive. Following are my comments:

1. The function (button) to align text left/center/right described as 'combobox' in "Help" does not appear to be present in 0.66.

2. It is easy to use alternate background jpg files.

3. The setup of individual slides for a slideshow is easy and fast (more so than prior used program).

4. Saving the Project works great and fully supports the potential need for change to the slideshow.

5. Preview sometimes is a problem. It apparently runs (the hourglass appears) but there is no display of a slideshow. After Preview apparently completes, DVD Slideshow GUI is locked up. CTRL-ALT-DEL was used to exit.

6. Export to mpg runs faster than any prior used programs.

7. Export to mpg sometimes is a problem. After Export apparently completes, DVD Slideshow GUI is locked up. CTRL-ALT-DEL was used to exit. The mpg is okay.

8. All created and saved slideshow mpg have played perfectly and look great regardless of normal end or lock up of DVD Slideshow GUI.

9. The quantity of slides used seems to affect performance and also lockup on occassion. An "exceptable quantity" will result from future uses. A lock up was experienced using about 100 slides. Making segmented slideshows (with a "resonable" quantity of slides) and then merging these mpg segments in VideoRedo works okay.

10. The only real problems are #5 and #7 above. When looking at Processes after doing CTRL-ALT-DEL, it looks like QuEnc.exe and/or mplayerc.exe were still open and using cpu. Thus, it is assumed they had not released control back to DVD Slideshow GUI placing it in somewhat of a wait mode. A restart "cleans the machine up," resulting in DVD Slideshow GUI working okay. However, when a lock up would return in somewhat of a random fashion (no specific thing seemed to cause the lock up), Restart was needed again to clear out the left open processes.

11. All in all, for a tool in development, DVD Slideshow GUI shows great promise - Looking forward to future releases.
    Quote Quote