VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 63
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by tin2tin
    You can always test it on a RW disc or throw the resulting dvdfolders from gfd at mpc to see if there are working.
    Actually it does play just fine on all players (software/hardware) that I've tried - I was just concerned by the warning - maybe it is fine to ignore.

BTW do you know that youre able to export chapters from dsg to import in gfd - so you can make chapters fro eact new image?
    I've never tried to create chapters inside of dsg...

1)+2) I've had a crash and lost my instalation files for dsg - so I'll have to rewrite it now. I think atm. it is possible to install dsg anywhere you like without troubles. Maybe you could test it for me?
    Ouch! Sorry about the crash. It turns out that my previous statements were misleading... I was able to install anywhere I wanted to - but when I tried to run from a directory with a space in the directory name, the program told me I couldn't.

I'll be happy to test anything out.

- Rob
    Quote Quote  
  2. Actually it does play just fine on all players (software/hardware)
    Great - good to know

when I tried to run from a directory with a space in the directory name, the program told me I couldn't.
    Directory with space works ok in the next version - but not '-', so it'll have to check for that.

Tin2tin
    Quote Quote  
  3. Phew - after a year - finally a new version out. Give it a spin.

Btw. if you come up with some good preset for the animation tool, make some great grayscale transitions or code some nice transitions in avisynth - let me know so I can include them in the next pagage.

Have fun,
    Tin2tin
    Quote Quote  
  4. Ahem, there is an installer bug - the icon/icon in the start menu doesn't link to the right file and dsg will not start second time.

However if you run dsg from the installed folder - there should not be any problems.

Will upload the fixed version tonight.

Tin2tin
    Quote Quote  
  5. The install bug should be fixed now. Please report back here if you have any troubles with the installer.

Tin2tin
    Quote Quote  
  6. In the bottom of the first post here - is there a very nice rendered slideshow:
    Terranuts Forum
    Rapidshare: Hubbabub's slideshow

Some nice DVD backgrounds:
    DVD-Backgrounds

Wallpapers can be quite usefull as backgrounds as well(DVDsGUI will scale it to fill the background):
    Google wallpapers
    Quote Quote  
  7. Uploaded a version 0.62 which has avi export - get it at the usual place.

Have fun,
    Tin2tin
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by tin2tin
    In the bottom of the first post here - is there a very nice rendered slideshow:
    Terranuts Forum
    Rapidshare: Hubbabub's slideshow
    Thank you,
    glad you liked it

/Hubbabub
    Hubba hubba zoot zoot.......... :)
    Quote Quote  
  9. Now I've added more than 100 transitions - so now there is 140 transitions in the install.

If you already installed DVDsGUI then you can download the new transitions here and add the new .avs files to the transition folder. At the next startup of DVDsGUI the new transitions will be accessible.

Have fun,
    tin2tin
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    All the installation stuff now works great (can run the program from any directory, etc).

However I'm still seeing a bunch of random stuff when I export to either mpg or avi (haven't tried anything else) This could be anything from the background jpg or almost random noise. (This is all with 16:9 NTSC selected) I think I was able to solve this with doing a CBR encode inside of Quenc. I have yet to try HC for the encoder.

The music gets included without a problem which was a problem I had a while ago, but is no longer an issue.

Another thing I noticed is that the background image is not getting squeezed to the correct dimensions for 16:9 NTSC format. When I create the slideshow, it now leaves slight borders of the background image when the actual slide should be taking up the entire frame. This only happens on the sides of the image and not the top and bottom.

I haven't tried making my own background image to see if that will fix the problem. I did try removing the background image - but that didn't seem to work - it still included the default image.

Despite the length of my comments - I still am very grateful for the program! Keep up the good work!

- Rob
    Quote Quote  
  11. Hi Dupcak,

Thanks for your helpfull remarks.

However I'm still seeing a bunch of random stuff when I export to either mpg or avi (haven't tried anything else) This could be anything from the background jpg or almost random noise.
    This might some encoder stuff(noise) it's seldom I get these - and it's really random. I didn't code any of the encoders - so it's pretty much out of my hands. Renderings which turn out black is even more seldom for me - it might be a problem in the coding language. With these two issues I think that the only thing to do is to rerender the thing and hope for the best . But as I said it doesn't happen to me that often anymore.

The music gets included without a problem which was a problem I had a while ago, but is no longer an issue.
    BTW. the avi-encoder doesn't add music - sorry about that. Not on my computer anyway.

Another thing I noticed is that the background image is not getting squeezed to the correct dimensions for 16:9 NTSC format. When I create the slideshow, it now leaves slight borders of the background image when the actual slide should be taking up the entire frame. This only happens on the sides of the image and not the top and bottom.
    Here the background does get scalet okay. DSG will downscale the image until both width or height are within the safe area. If you want to get rid of the background and the photo doesn't cover the whole background, you can add an animation to the slides. I mean select all your slides, open slidesettings, tick animation, hit the animation button, zoom a bit in at the first frame, add a key, go to the last frame, zoom the same amount, add a key, and okay it. That way you can get the image to cover the background - but at bit of the top and bottom will be cropped.

I did try removing the background image - but that didn't seem to work - it still included the default image.
    There must be a background image - even if its just black.

Despite the length of my comments - I still am very grateful for the program! Keep up the good work!
    Thanks!

Tin2tin
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    WARN: System header found, but PCI/DSI information is not where expected
    Hey Yeah Wow!!!!
    I was getting these error messages too. A bit disconcerting but when things seemed to work, I just figured that was normal. Of course it would be nice to understand the error message and if not relevant have them not appear.
    Happy hunting guys. Over another 1/4 of the year gone already.
    Quote Quote  
  13. 0.63 out...Download here!
    - Added avs export - use ex. Super to import the avs file and render to ex. flash!
    - Faster and cleaner render.
    - Fixed a mp3 bug.
    - Added latest Quenc and Avisynth.
    - Bugfixes.

That's all for now.

@ballywho - where do you see this error? Now with the avs export - it's very easy to try out some of the other encoders... ex. HCenc, Freeenc, VitrualDub, Super ect.

If you're having trouble instaling avisynth check out this thread: doom9

Have fun,
    Tin2tin
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, nice program.
    I think that tje possibility to save the text as a subtitles file (str, sub..) it could be a good idea.
    The new version main file is "DVDsGUI063.exe" when the last was "DVDsGUI062.exe" so i have to delete the old file, Idea: for the future it must be the same name so one replace the other
    Another thing i don´t know what people prefer, but i like portable applications, and this program save thing in the windows registry
    Quote Quote  
  15. @ remialdo
    I think that tje possibility to save the text as a subtitles file (str, sub..) it could be a good idea.
    That might be a good idea - I've thought about it myself, however there are a couple of things I must do first.
    The new version main file is "DVDsGUI063.exe" when the last was "DVDsGUI062.exe" so i have to delete the old file, Idea: for the future it must be the same name so one replace the other
    Always uninstall the old version before installing a new. I like that people can see it's a new file - and I won't mix up the different versions.
    Another thing i don´t know what people prefer, but i like portable applications, and this program save thing in the windows registry
    It's only avisynth using the registry, I guess it's for running avs files in the player ect.

Thanks,
    Tin2tin
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi tin2tin!
    I downloaded ver. 63 of DVDSlideshowGUI and used it first time to create an mpeg menu with 5 stills and an mp3 song to use inside a DVDStyler project. Everything was ok. Your program rendered the photos and audio correctly into a playable mpg file. I put this file into my DVDStyler project and when tried to create the DVD with DVDStyler, it stopped and DVDAuthor told me that a certain 'cygwin.dll' had two different versions or something like that (forgot to copy the log file to show you). So my question is: Can interfere this new version of DVDSlideshowGUI with other DVDAuthor packages in other programs (DVDStyler, GUI for DVDAuthor, DVDAuthorGUI)?

Look forward to your news.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Try copying the files from DVDstyler/dvdauthor/ to DVD slideshow GUI/bin and overwrite the files in DsGs bin folder. It might be because I haven't updated the dvdauthor files a long time. Let me know if that works for you.

I'm gettig reports on 0.63 errors - I suspect it's a new avisynth install which is causing these problems. Did you install the avisynth included in the DVDsGUI pagage?

Tin2tin
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi tin2tin!

You are right! I was not able to install the Avisynth package enclosed with DVDSlideshowGUI .63. I suppose it is due to a prior Avisynth install in my C:\Program files\Avisynth folder (Your installer reports there is not enough room in this folder) and was not important for me as your NICE application created my first .mpg file OK.

Again, thanks both for your great program and your help for my problems. You know, now I am at work and am using my desktop PC, but as soon as I get back home, I will try your tip on cygwin1.dll.

Regards,
    Quote Quote  
  19. Wow, Great work.

I am speechless, so I have to type this to say THANK YOU.
    Quote Quote  
  20. 0.64
    - Added: Export to .srt(subtitles).
    - Added: option to deselect text as graphics.
    - Added: New icons.
    - Added: Border to animated images. - Bugfix: Chapters.
    - Bugfix: Render.
    - Update: Latest DVDauthor.
    - Update: Now almost dos popup free.
    - Update: Render cleanup.

(from srt you can always convert to .sub with any of the great free subtitle tools)

[EDIT: 5/4.2006 Had to do a fix for this bug in
    AviSynth 2.5.7 Alpha2:
    - This version has had the automatic output ConvertAudioTo16Bit disabled to ease the testing of input of WAVE_FORMAT_IEEE_FLOAT type steams. Audio Sample type float will be output as WAVE_FORMAT_IEEE_FLOAT to the host application. None of the popular application can currently handle this stream type. Add a ConvertAudioTo16Bit() to the end of your script. This will be restored for the next release.

A fixed version of .64 is uploaded]

Have fun,
    Tin2tin
    Quote Quote  
  21. Updated:
    - Added: Better access to camera animation tool.
    - Added: Save ini settings.
    - Added: Save show text option.
    - Bugfix: Subtitles.
    - Bugfix: Chapters.
    (thx Remialdo for finding those bugs!)

Have fun,
    Tin2tin
    Quote Quote  
  22. Copacetix demo slideshow in xvid with music and animation.

Tin2tin
    Quote Quote  
  23. Thank you tin2tin
    The program is getting better and better for every update.

/Hubbabub
    Hubba hubba zoot zoot.......... :)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi thanks for a great program..

I have been playing around with V0.64 and i have found some strange things...

First the newset version of avisynth dont work very well together with
    GUI for dvdauthor 0.98 (animations in menus) I think its the MPEGDecoder.dll plugin
    that dont like it.
    I had to downgrade to V2.5.6b (something). There is a new verions 0.99 but i think the fault lies in the plugin...

When i render slides i want to use 16:9 PAL option and i have noticed that i get many rendition errors....

I thought that if I converted all jpg to BMP it would better for the resizing stage...yes the result was better..
    After a few more tests i discoverd that the disolve plug in made many errors it seams that the plug in made the
    errors not the rezing of the image. I change plug in to blurdisolve and the errors wanished....

Before the img conversion to BMP there many errors in a 4:3 rendition, but after the conversion there were
    no errors at all...only in the 16:9 rendition....

So maybe the random rendition errors can be linked to some fault in the avs plugins ????

Thanks for a great program

stars.....
    Quote Quote  
  25. Hi Stars,

It has nothing to do with avisynth. It is most likely the coding language(wxbasic) which isn't fast enough to draw the images correctly before saving. Try switching off border, text and textbox under presets for now. When I some day will get a lot of time on my hands I might rewrite the exporter, but these weeks I'm finishing a 4 years long feature film project and have very long days at work.

Have fun,
    Tin2tin
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi ok I had my thoughts about the timing aspect...I feeled that someting wasnt
    doing something quick enought...

I only use a black bakground picture and the image...

To help the program with the speed issue I have downscaled the big images and the output file is
    saved on another hdd, not the one with the pictures..

Now the rendition almost work flawless...

Time... if we ever could get enought time to do all the things we want to do...

Anyway great program....looking forward for new versions

regards stars...
    Quote Quote  
  27. Okay, I must be crazy or something. Here's a very sketchy test build. See if you can get it to mis-render any images in the different ratios. The downside of this fix is that et means bye-bye to texts as graphics.

Link removed - look further down.

This is only to adress the rendering problem and not a full install! Place it inside the installed(version 0.64 dvd slideshow gui mainfolder and run it from there.

Important: this build doesn't delete temp files and images. So watch out for filling up dsg main folder with temp files!

2 bugs I haven't fixed:
    - Unprecise animation.
    - Avs export doesn't work with animation.

Please report back on the rendering issue.

Thanks!

Have fun,
    Tin2tin
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi...

Great work...I will try it out and give you a report...

regards stars...

well i had to test it at once....

The speed is fast as lightning...and the export of jpgs (big resulution) are working great...

The improvment of speed is very good...

ATM i have only done 2 renditions 16:9 PAL with blurdissolve filter and all are turning out fine....

For info Iam running a Pentium IV 2.5GHz and Win XP sp2

All the img files and output file uses the same hdd...

No erorrs at all

Keep up the great work (if you can spare the time)

regards stars....
    Quote Quote  
  29. Thanks!!

Here's a new testbuild - still adressing the export issues - please test it misrenderings in all the different formats and aspects. Now it doesn't use temp image files and is even faster than before with almost instant previews!

Link removed.

Add this to the installed dvd slideshow gui 0.65 main folder and run it from there. Please report bugs here...

Have fun,
    Tin2tin
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    HI....

great work...
    I have downloaded the newbulid and will test it later tonight...

regards

stars............

Here are the results

**** TESTBENCH *****

Program: DVDsGUI_065B_exportTESTbuild

What to test: Rendering problem

---- SET UP ----

Background: Black 720x576 format jpg

Avsfilter: Dissolve

Exposition: 100

Duration: 5

Number of slides: 30 digital camera photo 2560x1920 avg size 900kB jpg