VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 63
FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. The photos that I'm trying to import are images that I've scanned to .tiff format and are about 17MB each.
    That error is from wxbasic(the free programming language DSG is coded in)when loading tif/tiff, so there's nothing I can do to make it go away. Alternatively I could take tif/tiff out of the allowed import formats - but they'll render fine - though it's annoying with the errors.

I would recommend you to use ex. http://www.irfanview.com/ to batch convert your images into ex. jpg and downscale them too. Unless you need a lot of zooming into the images. But 2000*17 MB will be to much for DSG to handle since everything will be loaded into the RAM when rendering...
    Quote Quote  
  2. Take a look at some of the new eye candy demos here!

Done with this new testpatch with a couple of bugfixes and new use of the 'Overlay' transition when using overlapping(negative) transition durations.

Get it here: Outdated!

Unzip the included files into an installed DVD slideshow GUI 0.78 mail folder and run the included exe from there.
    Quote Quote  
  3. The root of all evil träskmannen's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Looks really good!
    In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thanks! Just added a Magic Ball slideshow to the demos.

It's done by using the fisheye posteffect combined with an overlay png image with alphachannel.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello tin2tin,

first of all I would like to express my deep thanks for this wonderfull piece of software that I have started using. I would like to ask you how can I preview all 160 transitions in an easy way so that I can choose the one that I want to apply for some images. I tried to think it over and over and found nothing.
    Thank you for your reply.
    Quote Quote  
  6. When I use Overlay (with DVDsGUI_078a) it gives an error..

"I don't know what "imgout" means"
    Quote Quote  
  7. @ adentro
    There is no way to view all transitions in an easy way. However if you open the 'Transitions' folder you'll be able to see all the grayscale images used for different transitions(add new grayscale images to this folder. Restart DSG and you'll have a new transition). Also the TransAll.doc in the Transitions folder carries some info. The free coding language wxbasic doesn't support animated gif which would be needed in order to do what you're after.
    Quote Quote  
  8. @ alevon I think I've got it now: DVDsGUI_087b.zip - to be run from an installed v. 0.78.

Included are also some new transitions. Preview here.
    Quote Quote  
  9. I would like to ask you how can I preview all 160 transitions in an easy way so that I can choose the one that I want to apply for some images.
    Well, now I've made a transition previewer - but as mentioned I can't get animated gif to work under the programming language.

Download this and place the 3 files in the main folder of an installed DVD slideshow GUI and run the ViewTrans.exe.

Now you'll see the dos promt pop up about 160 times... exporting a gif animation for each transition and placing it in a new folder. When it's finished you'll see a new file in your main folder: Transitions_Preview.html - open this in Explorer and you will be able to see all you current transitions for DSG.

Here's the transitions I have at the moment: Transitions_Preview.html
    Quote Quote  
  10. The root of all evil träskmannen's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Wow - thanks! That will make life easier for me.
    In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Now I made a Post Effects previewer - be aware that some of the effects are only for the image and not for the entire animation.

Place the files from this ViewPostEffects.zip into the main folder of an installed DVD slideshow GUI and run the new exe. This will produce a html and gif animations. Open the html to watch the Post Effects.

Here's what an example(with a bit of html editing): PostEff_Preview.html

Btw. let me know if you encounter any bad bugs with this one: Test post.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello tin2tin,

thank you very much for your effort with Transitions and PostEffects Preview. Very nice of you.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Here's a new Post Effect filter for you: Mirror. Get it here.
    Unzip the files into the 'PostEffects' folder and restart DVD slideshow GUI.

It will mirror the bottom part of the image like it was water or something like that. Take a look at the demo here!
    Quote Quote  
  14. I'm testing adding avi/avs as motion backgrounds - looks pretty cool - take a look here!

(The background is made by Mike Pan)
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    great software and effect
    i've done some dvd slideshows with it
    unfortunately now i've new camera and want to do slideshows in resolutions above 720x576 for computer only, i prefer res 1280x1024
    i've read previous topics about changing resolution in avs file but i've always got preset resolution 720x576, higher res is only when i put at the end of file LanczosResize(image,1280,1024) but i thnk it's bad idea to first shrink image and then stretch it
    my avs file - i've written in place of 570 or 576 number 1024 and in place of 718 or 720 number 1280
    # Definitions:
    SafeH = 570
    SafeW = 718
    overimg=blankclip()
    SafeAviH = multifour(570) # resizing avis within width and height
    SafeAviW = multifour(718)
    SafebH = 576 # resizing background within width and height
    SafebW = 720
    rate = 25
    bname = LanczosResize(imagesource(bname,1,1,rate),SafeBW,s afeBH)
    a = bname
    at = bname
    b = bname
    bt = bname
    Try {
    imgout=ImageSource("J:\proba2_temp_files\proba2%06 d.ebmp", 0,2, rate)
    }
    Catch(err_msg) {
    imgout=blankclip(1,720,576, fps=25).converttoyv12()
    }
    SafeH = 576
    SafeW = 720

PLEASE tell me what i've done wrong
    PS maybe in next version implement possibility to create own presets
    Quote Quote  
  16. @lechu789

I don't think I'm going to add HD formats atm(going to stick to ordinary DVD formats for a while).

However if you want to export and change values in avs scripts I think it should be possible to do what you're after.

When slides are animated DSG is using the original images for the avs script(else they are downscaled to temp ebmp's for saving the memory usage when later running the avs script), which means that you would have to animate all slides...

Just select all slides, open animation, add a key at the begining and at the end of the animation slide(you don't have to move the image) and okay it.

Then you export as avs and do a 'find & replace'(in ex. AvsP) of all the 720/576 values and also all the current safe area values for the entre script. This way I think it should be possible to do a slideshow in the size you're after and then manually render in HCenc or what you prefer.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks a lot for your info
    tried it all as you said until late at nigth and everything worked o.k.
    i had to change values for SafeH, SafeW, SafeAviH, SafeAviW, SafebH, SafebW, ResX, ResY, safex, safey
    and remove
    img = img.zoom(factor="Spline(n,1,1,100,0.79)", \
    width=safex*1, \ height=safey*1, \ srcx="centerx3", \ srcy="centery3", \ dstx="Spline(n,1,288,100,288)", \
    dsty="Spline(n,1,232,100,232)", \ angle="Spline(n,1,-0,100,90)", \ show=false)

because the slide was bad positioned and cut
    thanks again
    Quote Quote  
  18. Happy to hear that you found a way to do what you wanted.

Been playing around with the new motionbackground feature and made an overlay video as posteffect. Here's an example.

The videos are from here.
    Quote Quote  
  19. There was a nasty bug in 0.80a which caused the an animated avs background to be overwritten by preview code - making DSG to go into an endless loop. I hope it's fixed now - please get the new 0.80B instead!

Sorry.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Hi, DvdSlideshowGui is my favourite slideshow software, but i have some problem...The final dvd don't play very well in my dvd player Panasonic RV32: the upright corner in the movie is warp. (see image attach)
    If i play a dvd slideshow created with Nerovision Ahead, it play correctly.

How can i fix this problem?

Thanks and excuse me for my little english.

marktwain

cimg1685.jpg
    Quote Quote  
  21. @ marktwain
    It looks like you got something magnetic too close to your tv... like a speaker. This is definitely not caused by DVD slideshow GUI. Just try to run your dvd on your computer...

Btw. the Presets: SafeX/SafeY makes up the safearea which often is not visible on standart tv's - it looks like you can allow this area to be a bit bigger so you can get the photos to fill you tv screen.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Here's a new beta for you: [edit: Get the latest from the homepage...]

New features:
    Change Thumbnail size
    Classic windows file loader
    Check loaded avisynth script,
    Save working directories,

Bug:
    Missing post effect on overlay transitions together with animation,
    Preview causing save file bug.

Wxbasic dosen't allow the standart windows fileloader to get multiple files - therefore I had to make it externally in autoitscript(250 k).
    Quote Quote  
  23. Hi,

When I try to load a MP3 or m3u file in the presets dialog, I get the following error:
    Evaluate: System exception - Access Violation
    (F:\Program Files\DVD slideshowGUi\DVDsGUItempMusic.avs, line 2)

I do not have this with all MP3 files. Is this a known error?
    Quote Quote  
  24. @ ernstblaauw - No, could you upload a sample of one of your mp3 files which doesn't work? Or PM me about where I can get it?

[Edit: I noticed that you know about avisynth coding. You can always export your slideshow as .avs and have a look how the loading of mp3 files is done. If you get some idears on how to load mp3 in a more bullet proof way... let me know and I'll change the code. ]
    Quote Quote  
  25. Originally Posted by tin2tin
    @ ernstblaauw - No, could you upload a sample of one of your mp3 files which doesn't work? Or PM me about where I can get it?

[Edit: I noticed that you know about avisynth coding. You can always export your slideshow as .avs and have a look how the loading of mp3 files is done. If you get some idears on how to load mp3 in a more bullet proof way... let me know and I'll change the code. ]
    The error seems to be caused by mpasource (also if I remove .eqaudio() ). I replaced it by DirectShowSource, and the problem is gone. However, you have to have an mp3 directshow decoder.
    The problem is described here on doom9. Maybe the MP3 I have has a malformed header or something. Is it possible to add the choice to use DirectShowSource or mpasource? Using DirectShowSource, a lot of other formats can be used as soundtrack.
    If you need more help, please post here .
    Quote Quote  
  26. @ ernstblaauw

Thanks - that was very infomative. Btw. the reason I'm using that it because DirectShowSource was very unstable when loading mp3's.
    The new NicAudio.dll will not load mp3 files for me, so for the time being I don't see any other way that to stick to mpasource and hope they will get it fixed(FFmpegSource.dll is too big: 3.8 MB).

I guess that .avs could be used as sound/music import too at some point so people could use what ever the like to load music.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Originally Posted by tin2tin
    @ ernstblaauw

Thanks - that was very infomative. Btw. the reason I'm using that it because DirectShowSource was very unstable when loading mp3's.
    The new NicAudio.dll will not load mp3 files for me, so for the time being I don't see any other way that to stick to mpasource and hope they will get it fixed(FFmpegSource.dll is too big: 3.8 MB).

I guess that .avs could be used as sound/music import too at some point so people could use what ever the like to load music.
    Hi,

I tried other builds of MPASource (same error) and NicMPASource (also no success). I posted this in the mentioned thread on doom9, maybe there is a solution. However, I also tried FFmpegSource: a filter that uses FFmpeg. It can be found in a thread on Doom9. This filter loads my MP3 fine, however, in the documentation is stated that FFAudioSource (only loads audio) is 'Experimental, may or may not be accurate enough for real usage.'
    Quote Quote  
  28. I'm sorry to reply on myself, but as I have some news, I thought it is no problem.

I emailed with the author of MPASource. He suggested that the mp3 file is maybe 'slightly corrupt'. Loading the file in mp3directcut and doing 'save all' solved the problem!

However, this is not a solution for DVD slideshow GUI: mp3directcut is not open source, so we have to find an open source, command line driven alternative. (Only if you still want to overcome this problem; it turns out to be a faulty mp3 file.) Does someone have an idea?
    Quote Quote  
  29. Well I think that mp3directcut is a nice solution for people with a similar problem. I'll add a link in Troulbleshooting/FAQ. Thanks for finding out of these things.

I just noticed that the DreamScene option for Vista oftens just is looping videos, which can be downloaded and used as backgrounds for you slideshows:
    http://www.smitsgallery.com/Dreamscenes.php
    http://www.vistahd.org/content/blogcategory/18/67/

Most often these can be used in DVD slideshow GUI by a bit of avisynth code:

Code:
    # Change the BilinearResize and ChangeFPS values
    # to fit the ratio and framerate of your project.
    DirectShowSource("D:\yourvideofilenamehere.wmv")
    BilinearResize(720,576)
    converttoyv12()
    ChangeFPS(25)
    Copy/paste this into Notepad, change the BilinearResize and ChangeFPS values to fit your projects ratio and frame rate(ex. NTSC is 720,480 & 29.97) and change the filename and location of you videofile. Save as .avs and now you can open this file as a background under Presets and you'll have a cool moving vista-like background to your slideshow.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Hi,

The author of MPASource has released a new version whoch fixes my mp3 bug! Could you include the new version in DVD slideshow GUI?
    You can download the latest MPASource on http://avisynth.org/warpenterprises/#mpasource

Ernst
    Quote Quote