+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 63
FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi!

I have a weird problem...

When I export my project with normal safeX / safeY settings everything works like a charm but when I try and save it with: Pal 4:3 safeX=1 safeY=1 HcEnc crashes on some of the pictures. The only way to get to 100% is to remove those images even though there is nothing wrong with them?!

Does anyone know why this happen and why it doesn't when I use different settings? Even tried to resave the pictures it crashes on with Adobe but as I said ...nothing wrong there...
    Quote Quote  
  2. @gd
    Use avisynth script to make your slideshow(AvsP as IDE). HCenc to render it to a m2v. And Muxman or GUI for dvdauthor to author the m2v file to a dvd.

@mccm
    Can't reproduce your bug. What does MPC say when you preview that slideshow? What is the original size of those images? Maybe it's the powers of 2... (You can type in a '0' as value in safex/y).

On exporting 5.1 audio from DSG: https://forum.videohelp.com/topic326127-120.html#1752538

I'm sorry I don't have much time to code these days.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    A few details about avs-imported avi files, which some folk might have from their Canon PowerShot SD800-IS or similar digital camera. This camera will shoot either NTSC or PAL. I shoot NTSC, but what I actually get is 30fps, not the 29.97 that DsG requires. I said I can't test PAL video here in NTSC land. This is not true. I installed my $10-$28 payware mjpeg codec of choice and ran PAL tests on the avs script I previously posted. I found bugs, using GSpot, AvsP, MPC and VirtualDub.

Even a short AviSynth script can be challenging. For example, AVISource gave my Pentium4 system the infamous HC encoder closing error: Application Error - The instruction at "0x0ab62fa9" referenced memory at "0x0a444c80". The memory could not be "read". The solution was discussed at Doom9, use DirectShowSource instead.

AvsP was very useful, but showed its limitations dealing with the powerful filter ConvertFPS. ConvertFPS can preserve a/v sync while dropping from 30fps to 25fps, but this can't be previewed by AvsP/MPC in real time. I checked converting of my non-interlaced Canon avi by opening my script with VirtualDub and then saving a huge direct stream YUY2 avi test file by frameserving.

The Canon avi audio bitrate is too slow for SSRC to resample, which explains why SSRC-oriented DVDSlideshowGUI gives errors. The AviSynth filter ResampleAudio accepts a wider range of input bitrates to resample than the fussy, but higher quality, SSRC.

Next I used DVDSlideshowGUI 0.77RC3 to create PAL DVD folders from my debugged import script and some .jpg files:

Code:
    DirectShowSource("Drive:\path\Canon.avi")  # Get 5 minute 30fps(p) clip 
    LanczosResize(720,576)   # Correct aspect ratio. 
    ConvertToYUY2()   # Required by ConvertFPS.
    ConvertFPS(25)    # Convert frame rate to PAL(p), duration unchanged
    ResampleAudio(48000)     #audio correction for DsG
    The DVD folders played at the right speed with good a/v sync in MPC, so to complete the round of testing I made an iso file from the DsG DVD folders with ImgBurn and checked a burned DVD on two cheap DVD players capable of playing PAL as NTSC. Looked good there too. Now I'm set to make DVDs of slideshows with avi clips for either NTSC or PAL countries!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Software problem / Bug...
    Error Line 7224 after apperaring HEnc window.
    gfdcftmp[i] = fgetshandle[i] or something at the end...
    Henc reports several errors but it passes to fast to see them.

The problem I suppose is that I am trying to make a slideshow with lots of pictures.
    Is there any problem if the pictures are from diferent res ?
    Altough I did not get the any error with some 200 pics.
    If I increase it to 350 or so I simply crashes....

I know it existed a limit (due to the number of chapters 99) ...
    But in the most recent ver it seems It were solved...

Any idea what is happening ?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am getting the exact same error with 333.

Error reading from file
    fgets() in file "C:\Program Files\DVD slideshow GUI\DVDslideshowGUI.exe", line 7224:
    > GFDChaptersTemp[i]=fgets(handle)'GFDchapters&","fgets(handle)'&"0"

On clicking "OK", it ask if I want to exit and exit regardless of whether I choose Yes or No.

Originally Posted by markmarques
    Software problem / Bug...
    Error Line 7224 after apperaring HEnc window.
    gfdcftmp[i] = fgetshandle[i] or something at the end...
    Henc reports several errors but it passes to fast to see them.

The problem I suppose is that I am trying to make a slideshow with lots of pictures.
    Is there any problem if the pictures are from diferent res ?
    Altough I did not get the any error with some 200 pics.
    If I increase it to 350 or so I simply crashes....

I know it existed a limit (due to the number of chapters 99) ...
    But in the most recent ver it seems It were solved...

Any idea what is happening ?
    [/img]
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    DVD slideshow GUI version 0.77RC3 stops.... When I load few jpgs and export it to mpg, after some time HCenc dosent do anything:

Please help.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I sorry I don't have the time to look deep into your problems(or work with DSG atm.). One suggestion is however to make sure that you have enough ram and harddiskspace (where DSG is located and where your exported files goes). DSG is saving temp bmp files to harddisk of all images(about 1.2 mb each) before rendering the avs file in HCenc in order to mimimize the ram usage. And resulting mpg files can also be quite big. (I don't know if HCenc checks if there is enough disk space left or it just pauses)
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hmm... i have 1Gb ram so i think is good..
    disk space.. i have 6gb free but i will try install DSG on other hdd
    Thank you.

ADDED:
    Its working now, DSG needed more hdd space
    Quote Quote  
  9. Good to know, thanks!

I suspect that sanggarra and markmarques are getting those errors because of lacking harddisk space for the temp bmp images - which then can't be saved - and therefore can't found, when rendering.

Sanggarra and markmarques please report back if more hhd space solves your problem? If yes I'll have to try to get DSG to check better for needed hhd space before preview'ing/rendering.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Any way you can create a new preset that preserves image size 1:1 @ 29.97 fps?

Lately, I like doing slideshows in Hi-def as in 1920 x 1080 and 1280 x 720. I prefere to save out as AVS script that I can later encode with x264 and/or VC-1. I pre-crop all images anyway, so resize is not a problem........
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  11. I don't have the time to code these days. But you could try to export to avs and tinker with it and replace the temp image files used for rendering.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

I have used this to create a slide show using all the default settings.

I find that on some DVD players it works fine (and on a PC) and on other DVD players the slide show gets stuck between the first picture and the second and doesn't progress at all.

Is there a way round this so that it will play on any DVD player?

Thanks

Frank
    Quote Quote  
  13. what version are you using? The 0.77 RC3 with HCenc? - If not try it(QuEnc cause it)
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Regarding the 'Could not open file' in DevIL, I had the same issue with a black 4-bit .bmp file. Once I converted it to 24-bit, the problem went away. Hopefully this helps.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

Ref my earlier post:

"Hi,

I have used this to create a slide show using all the default settings.

I find that on some DVD players it works fine (and on a PC) and on other DVD players the slide show gets stuck between the first picture and the second and doesn't progress at all.

Is there a way round this so that it will play on any DVD player? "

I have checked and I am using 0.77 RC3.

Do you please have any other ideas to try?

Thanks

Frank
    Quote Quote  
  16. Well if you're making the slideshow inside DSG it's Dvdauthor which does the authoring of the dvd files - I'm no expert on Dvdauthor - all I can say is that it been working for me on playing it on different standalones - alternatively try to export to .gfd and let GFD use Muxman to author the dvd and see if you get the same problem.

(BTW. there is a bug in DSG when exporting to .gfd in 16:9 with the number of possible album buttons)
    Quote Quote  
  17. I have the same problem of n4p1 (posted 08 Oct) and mccm (posted 15 Sep). I'm using DVD slideshow GUI version 0.77RC3.
    When I export my project (PAL, 4:3) with normal safeX / safeY settings everything works like a charm. But when I try and save it with safeX=1 safeY=1, HcEnc does anything after some time. I used diffferents settings :
    - safeX=1, safeY=1, stops at the frame 1978 over 2229
    - safeX=5, safeY=5, stops at the frame 1978 over 2229
    - safeX=10, safeY=10, works correctly
    - safeX=10, safeY=1, works correctly
    - safeX=6, safeY=1, works correctly
    - safeX=5, safeY=1, stops at the frame 1978 over 2229

In fact, if safeX > 5, works correctly
    If safeX <= 5, stops at the frame 1978 over 2229

I tried to change the number of files, but HcEnc stops at the same frame.

Does anyone know why this happen and why it doesn't when I use default settings? Many Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  18. I've just rendered a pal slideshow with safeX/Y =1,1 with 32599 frames without any problems. HCenc doesn't do check for free space on harddisk, it will just freeze if there isn't enough. Are you sure that you got enough free diskspace?

(Btw. there is a new HCenc out over at www.doom9.org)
    Quote Quote  
  19. @tin2tin
    I have 21 GB of free memory on my hard disk and 1 GB of RAM Memory. Thanks for helping me. It is not a very big problem. I will try to do a defragmentation of my hard disk and I will keep you informed. I have a AMD Athlon XP 2000+ and my OS is Windows 2K. May be a problem with my configuration? Thanks.

Edit and suite:

I did the defragmentation. Export fails at the same slide with safeX=safeY=1, but pass with safeX=6 and safeY=1. The problem occurs at the slide 12 over 60. When I put the slide 12 in the position 3 (for example), export pass on this slide but fails at the slide 25. When I suppress slide 12, export pass. It seems to be a problem with this slide but all the caracteristics of the slides of my slideshow are the same (but with 720x540 pixels)...
    I resized all the slides with XnView at 720x576 pixels. Export pass with safeX=safeY=1. All seems to be OK.
    But this don't explain why slide 12 passed with safeX=6 and failed with safeX=1 before.
    Many thanks tin2tin. The problem seems to be solved using XnView for resizing my slides. I have to do other experimentations to be sure.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Just check all your hhd drives(where DsG is installed and where you're rendering to) for free space when HCenc is hanging.
    Quote Quote  
  21. OK tin2tin, see above for my experimentations. Thanks a lot.
    Quote Quote  
  22. @ tin2tin - Other experimentations:
    Yesterday, I resized all the slides with XnView at 720x576 pixels. Export passed with safeX=safeY=1. All seemed to be OK.
    Then with XnView, I applied the filter "Enhance Detail" to the slides. Export failed with safeX=safeY=1 and passed with safeX=6 and safeY=1. Exactly the problem described in my post of 13 Nov, with the same values for safeX and safeY (pass if safeX>=6, fails if safeX<=5).
    The same set of slides pass without using the filter "Enhance Detail" and fail with this filter. I suggest that the encoder would have some difficulties to encode pictures with enhanced details and then don't stop but is blocked. Are you an idea? Thanks a lot.
    Quote Quote  
  23. @ Harry Cover - That sounds really really wierd! I guess when previewing it everything looks okay? I have rendered a slideshow with images of that size you had problems with - but without any problems. The only thing I can think of is what I suggested above, because bigger images/more detail might produce a slightly bigger mpg file - and as I mentioned HCenc hangs when it runs out of free harddisk space(check all your drives for free space when HCenc is hanging).

Concerning the .gfd exported import problems - try to rename your test.gfd to test.xml and open it in a xml editor and see if opens that file okay on your (french?) computer.

[Btw. I did not code Hcenc - and know only very little about it]
    Quote Quote  
  24. Reply concerning the test.xml file here
    https://forum.videohelp.com/topic339748-30.html#1775116
    Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello tin2tin,

I have made a DSG project with jpg and videos, all is ok.
    I save and close DSG. When I reload the project with DSG, I have the attached error message, I click 'Cancel' to continue.
    The final log writes a lot of lines like those:
    22:19:16: No handler found for image type.
    22:42:29: Couldn't add an image to the image list.

I look in DSG: icons of images are displayed for videos, instead of the standard video icon. And the last images have no image icon. Finaly, the number of errors is equal to the number of videos...

DVD slideshow GUI is always the best slideshow creator, great job!

wxassertfailure.bmp
    Quote Quote  
  26. Yes, that sounds like a bug. I actually can't remember if I checked saving/loading of avi/avs in dsg files works. I will try to look into that when I get the time.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello tin2tin,
    I wanted to save a DSG project to manipulate it by replacing blank subtitles by my photos descriptions (Exif description tag). Then reload the DSG project.
    As reloading the DSG project doesn't work, I decided to use your new feature, say importing "User comment". So I filled JPEG comment (and EXIF comment to be sure) in Exifer, and imported the photo with DSG, after having preset Subs as "User Comment". Subtitle is not imported, but it is always equal to "program (auto)".
    Do you know exactly which Exif tag has to be filled to import the user comment correctly in DSG ?
    Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok, I succeeded to see the DOS prompt that is opened when DSG imports the photo, and it says "Nonfatal Error: Suspicious offset of first IFD value".
    So I think that my photo is corrupted... if anyone knows a tool that can correct the photo and/or its Exif tags, please do it here...
    Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  29. New version out with optional overlap between slides:
    Version 0.78
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi tin2tin

I am trying to use your program but I get the following error message when I try to import images:

incorrect count for field "MinSampleValue" (1, expecting 3); tag ignored
    The only option is to select "ok" about 3 or 4 times for every picture that I am trying to import. Since I am trying to import some 2000 pictures for the disk this will not work

The photos that I'm trying to import are images that I've scanned to .tiff format and are about 17MB each.

Can you tell me what the problem is?

Many thanks
    Quote Quote