VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Can anyone with Clonedvd2 and an nec 3500a (rev. 2.17) try and burn a video. Everytime I try it the program bombs out. Using version 2.5.3.3. Nero bombs out as well, at least the recode portion did. Data worked fine. I replaced my Lite-on with this. The lite-on never failed once. Wanted dual layer but I am thinking of returning it and keeping the lite-on.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Update. I tried this drive at work and everything seemed fine. I am starting to think that I need updated drivers of some sort. Running on a nforce 2 board. Anyone have ideas on what I should look at first? I think the bios is updated already. I updated the firmware as well.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Rollback the Nforce IDE drivers to the MS drivers and try that.

Tom
    Quote Quote  
  4. I removed the ASPI drivers that I had installed and it seems to be working fine now.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Spoke too soon. Still doing the same thing. Not sure why. I burned a couple of movies just fine. But a certain movie will not burn. Think I am done with this NEC crap.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Did u try my earlier suggestion ?
    Quote Quote  
  7. yes, same thing. Seems like it worked fine on another computer at work. I am going to take the drive back to work and try to burn the movie I am having problems with. Don't know what to do. Everything seems to be updated
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OK, you now say a "certain" movie so it's probably something else and not the burner.
    Do you mean a certain movie gives you errors while it is trying to burn, or that the certain movie doesn't play right after you burn it ? I'm a little confused now. Since you said you replaced the Lite-On with this and it was always good, why not just put the Lite-On back in then and check it out ?

Tom
    Quote Quote  
  9. Yes, I plan on putting the liteon back in and testing it out. My problem is that I can not burn the movie. As soon as clonedvd starts to write, it bombs out. As far as I remember I believe I have already burned this movie with the liteon but I will double check today. Then monday I will take the NEC into work and try burning the same movie that I am having problems with.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OK- Good luck .You could also just have CloneDVD save the movie as a Video_TS folder and use Nero to burn it also if you have it.

Tom
    Quote Quote  
  11. I think I may have found the problem. First, the aspi drivers. I couldn't burn anything with those installed. Then I believe the movie I was trying to burn was 7 gig. Although clonedvd will rip it to a dvd5 it seems it won't automatically reduce it from a DVD9 to a DVD5. I think it was starting up, saw that the disk was not large enough and then just failed. I re-ripped the dvd to a DVD5 and I am now burning it with my older Liteon burner and its working. I will try the NEC later.
    Quote Quote