VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Both the DVDR04 and the HD version have issues with false macrovision signals.
    Ilo tech support claimed there will be a firmware update for the DVDR04 due out next week.
    Has anyone checked to see if this firmware update addresses the macrovision issue?
    I know most people have been on about the audio bug, so the macrovision problem rarely gets mentioned.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I have updated my ILO Firmware Page to include the DVDR04. It now has the new firmware update for the 04 that is suppose to relax the Macrovision sensing.
    Guitarman
    ILO DVDR04/HD04 Firmware Download Page

ILO DVDRHD04
    Pioneer DVR-420H-S
    Magnavox MOXI DVR
    Quote Quote  
  3. I installed the new firmware.
    The original firmware was much "looser" with copy protected material. You could record around a half an hour of a MV tape before the flag went off. You could then record anywhere from three minutes to half an hour or more before setting off another flag. This could be where a previous poster in another Ilo thread got the idea if you paused the tape before starting the Ilo it would defeat the MV.
    Now as soon as it gets the signal it flags Copy protected.
    To the best of my knowledge, I have done about six hours anf four or five tapes, no more false Copy protected flags.
    I only record from the s-video in, and use the Ilo only as a recorder. So I can't comment on if any other problems have been fixed.
    If someone is hacking the firmware to remove Mv, I hope this helped.

On edit,

Mine is the DVDR04,
    I should have paid closer attention.
    Quote Quote