VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi

Could somebody explain something to me, I recently bought a nec 3500 and I used the nero burnspeed thing to see what speed my burner was burning at, and after the test it came back saying that the max that it had burnt at was 2x and the line on the graph was quite flat, I was using datalife 8x dvd - r and I thought this burner was supposed to burn at 16x, why isn't mine then, could be my set up:

1.1ghz Duron
    64mb Ram
    30gb harddrive
    windows me

Or could it be something else?

Thanks in Advance
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you used the Nero "burnspeed thing" and chose any other option than "Create Data Disc", this did not show how fast your DVD burned, but how fast the DVD you burned was read back,commonly referred to as "ripping". Stock firmware on this drive has a rip-lock on it to keep it lower.

How long did it take to burn the disc ? That will give you a better idea of what speed it was actually burning.
    Also, you can go over to www.cdfreaks.com and look in the NEC section to find more info on your drive.

Tom
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by lockett1977
    Hi

Could somebody explain something to me, I recently bought a nec 3500 and I used the nero burnspeed thing to see what speed my burner was burning at, and after the test it came back saying that the max that it had burnt at was 2x and the line on the graph was quite flat, I was using datalife 8x dvd - r and I thought this burner was supposed to burn at 16x, why isn't mine then, could be my set up:

1.1ghz Duron
    64mb Ram
    30gb harddrive
    windows me

Or could it be something else?

Thanks in Advance
    You can use hacked firmware to burn faster, but it will void the warranty.
    Quote Quote