VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi everyone,

I've been looking for this info online and I've had a tough time finding the answer.

Does the Pioneer DVR-A06/106 burn the new 8x media well? I mainly use TYG01 but they seem to have been discontinued in favor of the 8x rated TYG02. I'm not sure if this new media is supported properly by the burner. Just wondering if anyone has this info before I order a bunch of them. Thanks.

-Shmorq
    Quote Quote  
  2. Master of Time & Space Capmaster's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You should have no troubles. TY media is the best, IMO. I have a Pioneer 107 that just loves TYG02
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks for the reply.
    I'm just worried that the new TYG02 code which came out well after the latest 1.08 firmware might now be recognized and it'll use the default strategy to burn the disc which may not be optimal.

I'm just being overly picky or careful.

-Shmorq
    Quote Quote  
  4. Master of Time & Space Capmaster's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by shmorq
    Thanks for the reply.
    I'm just worried that the new TYG02 code which came out well after the latest 1.08 firmware might now be recognized and it'll use the default strategy to burn the disc which may not be optimal.

I'm just being overly picky or careful.

-Shmorq
    You're just being careful. You can't be too careful with media anymore ...wth all the junk out there

Have you checked out some Pio 106 firmware hack sites? They might have more info on FW upgrades.

Also, did you have a hack that would let you burn the TYG01 at 8X? Or were you burning at the rated 4X?
    Quote Quote  
  5. The DVR-A06 is a 4x burner so I was burning the TYG01 at 4x.

I think checking out the hacked firmware sites is the best source of info which I haven't done yet. Thanks for the idea Capmaster.

-Shmorq
    Quote Quote  
  6. Master of Time & Space Capmaster's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by shmorq
    The DVR-A06 is a 4x burner so I was burning the TYG01 at 4x.

I think checking out the hacked firmware sites is the best source of info which I haven't done yet. Thanks for the idea Capmaster.

-Shmorq
    4X. I knew that It's Monday :P

Oh well ....I stand by my opinion of TY ...all TY. Gooood stuff I'm pretty sure that you'll have no trouble burning the TYG02 at 4X.
    Quote Quote