VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3
Thread
  1. Does anyone know who makes the Fuji 8X made in Taiwan discs?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by samijubal
    Does anyone know who makes the Fuji 8X made in Taiwan discs?
    Probably a bunch of kids in a crowded dirty building with "whip masters" behind them.

- John "FulciLives" Coleman
    "The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    EXPLORE THE FILMS OF LUCIO FULCI - THE MAESTRO OF GORE
    Quote Quote  
  3. Well, my taiwan 4x were Ritek. But it changes like the wind.

And they are not kids!!! They are young entrepreneurs.
    And those are not whips, they are called motivational tools for productivity enhancements.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well Frys has CQ stack of 50 8X DVD-R for $19.50 and a 25 of DVD+R 8x for $9.75 and I can say that the +r's haven't failed yet and the -R are ok but there best quality about them is they come with the coating to print directly on them
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by samijubal
    Does anyone know who makes the Fuji 8X made in Taiwan discs?
    I'd bet money the 8X -R are Prodisc and the 8X +R are Ricoh.

Fujifilm changes suppliers a lot but they seem to insist on top grade discs. I've never had a Fuji coaster - can't say the same for some other name brands *cough*Memorex*cough*Verbatim*cough*.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Spend a few bucks more and by the "microsoft" of media, as they have been known to be called

Ritek

http://www.shop4tech.com/item2764.html
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I can confirm the fuji 50 pack 8x DVD-R at BB with "made in taiwan" are indeed prodisc F01. All they had at my store was the "made in taiwan" spindles. I had the CC coupon and $5 mcbucks so for 15 cents each I couldn't resist. Plus my LG burner loves Prodisc anyway! Last week K-mart had a deal on 15 packs spindles of Fuji 8x DVD-R and they were made in japan and TY02.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well I just got home from BEST BUY which I only entered because I needed a small pack of CD-R discs. I usually buy the FUJI 10-pack because they say MADE IN JAPAN therefore they are Taiyo Yuden and they already come in slim CD cases. I don't use many CD-R discs so that quantity is fine for me. They will last me a month or longer hehehe.

Then I saw the 50-pack FUJI DVD-R cake packs and I looked and sure enough it said MADE IN JAPAN 8x DVD-R and only $19.99 without any coupon or rebate!

So I bought one even though I have a spindle here from RIMA.COM that still has about 30 or so on it.

I didn't have the CC coupon but a 50 pack of 8x Taiyo Yuden DVD-R discs for $19.99 plus sales tax beats the price over at RIMA.COM and since that price at BEST BUY is not a "normal" price but a "sale" price I had to take advantage of it

As for the other thread lurking about here on the evils of BEST BUY ...

At the cash register they said something like, "your purchase entitles you to a free 8 issue magazine subscription ... blah blah blah" and I said NO then they asked for my phone number and I said NO then I used my ATM/VISA check/debit card and it automatically came up as a debit transaction and I made the cashier cancel it and did it as a credit card transaction. It costs them more that way and gives me credit card level protection (not that you need that on MEDIA purchases).

I guess I am that 20% of customers that BEST BUY does not like because even without the CC coupon I can't imagine how they are making money on these FUJI 50 packs ... unless FUJI is eating it and not BEST BUY.

- John "FulciLives" Coleman
    "The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    EXPLORE THE FILMS OF LUCIO FULCI - THE MAESTRO OF GORE
    Quote Quote  
  9. I managed to pick up 2 spindles tonight at a Best Buy a few towns over.

They had plenty in stock, both -r and +r (unlike my local BB).
    Quote Quote  
  10. I ended up with 500 of them in the end, I'm set for awhile. Thanks again whoever started this thread, you rock.
    Quote Quote