VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I know nothing about stand alone or table top DVD recorders, but my interest in getting on was stirred when I saw the Lite-On LVW-5007 unit at Sears. It has the TV Guide On Screen feature. This was formerly called Guide Plus Gold when I got my Sony SLV-M20HF VHS VCR.

As it seems the LVW-5007 has a MONO TV tuner built in, I was looking for other units with the TV Guide ON Screen feature that DO have an MTS Stereo TV Tuner built in. I've done some searching, but I'm not having too much luck.

My Goal... replace my Sony VCR with a DVD recorder with the same kind of features.

While I would rather +R/+RW support as my laptop does NOT support -R/-RW, if there is an easy way to go from - to + after recording, I can get either. (My PC has a Sony DRU-500a burner that does both + and -.)

Can anyone provide any suggestions?

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Mark

The Philips HDRW720 has a TV Guide On Screen feature and supports +R/+RW format. It also has a MTS decoder.

Chas
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    My panny dvd recorder has tv guide plus gold and I think all panasonic dvd recorders have this feature.
    Quote Quote