VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I saw this on techbargains and it looks like it's better than the ilo for the extra $70.

What do you guys think??

I read the comments on the writers page and the only thing that looks bad is the playere inability to dub to the hd from disk.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Hello

Thank you for the link. I just placed an order. though I doubt that buy.com will be able to order any more of these units since the dvd recorder is out of production--but if they can I will take one at this price.

While I do not have a Panasonic DMR E100, I do hava the prior HS2, which allows dubbing from the HD to dvd-r and dvd ram, and from dvd ram back to the HD. This unit should perform these tasks at the very least.

I do not believe that this unit has the TV guide programming menu that the Panasonic DMR E85 has.

Regards

John
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by edthesped
    Looks like the Availability of the panny is "On Order" (not in stock)...

The Devil`s always.....in the Details!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Wow!! Thanks for links folks! I just placed an order too. Is there a difference between dmr-e100hs and dmr-e100?

I'm assuming that there is no difference and this is indeed their top of line model for the past year. This one has the 120 GB and pc card slot, right?

Please confirm so I can cancell my order if it isn't the same.
    Quote Quote  
  5. "playere inability to dub to the hd from disk."

That would be a first. I never heard of one that didn't do that.

This one is only $28 cheaper than retail.

Sony is coming out on Nov 15th with a dvd recorder with component inputs & 160 gig hd, $800
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by handyguy
    "playere inability to dub to the hd from disk."

That would be a first. I never heard of one that didn't do that.

This one is only $28 cheaper than retail.

Sony is coming out on Nov 15th with a dvd recorder with component inputs & 160 gig hd, $800
    Huh?? unless I'm missing something the cheapest I see one for is $630,

see http://techbargains.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php?masterid=1125278&found=1&search=DMRE100HS

I did however put a cancellation request for the order as I think I might prefer newer technology. But the ability to encode in DIVX format looks tempting.

Also, I read that there is a work around for dubbing from disk to hd, plug the cable from the output to input. More info can be found in the comments in the DVD Writers section. FWIW I can only dub disks that were made on my ilo from disk to HD if I re auther them on the pc they will not copy to the HD so the Panny isn't alone in this respect.

A link to the manual can be found here

http://www2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/vModelDetail?storeId=11251&catalog...VD%20Recorders

select "operating instructions"

Edit: sorry, I didn't fully read your post. You can definately dub from HD to DVD but DVD to HD requires a "workaround".
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ANybody order from BUY.COM before?

What does "SENT TO WAREHOUSE" mean? Does it mean I'm going to get my order? If you try to order now, it is unavailable... the price is too low, this is one of the biggest bargains I've ever seen. They were probably flooded with orders. Hopefully sent to warehouse means I got one.
    Quote Quote  
  8. I've placed quite a few orders with Buy.com. "Sent to Warehouse" simply means that they've verified payment and have sent your order to the warehouse to be filled. It does NOT mean they have the item(s) in stock.

Hopefully, you'll get your E100. However, don't count out the possibility of receiving an e-mail stating your order was cancelled as the item is no longer available. The exact same thing has happened to me on several ocassions.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    For those who placed an order. Anybody got theirs yet? Just curious.
    Quote Quote