VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I didn't know where else to post this, but I used to get the 3-Up Glossy CD/DVD Labels from Meritline for like $19.99. It's an excellent deal in that you get 150 labels (and they are good, too!).

For my media, I have since moved over to shop4tech.com (much happier with the quality, the type of media, and the speed from purchase to delivery to my door).

However, Meritline.com was the only place I ever saw the 3-Up Glossy (not the crappy Matte) labels. They now have them listed as "Out Of Stock".

Anyone have any ideas as to where to get these labels, or are they gone for good?

If so, any recommendations as to where to get DVD labels, High Glossy, for a decent price (I'm not paying $40US for a 50 pack of 2-Up labels.. that's just plain crazy).
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,

I'd recommend against dvd labels. They supposedly add to the weight and can unbalance a disc (dvds are more sensitive than cds).

Your better off getting a printer that can print onto printable dvdr's or just use a sharpie like I do

Kevin
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I also agree with yoda313. You can get a DVD printer for 100.00. The Epson R200. Then purchase inkjet printables. And print away.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have seen people recommend against them in the past. However, I personally believe that those people have been using the WRONG LABELS.

The standard Matte ones that you get from CompUSA, OfficeMax, and other stores are extremely THICK, which adds, substantially, to the weight of the DVD.

This thickness, combined with some pilot error (bubbles, stuff getting between the label and the disk, the occassional placement of the label on the wrong side of the disc) not only can cause problems but will.

I abandoned using those Matte labels for just that primary reason: they are too thick and add too much weight. On top of that, I was never impressed by the resulting print quality on matte labels, which generally look pretty sad. Most desktop computers and most stand-alone players will play discs with heavy matte labels just fine. However, I found that those little travel DVD players just don't have the strength to spin that disc with the thick heavy label, and most laptops have the same problem.

The High Glossy 3-Up Labels (http://store.yahoo.com/meritline/higglosinwhi2.html) I was using were awesome because they were very thin and, after a whole lot of testing, did not cause problems on any of the players that were problematic with the thicker Matte cousins.

I'm not particuarly attached to Meritline themselves.. I am more attached to the type of label and the cost-saving 3-UP variety which seems to now be rather hard to find.

Oh.. and a specilized printer, while appealing, kind of defeats the purpose of my multi-function printer, doesn't it? That, and the whole idea of having my DVD run through the mechanics of a printer after authoring it doesn't give that warm fuzzy feeling..
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by wesmoc
    Oh.. and a specilized printer, while appealing, kind of defeats the purpose of my multi-function printer, doesn't it? That, and the whole idea of having my DVD run through the mechanics of a printer after authoring it doesn't give that warm fuzzy feeling..
    Well in a way it is a multi-fuction device in that it can print direct to cd/dvd and print to paper too....

I get a luvly warm fuzzy feeling each time i look at the quality of my printed disk as it rolls out of the printer..
    Not bothered by small problems...
    Spend a night alone with a mosquito
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,i have some problems with printing 3up full face labels,i have nero label designer thing,when i print ,the last(3rd) label is a little off the page,it is cut by about 2 cm,and the other too(printed area) are a bit bigger than the actual label(they are a bit smaller than memorex labels)so the are not really centered (same thing i got with 2up labels in mediaface program).How do i calibrate printer?How do i shrink that to fit the page? i tried "fit to page" in the printer setup but doesnt work.what do i do? Anybody had same issue? help! (i have pixma ip1500)
    Quote Quote