Closed Thread
Page 1 of 9
1 2 3 ... LastLast
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    No, But I Don't Mind When Others Do

2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    No , but others can smoke their cancer sticks and it doesn't faze me at all.

3. Why is the person on the other end of the cigarette called a smoker. It is actually the cigarette that is smoking. The person "smoking" the cigarette should be called a sucker.

4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Only after sex ....

- 'bout a pack a day.

-abs
    "The purpose of art is not the release of a momentary ejection of adrenaline but rather the gradual, lifelong construction of a state of wonder and serenity." --Glenn Gould

Search Comp PM
    Used to smoke about 20 a day for nearly ten years then gave up overnight when I got into med school (late starter ). I still have the occasional one every couple of months when I'm out with friends that smoke, but don't smoke infront of children or non-smokers.

That said, if I go away for a 'guys' weekend away in the country I usually get through about 40.
    Regards,

Rob

Search Comp PM
    Hello,

Nope. I'm allergic to it so it bugs me when others smoke.

Kevin
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?

7. Being stuck in a room with smokers ans my throat gets scratcy and I cough up phlegm, nose starts running and eyes get irritated....

And that's not even mentioning the stench. Maybe I've become sensitized/allergic to it having grown up with smokers, it never bothered me til living in a smoke free environment.

So I'm in the hate it when others smoke camp.

Cheers

Search Comp PM
    NO
    I Have Always Been Here

Toshiba Regza 37Z3030D, Toshiba HD XE1 + EP-10 ( Both Multiregioned), Samsung BD-P1500 Blu Ray. OPPO DV-983H

9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    For those that would like to quit, this site helped me- http://www.whyquit.com/
    The only way to quit is COLD TURKEY. The catch, you have to endure 3 days of hell, after that it's all mental. I'm smoke free now for two years, after a 25 year habit. Treat it as if you addicted to heroin.

10. Oh you ment smoking by a cancer stick!

I though you ment smoking a circuit! Silly me!

Search Comp PM
    i smoked for 15 years or so.. i quit about a year ago for lots of reasons but the easy one was that i promised my daughter i would if something would happen.. well it happened so i wanted to keep my promise.. its better for me and her anyway.. i never smoked around her really anyway.. and i smoked less than a pack a day of the lightest i could find and then not all of it.. BUT if i go to the bar or am out drinking ill smoke some.. but when im back home or at work i dont even really think about it anymore.. . its all mental.. i need to stop the smoke and drink together thing now..

12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Second hand smoke is almost as bad as smoking a cigarette yourself. People who live with smokers suffer a much higher percentage of smoking related diseases than people who breathe clean air. So if you smoke around others, your hurting yourself and those around you.

13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Occasionally heavy smoking leads to birth defects..............

http://www.artlex.com/ArtLex/uv/images/ugly_guyshead.jpeg

Search Comp PM
    Don't forget what nicotine does to your laser lenses - It's a real CD/DVD player killer!

/Mats

Search Comp PM
    No smoking here.
    Originally Posted by lordsmurf
    Nobody likes a bunch of yackity-yack.

16. I quit, and oh I miss it
    If it's wet, drink it

My DVD Collection

17. A cigar once every couple of months when out and about , but that's it.

Search Comp PM
    I quit approx. 33 years ago.
    At first I didn't mind being near smokers but as the craving wore off I started to hate the smell. Especially the residual stench it leaves on clothing and on people's breath.

btw) If your sneaking one, don't think that breath mints or anything else hides the smell because it doesn't. Non smokers can still detect it a mile away. If no one has said anything it's either because they too are closet smokers and can't detect it or they are being polite by not saying anything. Just don't think your fooling any non smoker who gets within 6 feet of you.

Probably the worse smell is the guy who saves a butt and sticks it in his pocket. Now there's something that fills a room.

Search Comp PM
    evrahday allday..woooo

20. current smoker for about 20 years. Went from the cowboy killers (marlboro reds) to marlboro ultalight 100's (I know that it doesnt make a real difference).

I am a "nice smoker". I only smoke outside, NEVER in my house. NEVER, around other people and certainly never around my son or wife.

An interesting poll (in addition to this one) would be how many smokers are children of smokers.

21. Master of Time & Space Capmaster's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by glockjs
    evrahday allday..woooo
    Same here. And ...with the militant attitude many non-smokers have around here, I find it's helpful to have this in one hand when I have a cigarette in the other hand. Strangely, the whining about second-hand smoke seems less important to them. In fact, several have even offered me a light:

22. smoking... 2.5 packs a day or so.
    but im down to 1 pack a day for a week now :P
    HELL AINT A BAD PLACE TO BE

Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Capmaster
    Originally Posted by glockjs
    evrahday allday..woooo
    Same here. And ...with the militant attitude many non-smokers have around here, I find it's helpful to have this in one hand when I have a cigarette in the other hand. Strangely, the whining about second-hand smoke seems less important to them. In fact, several have even offered me a light:

ah yes, the universal "problem solver"

Search Comp PM
    Nice to see you keep a squirt gun cap to put out your cig butts. Wouldn't want to start a fire now would you

25. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Quit 3 years ago after getting the big C,luckily cured.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.

26. Master of Time & Space Capmaster's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by gll99
    Nice to see you keep a squirt gun cap to put out your cig butts. Wouldn't want to start a fire now would you

I keep using it to put them out and it keeps making big holes in the side of the building ....and it's such a loud squirt gun too

27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Smoking is like taking a pinch of rat poison it wont hurt you now but it will catch up to you ,smoking is for people who really don't care for their health.

28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm a half-pack a day man, on average.

BTW, I really love these anti-smokers who complain about second-hand smoke etc, while driving round in a 5-litre sports car, or sitting round their cosy open fire. Hypocrites is what they are - the lowest bunch of all.

jinjin

Search Comp PM
    Stop smoking. Who me stop smoking?

Search Comp PM
    Who here mixes tobacco with their hooch?

I don't smoke, but I couldn't care less if others do. Here in Australia, smoking is being gradually banned out of pubs = SHOCKING!!!

If you wanna quit smoking, just start rolling your own, it's easier to give up than quitting straight from tailor-mades...!