• I Smoke tgPOT

349 7.22%
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 9
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I used to smoke, i was on about 2 packs a day

i used to wake up in the middle of the night just for a smoke, i would smoke in picture theatres on buses anywhere i wanted one. i would always get enough puffs before i was told to put it out

i gave up on my 25th birthday, just thought i would try my next 25 years differently and everyone said i could never give up.

when i gave up i used to black out alot, but i think it was the amount of alcohol i was drinking back then.

i took up sucking on peppermints but peppermints and beer didnt mix that well so i gave up the peppermints

you have to have a very good reason to give up and cold turkey is the way to do it.

Search Comp PM
    My grandfather was a heavy smoker. Then one day he told my grandmother that this was his last one. And he's never smoked since then. He says it's all a mind game. Just fill your time with other stuff.

3. I dont smoke inside the house, and i dont like it when others do. I smoke in the car occasionally, i try to not do that again.
    About these smoke free pubs, i been to some, its very good, just go outside and smoke 2-3 times, thats more than enough for one night. i dont need constant smoking when im drinking, but if i have the chance i will, and thats not a good thing.

Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Capmaster
    Also true of fossil fuel as an energy source.
    If we can hold out a few more decades, that will sort itself out pretty nicely. (But if humanity had an sense at all, the last fossil fuel powered gadget had already been made, but again, a huge industry (and nations) rather takes a buck today than live tomorrow.)

/Mats

Search Comp PM
    Use to smoke a pack a day but quit. Now it seems that I smoke if I Stress.

6. yeah I'm an ******* idiot. Pack a day

7. Question:

Why do smokers think it is okay to litter? I see them all the time crushing their butts on the ground (sometimes right next to an ashtray) before entering a building. Perhaps it is their form of protest that they cannot smoke inside. I don't know. But I don't like seeing all that litter.

I also see smokers throw their butts out the windows of their cars while driving. They know their car has an ashtray. But they do it anyway. And sometimes a brush fire starts.

I have nothing against smoking. It's up to you what you put in your body. I don't like the smell, and I don't like the litter though.

Darryl

8. Master of Time & Space Capmaster's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by dphirschler
    Question:

Why do smokers think it is okay to litter? I see them all the time crushing their butts on the ground (sometimes right next to an ashtray) before entering a building. Perhaps it is their form of protest that they cannot smoke inside. I don't know. But I don't like seeing all that litter.

I also see smokers throw their butts out the windows of their cars while driving. They know their car has an ashtray. But they do it anyway. And sometimes a brush fire starts.

I have nothing against smoking. It's up to you what you put in your body. I don't like the smell, and I don't like the litter though.

Darryl
    They're just inconsiderate slobs and no doubt litter in other ways too - like chucking a large drink cup out of their window when they're done. They think the world was put there just for them. It irritates me to no end when I see that

Search Comp PM
    Those imbecile smokers say that smoking isn't worth crying about by non-smokers, yet not one will drive with the windows up while smoking.

10. I've seen my father flick his butt for so long, I've never thought of it as littering, but you are correct when you put it in perspective.

Society has just accepted it for so long, it's not really thought of the same by everyone as crumpling a piece of paper and throwing it on the gound.

Search Comp PM
    I am about to finish the patch program.

So far so good.
    no more cigarette for me.

But a cigarillo? yeah baby

12. How did the patch work for you? I have a box of them sitting around waiting for "the day". The box is about a year old.

I am getting ready to move back down South (thank God) and think this isnt a good time to quit (course, there never is).

13. Master of Time & Space Capmaster's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I tried the patches and the nicotine gum. They're too hard to light

Search Comp PM
    Sometimes I smoke after sex, but only when i go to fast.

15. I "tried" to chew a piece of nicorrette gum. It was God awful. I almost threw up trying it.

16. Master of Time & Space Capmaster's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by macleod
    I "tried" to chew a piece of nicorrette gum. It was God awful. I almost threw up trying it.
    It's a bit like chewing on rubber bands :P

Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by dphirschler
    Question:

Darryl
    i'll use the ashtray if its there, no doubt about it. but some businesses dont see the need to invest in one. the way i see it if you dont have an ashtray you really dont care where the ciggs go.

Search Comp PM
    I said I quit. But I do remember.

Tolerance is the mother AND Father (weird) of peace.
    Smokers seem to test this quality in other human beings, all the time.

You smokers know what I'm talking about:
    Those imbecile smokers
    Yeah. I just quit but you don't know how dudes like you probably made me smoke alot longer.

the non-smokers are saying "****-OFF" right back at you.
    Ooooh, what a nice gentleman moderator.
    Something is definitively true here: non-smokers think the smokers should always be hidden.

smoking around people that don't should be punishable by death....and not a quick one but a slow painfull one.
    If the world ever comes to this I would gladly volunteer my time to be one of the torturers.
    This was already quoted before. Gee, I cannot remember how many times I was in a public place, too close to someone stinking like hell. We should be allowed to shoot them as well. Wait a minute! I am thinking here.... we should also shoot their mother and kids. Do not take chance. Stinking people are probably sons of the devil. Let's eliminate them.

IMO they should have made say 50% or so of pubs in each suburb smoke-free, not a complete ban
    Frigging true that they should leave some place for smokers.
    If you do not banish it from the stores, do not banish it from other places (at least, some).

If we had kids, I'd either quit, or only smoke outside (which would lead to quiting).
    I would not have a problem to smoke outside if I was living in the desert,. Did you ever smoke at -20degC? You do not need a cig to to smoke, but it tastes better with one.

How did the patch work for you? I have a box of them sitting around waiting for "the day". The box is about a year old.
    Humm,
    Don't do like me: tobacco inside a patch taste weird and it has a funny color when you light them.
    Serious: not so bad. Stayed on the program longer because I've cheated.
    I have not smoked for a while but...

I am playing poker with friends this Friday.
    5 to 6 guys. All smokers of something. Big lamp over a green carpeted table.
    I know I will fail. I will try to stick with little cigars. We're all human.

One thing you non-smokers do not know:
    Smoking increase your brain capacity and capability
    Manufacturer's will not put this on their pack, hey?

Tcha-tchow

Search Comp PM
    I forgot to add:

I do agree that littering is bad.

However, I was littering when I was smoking.

Non smokers have not read alot about nicotine.
    Search and you will find that this substance is worst than (here you name a couple of tough drugs, known to create addiction in user)

sorry for my baaadd english.
    My spell/gram checks are not working. Problems with software.Tchow

20. I don't smoke, never have. I don't mind if others smoke around me as long as they don't blow the smoke near me and they don't smoke in my car.

21. Smoking increase your brain capacity and capability
    Oh really? Could you provide some evidence to back that up with?

As I said before, "tolerance" of smoking is basically about social consensus. There is nothing "right" or "wrong" about it. Just like there isn't really anything intrinsically wrong about being naked in public -- it just isn't socially acceptable.

Smoking is gradually and increasingly being less and less acceptable in a public place. Sorry, but that's just the way it is.

Regards.
    Michael Tam
    w: Morsels of Evidence

Search Comp PM
    dont make capmaster pull out the "problem solver"

23. Master of Time & Space Capmaster's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by glockjs
    dont make capmaster pull out the "problem solver"

24. Nothing like a good Ashton 8-9-8 cigar...some of the finest the domican republic has to offer!
    www.sabronet.com - It's all you need...to know

25. Being an interstate trucker, i smoke 30-40 cigarette daily, on the road,
    keeps me happy and sure beats takin drugs, leave that for the cowboys.

later all

Search Comp PM
    dang peterbuilt thats alot, cant knock u too hard though cause i know if i had a job like that i'd probably smoke more than that

Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by peterbuilt
    Being an interstate trucker, i smoke 30-40 cigarette daily, on the road,
    keeps me happy and sure beats takin drugs, leave that for the cowboys.

later all
    Mate, I think I'd prefer a few lines than 30-40 ciggies!

Search Comp PM
    I very recently stop smoking.

Rhum/JDaniels/Beer/Wine consumption has triple.

I'm ok with that. As long I do not barf while I drink, I'm fine..

29. That website, www.whyquit.org, is so good. Though I've never smoked, if I did, I would be so motivated to quit now after reading some of the articles there. Great website. I encourage any of you that want to quit smoking to check out that website. And good luck to you all.

Darryl

30. Master of Time & Space Capmaster's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    It's a common misconception among non-smokers that quitting is only a matter of realizing that smoking is bad for you. They think that one good pic of a diseased lung will do it. Like all smokers stupidly go about their lives, waiting for that piece of crystalline logic, delivered by a knowledgeable non-smoker. The classic: "Why do you do that if it's bad for you?"

I don't know. Why are you non-smokers using your feet to walk around? Walking on your hands would save you shoe money :P

Gee thanks, guys ...I had no idea. Maybe, just maybe.... you're not in a position to offer me advice on this subject ....huhhhhhh? :P

It's a case of not knowing what you're talking about unless you've been there and done that. Sorta like describing the color red to a blind man....you just don't know, and should hold your disgust and disapproval in check for that very reason.

And I get annoyed that many people seem to enjoy pointing out others' character flaws just a bit too much. Perhaps it's subconscious self-validation. Maybe it's the same reason why people slow down to rubberneck at car accident sites ...."there's someone worse off than I am ....this is great".

All I can say is that you're fortunate that you don't know how hard it is for most of us to quit ......all the logic in the world goes out the window once those cravings start. You are willing to use that photo of a diseased lung to light your next smoke, if necessary