VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !

View Poll Results: Do You Smoke?

Voters
4831. This poll is closed
  • Yes, Everyday

958 19.83%
  • Yes, But Only A Few Times A Week

99 2.05%
  • Yes, But Rarely

164 3.39%
  • No, But I Don't Mind When Others Do

488 10.10%
  • No, And I Hate To Be Around Others Who Do

2,238 46.33%
  • No, I Quit / Am Quitting

420 8.69%
  • I Dunno Baby I Never Checked

115 2.38%
  • I Smoke tgPOT

349 7.22%
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 9
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Thread
    Search PM
    I smoked for a couple of years...glad I quit now with the tobacco tax increase in the states it's going to be an expensive habit for people. BTW it dosen't bother me for others to smoke around me...
    Donadagohvi (Cherokee for "Until we meet again")

Search Comp PM
    I smoke.

About 2 packs a day maybe close to 3 on the weekends.

A couple months ago I was really broke on unemployment and starting buying ZIG-ZAG cigarette tobacco ... and made my own. You can buy empty cigarette tubes and you use this (somewhat of a pain-in-the-ass) machine to stuff them with the loose tobacco.

Actually better tasting than even "premium" cigarettes like Marlboro, Camels, etc. but I hated making them and now that I'm working again I mostly been buying my brand of choice (Camel Lights) but I still buy the Light ZIG-ZAG and make my own.

Tastes better and HELL of a lot cheaper.

The only "drawback" is stuffing them just right. Too little and it burns up too quick ... too much and you get a sore throat sucking on it SO hard just to get a decent drag out of it.

I have a can now and some tubes ... might spend some time tomorrow making them ... been 3 weeks now and I miss the flavour.

- John "FulciLives" Coleman
    "The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    EXPLORE THE FILMS OF LUCIO FULCI - THE MAESTRO OF GORE

Search Comp PM
    How did I miss this Poll???!!!

I'm a smoker...about a pack a day...usually less, sometimes more if I go out drinkin in the evening....

gimme a camel filter, and everything is all good...

mastersmurfie
    just a thought

mastersmurfie

Search Comp PM
    "Mrs. Hech" smokes.....and only outside....but I don't mind smokers and don't preach about my smoke-free life.
    I heard a comedian describe smoking a long time ago and it has always stuck with me. He said society in general tends to "nice - ify" smoking but what it boils down to is this:
    You are putting something in your mouth and lighting it ON FIRE.

I have never forgotten that phrase....but have forgotten who said it. Is that why I chose to NOT smoke my entire life?....who knows. But I'm no angel....I used to chew Copenhagen snuff in America and now I chew Swedish snuff here in Europe. Maybe that is why I have never preached the evils of smoking....even though smoking has claimed several family members.

5. Smoke is good, just that i smoke too much when drinking/party. The price of tobacco is no problem, am staying in Philippines now, around $1.50 for 200 filter cigarettes.

6. only_emo_kid
    no.....

7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    People do not smoke.
    The cigarette or cigar smokes.
    People are just the suckers on the end!

Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by dunamis
    People do not smoke.
    The cigarette or cigar smokes.
    People are just the suckers on the end!
    That sounds familiar

9. Originally Posted by louthewiz
    Smoking is like taking a pinch of rat poison it wont hurt you now but it will catch up to you
    Poor analogy, Rat-poison (wolverine) is frequently prescribed to pepole with pacemakers. My father-in law takes it every day.

And yesy, I do smoke, about 20 a day.

Tried quitting several times, lasted a few months each time but not permanently yet.

Search Comp PM
    Yep, everyday, all day. Been smoking for the past 16 years. Started off with Camels, went to Camel Menthol, and now I smoke which ever is on sale between, Kool, Marlboro Menthol, or Salems. I perfer Kools though.

Yep, parents smoked, I have 2 sisters, 1 smokes, the other doesn't.

I had to give up everything else. No drinking, no drugs (mary-jane), no fast food, no caffine, no salt, no sugar. Damn it, if I want to smoke, I will.

Everyone needs at least one guilty pleasure.

And I do respect others that don't smoke. I do smoke in my house. My girlfriend and I only smoke in the TV room. If we had kids, I'd either quit, or only smoke outside (which would lead to quiting).

Search PM
    About 20 a day of under the counter tobacco and make my own with tubes.
    Got sick of the government putting more tax and upping the price of tailors, now their about AUD$10 a pack of 25's, for AUD$60 I make about 500
    I've been making my own for about 5years now, whenever I do have a pack of tailors I end up with a sore throat, not to mention I prefer the tast of home made.

I cant believe they've banned smoking in pubs here in Australia, I mean what in the hell is the world coming to when a bloke cant go down to the local pub and have a beer in one hand and a smoke in the other, even if you go outside for a smoke you cant take you beer out the front door! So you have to smoke outside and drink inside but you cant do both at the same time unless you ****-off home and do it there! (even though both are legal drugs)

Their reason is that the non-smoking waiters and bar attendants shouldn't have to put up with the smoky enviroment, well I say to them ****-OFF , nobody is holding a gun to your head and forcing you to work at bloody PUB, you have the choice to work their or not. Now us smokes dont have any bloody choice.

I mean if someone was allergic to any contact with fish and they wanted to work at a fish market, should the fish market ban fish to make them happy. HELL NO they'd just say "if you dont like it, PISS OFF and get a job where there's NO FISH"

If you dont like the working conditions DONT WORK THERE, Im sure someone else would be quite happy to take the job.

What happened to the land of the free

Im sorry if ive offended anyone. You've probably noticed this whole thing just pisses me right off, so I'm going to go and have a smoke to cool down

"You can stick that ****'n smokefree enviroment up ya ****'n arssssss"

Well that was a nice vent.

Search Comp PM
    smoking around people that don't should be punishable by death....and not a quick one but a slow painfull one.
    If the world ever comes to this I would gladly volunteer my time to be one of the torturers.

Search Comp PM

Hey if it's ok for Fred and Barney then ...

Search PM
    smoking around people that don't should be punishable by death....and not a quick one but a slow painfull one.
    If the world ever comes to this I would gladly volunteer my time to be one of the torturers.
    so what you're saying should apply to anyone driving a car, or having an open fire or even a gas heater.

You'd better be carefull you dont fart around someone who dosn't, there's plenty of harmful gas stuck up your arse

15. People who don't smoke don't want to be exposed to the toxic gases coming out of your mouth.

There is no "right" or "wrong" about it. It is basically social consensus and the consensus is that if you want to light up, you can do it privately.

So in essence, rather than...

...shouldn't have to put up with the smoky enviroment, well I say to them ****-OFF, nobody is holding a gun to your head and forcing you to work at bloody PUB, you have the choice to work their or not.
    ... the non-smokers are saying "****-OFF" right back at you. You do have a choice. If you want to both drink and smoke at the same time, then do so at home.

Sorry, but I get pissed off when smokers think that they have a sense of entitlement that they have a right to make everybody else around them suffer and tolerate their second hand smoke.

Regards.
    Michael Tam
    w: Morsels of Evidence

Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by MACCA350
    so what you're saying should apply to anyone driving a car, or having an open fire or even a gas heater.
    totally not the same thing.
    When I walk down the street I don't choke because someone drives by.
    An open fire actually smells good.
    Gas heater???....you are on a subject there you obviously know nothing about.

If someone is smoking in a bar and clouding my area they deserve to die.

Don't worry though....if you are from the states it won't be long before ALL public places are non smoking....try to smoke in a bar in CA.

17. I make good bucks running Pulmonary Life Support Systems in ICU. You want to smoke? Go for it. It's the sound of Cha-Ching. Piss you off enough to quit?
    Geronimo

Search Comp PM
    I smoke but not cigarettes. I've been smoking pot more than half my life now. No worries. Drinking is tearing me up, though.
    Your miserable life is not worth the reversal of a Custer decision.

19. I smoke but not cigarettes. I've been smoking pot more than half my life now. No worries.
    You've got to be in some major denial here. A joint has more than five times the tar than tobacco has. Not to mention it's inhaled more deeply and held much longer. No worries.
    Geronimo

Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Redd
    I smoke but not cigarettes. I've been smoking pot more than half my life now. No worries.
    You've got to be in some major denial here. A joint has more than five times the tar than tobacco has. Not to mention it's inhaled more deeply and held much longer. No worries.
    I really don't get stoned that often. Maybe every other day now. Tobacco has always been so harsh and dry compared to pot. Everybody's gonna have their own opinions, though. I can stop smoking pot for quite awhile but cigarette smokers have to curse the heavens above to get a break.

More than half my life has been in denial? I beg your pardon? And tar isn't what kills you. {cough, cough}
    Your miserable life is not worth the reversal of a Custer decision.

Search PM
    Let me clarify a couple of things:

1) I dont have a problem with non-smokers (I am the only smoker in my family)
    2) I have 3 children and I dont smoke in my own house during the time they are awake, at night when they are in bed I smoke in the lounge room which is seperated from their rooms by two doors and a hallway. My wife has no problem with me smoking around her, If she did I'd smoke outside
    3) I actually agree with banning smoking in shopping centers, the food industry, and many other public places
    4) I think that there should be some smoke-free pubs

Now what I do object to is the fact that every last acceptible smoking public place has been stripped from smokers. IMO they should have made say 50% or so of pubs in each suburb smoke-free, not a complete ban

When I walk down the street I don't choke because someone drives by.
    Stick you face near the exhaust and I'm sure you'll choke. Why is it that vehicles are one of the major polluters in the world on a world wide scale?

An open fire actually smells good.
    Too you, but it may be offensive to others

Gas heater???....you are on a subject there you obviously know nothing about.
    Maybe, but I did see recently on the news they have found that gas heaters used in an enclosed area actually reduce the amount of Oxygen and increase the amount nitrogen(something like that) in the air which causes drousiness and in extreame cases lead to death. The body that regulates gas appliances were looking at enforcing gas heaters that have access to outside air to reduce the risk of this happening

These are just my opinoins no offence intended

22. Originally Posted by MACCA350
    Now what I do object to is the fact that every last acceptible smoking public place has been stripped from smokers. IMO they should have made say 50% or so of pubs in each suburb smoke-free, not a complete ban
    What does that tell you about public opinion... ???

Cigarette smoking is not really an acceptable practice in a public place (confined) anymore.

Regards.
    Michael Tam
    w: Morsels of Evidence

23. I smoke about three cigs a day, sometimes more.

How come it is socially acceptable for non-smokers to lecture smokers on the hazards of smoking? Non-smokers say, how could you be doing that you are killing yourself, ewwwww. Smokers reply, oh well you know I am trying to quit, I just can't or whatever excuse we give. Back in the day we used to be able to tell that person to f-off.

Why can't society as a whole ostresize fat people like they ostersize smokers? When that fat bitch goes for her third full plate at the all you can eat buffet, it should be okay to tell that person. "How can you do that you are killing yourself, you are clogging up your arteries", and then make gagging noises. Enact fat people laws. Sign reads if you weigh over 200lbs, you can't go large on any value meal. If you are overwieght you can only order from the Overweight menu, which includes only healthy and small portions. If you are overweight and you buy anything deemed "unhealthy" you get charged a fat tax. If anybody in your party at a restaurant is overweight, you have to sit in a fat section.

Laws like that would be absurd right.. Well they do the same crap to smokers.

Search Comp PM
    I hate how non-smokers want to ban cigarettes from pubs.

What's next, no alcohol? The pub with no beer?

You don't like the bloke next to you blowing smoke in your face, well MOVE AWAY! LEAVE!

Just like freaks who want swear words & nudity & gore removed from fictional movies.

25. In New York they past the no smoking in the bars.
    But if you can prove you lost something like 20-30% of your business from this law, then you get something like a smoking allowed certificate or something like that.

I thought it was a good idea. It's nice to come home from certain bars and not have your jacket, clothes and hair smell like a smoke fest.
    And if I want a cigar, I'll head over to the bars that allow smoking.

Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by BSR
    In New York they past the no smoking in the bars.
    But if you can prove you lost something like 20-30% of your business from this law, then you get something like a smoking allowed certificate or something like that.

I thought it was a good idea. It's nice to come home from certain bars and not have your jacket, clothes and hair smell like a smoke fest.
    And if I want a cigar, I'll head over to the bars that allow smoking.
    Look, I'd like to be able to watch my TV (which I bought with hard-earned cash) WITHOUT putting up with childish advertising, American-jewish sitcoms, televangelist bullshit, news reports that only state half the facts (if that), Oprah, "reality TV", etc etc... in general, the ENTIRE SCHIZO CRAP that has corrupted the entire Western world and DESTROYED Western culture & the creative imagination.

But do I complain? No.

I just pop in a DVD instead! :P

The same thing goes with this entire smoking argument. ESPECIALLY when it comes to the issue of smoking in pubs.

Smoking is NOT the problem. Tobacco is NOT the problem.

You wanna know what the PROBLEM is??? It's the fact that the government puts toxic chemicals into cigarettes that kill you. Why do they do that?

27. Poor analogy, Rat-poison (wolverine) is frequently prescribed to people with pacemakers. My father-in law takes it every day.
    Actually it's Warfarin which is generic Coumadin (Blood Thinner).
    Which is used in Rat Poison.

Pacemakers, Atrial Fibrillation, mechanical heart valves. It's used to prevent clotting thereby preventing Strokes.
    Geronimo

Search Comp PM
    Had tobacco/nicotine and alcohol been intruduced as new substances in the market today, they would have been made illegal and classed as narcotics at once. Just beacuse we've used those substances for "aeons", and they are now backed by a real heavy wight industry (MPAA/RIAA is nothing!), doesn't make 'em any less fatal.

/Mats

29. Master of Time & Space Capmaster's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by mats.hogberg
    Had tobacco/nicotine and alcohol been intruduced as new substances in the market today, they would have been made illegal and classed as narcotics at once. Just beacuse we've used those substances for "aeons", and they are now backed by a real heavy wight industry (MPAA/RIAA is nothing!), doesn't make 'em any less fatal.

/Mats
    Also true of fossil fuel as an energy source. Let's ban that. Indoors, anyways. Exhaust fumes can be a killer in the living room.

30. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I smoke like a freight train on a mountianside

I know it may kill me if construction work or idiot drivers don't

If you are near me and it offends you, ask me politely and I will toss it or walk away from you. Get stupid with me and I will grind it out on your forehead (been there done that)(turns out after the fact the idiot that got stupid with me was a smoker trying to impress his freinds)

Nicotine is a powerful drug. There is no doubt in my mind that mankind would be better off if it where banned from production and use. It is a serious addiction and has serious health effects. I am an addict not a conosuier.
    IS IT SUPPOSED TO SMOKE LIKE THAT?