VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3
Thread
  1. Hi Guys, does anyone know if the firewire port on the DVRHD04 can be feed from a computer (not a camera)?

Thanks,

iojan
    Quote Quote  
  2. The firewire ports accepts DV input only.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by iojan
    Hi Guys, does anyone know if the firewire port on the DVRHD04 can be feed from a computer (not a camera)?

Thanks,

iojan
    Correct me if I am wrong, non of the existing DVD recorder has the DV input will record files from PC. DVD recorder is still at its premature stage of development, the 1st DVD recorder that can accept computer file recording will make a fortune.
    Sam Ontario
    Quote Quote  
  4. Wonder if you can "Filter" the bitstream to "inform" the recorder its ok?
    Quote Quote  
  5. So we need sort of a "DV Camera Output Emulator" software! Anyone?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I actually heard of someone using a DV camera as a "bridge" between the PC and their dvd recorder.
    Quote Quote  
  7. You probably will NEVER see a DVD recorder take PC input over firewire. Thank the RIAA and MPAA.

Now, software that can output a DV signal from the PC would be the ticket
    Quote Quote  
  8. I not sure but proabbly a pro deck can and not sure but may have read about some of the high end Pioneer or Panasonic may....
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    My memory is a little spotty, but I believe I saw on the AVSForums a user who had gotten output from his PC to his JVC DVD recorder via firewire (don't remember the model but I think it was the non-hard drive one) by using the print to tape of either Premiere or Vegas.

He may have had his camcorder connected to the PC as the same time to trick the recorder into thinking it was getting the output from it instead of the PC. As I said my memory is spotty but I'm pretty sure I read this there and also some had done something similar with their Pioneer recorder. YMMV
    Quote Quote  
  10. I have been experimenting with the DVRHD04 unit for the last 1 week. My test is to use an old VHS home video that contains good to poor video and sound with echo (it's taped in a hall), and video breaks. The tape is about 3.5 hours long. During the 2.5 hour mark, the recorded program starts introducing lot of echo. Each work can echo upto 1-2 seconds making sound totally useless. The tape does not have this kind of issue. Also there is no video break at the point when the echo gets introduced. I tried updating the firmware to 1191 (came with 1185). My unit is October 2004 build. I have contacted Ilo support and waiting for their second/third level support. I tried recording on both the hard drive and the included dvd+r.
    Anyone have similar issues?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    foruriionly;

I haven't had this problem yet. My recordings thus far have been slightly over 1 hour with no problems. I do know that if you monitor the input on a tv, the recorder itself has a slight lag from input to output that sounds like an echo, but I haven't observed an echo in any recordings.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!