VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi bubajunk, to answer your question:

"Are you positive that you can capture and convert analog video to digital through a Sony Camcorder? "

I have tried to use my Sony digital 8 as the analog to DV converter and it did not work at first, then I look thru the manual. There is one setting that need to be enabled (DV OUT) before the unit can be used as analog to DV converter.

Quote Quote  
  2. <TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
    On 2001-07-02 11:05:56, ktnwin wrote:
    Hi bubajunk, to answer your question:

"Are you positive that you can capture and convert analog video to digital through a Sony Camcorder? "

I have tried to use my Sony digital 8 as the analog to DV converter and it did not work at first, then I look thru the manual. There is one setting that need to be enabled (DV OUT) before the unit can be used as analog to DV converter.

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR></TABLE>

I Just thought I would add that you have to make sure that the sony you want can do this. Not all of sony's camcorders have the analog to digital function. Some of the panasonics also have this feature.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Oh yes, I will try this great feature and update this post. It would help to avoid the recording step (TIME SAVING).

Quote Quote