VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 34
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Add me to the list, I just ordered from jlwsales as well. Be adding some input so we can all benefit from each other. Thanks fro this amazing post guys.
    Happy Thanksgiving.
    Billy
    Quote Quote  
  2. add me to the list as a very satisfied customer of this system,purchased two weeks ago recieved 3 days later been using for 3 days without any problems
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yeap me too.

Received it yesteday. Nice packaging.
    I did not have time to install it (tonigth) but I have remarked air bubbles inside the tubing.
    I will try removing the air by printing purge test.

@kenowell
    Have you remove the cover?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I got mine a couple of weeks ago but haven't installed it yet, still trying to used up the inks from the origical cartridges. I noticed air bubbles on the tubes too, if I raised the ink tanks higher than the cartridges, inks flow into the empty spaces. I'll be doing that before I install the unit.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by RickTheRed
    Yeap me too.

Received it yesteday. Nice packaging.
    I did not have time to install it (tonigth) but I have remarked air bubbles inside the tubing.
    I will try removing the air by printing purge test.

@kenowell
    Have you remove the cover?
    I had the bubbles too. Don't worry they will be gone a soon after you install the carts and the printer charges.
    Quote Quote  
  6. yes i removed the cover just take the scres out on each side of the cover takes 30 secs,,didnt have to purge just installed the carts and started printing once the printer set up
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    man I am sooooo excited about this, can't wait until I get it. JLW is very quick to respond, his english is hard to figure but he is in Hong Hong so I understand. He seems eager to satisfy. And that is what makes me want to do biz with him. I will let you guys know what I find. If all goes well he has a customer with me. it cost me $120.00 to get the NON pigment ink, but if this goes right I WILL get the real deal ink.. any feedback on the ink you guys got?
    TIA
    Billy
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @madvideos - I think by "real deal ink", you mean pigment ink. I haven't had any experience with it myself, but from reading other posts I think it requires some kind of clear coat. Other printer that offer pigment ink like the epson r800 have a separate cartridge that applies the coating over the print.
    Originally Posted by RickTheRed
    I've read somewhere that even if pigmented inks are waterproof and probably UV proof, the overall prints does not look as sharp as dye based ink without a clear coating. Some printer has a clear coating included in the printer, some don't. If this is true, I would not recommend the use of pigmented ink with this printer.
    As far as the ink that comes with goes, it looks pretty good. I printed a color chart with the epson inks before I installed it and compared it to one printed with the JLW ink. They were not identical, but very close. I didn't have to any photos to compare, but I doubt you would notice any difference if they weren't side by side. I use Prodisc 4x DVD-R and some cheap JetPrint Heavyweight Matte Photo paper ($9.97 for 100 at wal-mart) for case inserts. Everything looks good so far. The discs don't seem to require a long dry time. I take them right off the printer and put them in the burner with no problems. Just don't get the discs wet.... they are definately not water proof. Most of the ink will just run right off if you put it under running water.

BTW - I ordered it on a Friday afternoon. It shipped from Hong Kong on Monday. Arrived in Florida on Thursday. Wish everything I ordered came that quick!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Here are some pics of how I have the tubing routed. The placement of the clip on the tubes prevents them from being pinched when the cover is closed. I used the spine of a dvd case for the cross support. It is just hot glued in place. The tubing is held to the cross support with double sided tape.

Quote Quote  
  10. Tony, nice routing setup. Will install the same. Thanks for all pic.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah man, thanks for the info, I print on DVD's, the prodiscS03 Silver Inkjet printables. JLW told me the pigment inks were best and even offered it less than sells on e-bay, I am going to try the die set first. Soon as get my kit I will try your setup Locky.. thanks from me also. I have an idea, I want to try it on my r200 before I suggest it.
    Keeping this thread on lockdown.. lol...
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    lockdown means.. watched. Thanks to all who are involved in this. I am gonna save HUGE $$$$ I have bought from megatoners.com and I am tired of replacing all 6 carts everyday.. I need a better way.. thanks to this site and you guys help I found it.
    THANKS!!!!!
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by tonyiws
    Here are some pics of how I have the tubing routed. The placement of the clip on the tubes prevents them from being pinched when the cover is closed. I used the spine of a dvd case for the cross support. It is just hot glued in place. The tubing is held to the cross support with double sided tape.

I originally had mine setup the same way. The problem was that when printing dvds/cds the printer moves so fast that sometimes the tubing would get caught on the cartridge for some reason. It would also cause the tubing to go up and hit the cover, causing it to pop up sometimes.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Has anyone noticed any difference in the print quality when printing photos?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by dmagic1
    I originally had mine setup the same way. The problem was that when printing dvds/cds the printer moves so fast that sometimes the tubing would get caught on the cartridge for some reason. It would also cause the tubing to go up and hit the cover, causing it to pop up sometimes.
    On which side of the cross support was it getting caught? The way I have it setup, the tubing is pulled tight between the side of the printer and the cross support. It doesn't droop down and touch the print head. When the print head moves all the way to the left, there isn't much extra tubing to go up and hit the cover. Because the tubing is attached to the cross support everything seems to stay in place nicely. I have only printed about 10 discs with it setup this way. I'll let everyone know if I have any problems.
    Quote Quote  
  16. I think I am gonna give the pigment one a whirl.. its only 165 and crap thats basically only 2 refills with oem carts..

Is everyone still happy with this setup before I give it a go?
    Quote Quote  
  17. I think you'll be very happy with it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Whats the quality differences between dye and pigment?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Pigment = fade, UV and water resistant.
    Dye = none of the above
    In reality, the difference is not big. The dye ink photos or DVD or whatever will keep the road. Nothing will fade if stored properly. This is for picture that you put on the wall unprotected by a glass or something. Maybe in 20 years you will see a bit of fading. Who cares? In 20 years, you will laugh at your r200 printer. I'm sure you will be happy to print another one with your 24 color cartridges printer. :P

@chunkT: I really do not know but I would make sure somebody else has tried pigment ink with this printer. Maybe it will not go right.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have been reading this tthread with interest, mostly due to the cis system and lowered ink cost.

Bit the bullet yesterday and bout the R200, then went to a computer swapmeet today and bout 100 witefaced printable bland dvd.

While there I found a vender selling what "looked like" the system posted about here. Local vender $100, she did not have any left except the demo one she was using with a R320.

Tried to read the box for some id/mfg or whatever to see if it was in fact the same kit. Saw nothin on the box to identify where made or anything.

Could one of you who can post the pictures post a pic of the box it was shipped in. If I can pick it up local ( El Monte, Ca. USA) and save the $25 shipping all the better IF it is the same unit. Thanks

edit
    here is link to vendors website that has a pic of box
    http://www.mslusa.com/reinkst.html
    site does not privide shipping cost prior to personal information is given, but for me local pickup is doeable.
    end edit
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by chunkT
    I think I am gonna give the pigment one a whirl.. its only 165 and crap thats basically only 2 refills with oem carts..

Is everyone still happy with this setup before I give it a go?
    You know, I've been thinking along the same lines, it would be handy to have water/u.v resistant inks for other projects too. I expect it will involve creating a custom color profile to adjust for the different color tone and gamut of the pigmented ink. With all the spare printers you have chunkT you're probably in the best position to take a run at this idea.

If it works for you, I'm right behind you; I have an R200 new in the box waiting for the CISS to go with... (Mighty brave of me to volunteer to go 2nd
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @sanfu99: Mine came in a plain white box that had a small b+w label on it the said something like "HSI R210/R310." The ink bottles look slightly different also. I saw another site selling one like the one pictured in your link for much more than $100.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    tonyiws, thanks for the response.

they look the same except for shape of bottles like you note, description on box reads like that on the e-bay site.

Thought if I could deal with a local vender & save shipping I would do that, but for $25 more I think I will go with what has been reported as a good working system
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    snafu
    Same as tonyiws.
    Plain white box with the same small sticker.
    Your kit is all around ebay with different prices and different vendors. The JLW kit seems to be sold only by JLW. I have not seen a similar kit sold by someone else.

Originally Posted by Umbearto
    Mighty brave of me to volunteer to go 2nd
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Mine should be here in a day or two.. I will take a pic of the box and entire setup phase. Hold tight.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I will also follow tonyiws tubing , maybe try to drill holes for the tubes, we shall see. I will try to give as much as I can on this. I may even shoot video of my setup phase and post on my site and link here. We shall see.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have finally found the time to install the kit yesterday.
    Pretty easy to install.
    There was alot of bubbles in some lines. I had to send the "clean head" command twice and bingo, no more bubbles. The nozzle check showed one missing little line in the magenta, so I did another "clean head" and I was ready to print.

The real test is photo, not dvd or covers.
    I printed two photos on Epson premium glossy paper (btw, I recommend this paper, it has a professional finish and the price is not bad, compared to Canon, per example).
    The results? Compared to the exact same photos printed with genuine inks, I would say that the colors are very good and more importantly: there is no color shift/cast. I have noticed a slight difference in brightness, but nothing to worry about.
    I am a happy printer camper. (for now)

Anyone has tried the "special offer" calibration profile stuff?
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Here are the pics of the package, very neat and nicely packaged I must say!!

[/img]
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I will make a video in a day or two showing how to install and do some other tests and show you guys. This guys ships FAST and the package is very well protected and neat!!

a++ in my book!!
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search Comp PM

Quote Quote