VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 34
1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Hey,

I just got my Epson R200 CIS that I purchased from JLWsales on ebay. Here's the item: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1246&item=6715254664&rd=1
    I was hesitant to buy from it since it was from Hong Kong, the seller was relatively new, and I've heard some horror stories about cheap CIS kits. But I ran out of ink and the item was cheap, the seller was accumulating some good feedback, and the description lured me.

JLWsales store: http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZjlwsales

Pros: The item came really fast, from Hong Kong to CA in 4 days, it was packed really well.

The item looks professionally made. The ink bottles look sturdy and well built, not like some other systems out there that just have a plain old generic plastic bottle. The install was fast and easy. Theres no chip resetters required. Ink tanks have been filled so you don't need to manually fill ink tanks or fill ink into the cartridge the first time. I read the english instructions, and carefully did it the first time in 10 minutes.

The printouts look excellent. I've just tried using it on some Prodisc DVD inkjet printables and it looks identical to OEM.

This item rocks both in quality and in price. It worked better than I ever expected because I just paid 99.50 + 25 shipping and it comes with 6 filled 100ml ink tanks as well, and many other CIS sets out there cost 200 or more not including ink.

Cons: The double sided tape included doesn't hold super well. The tubes may get lose and get in the way of the ink cartridge pack in the middle of printing, which will cause a jam. I've had this happened, but I solved it by using 2 small pieces of duct tape to tape down the tubes.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

I also bought the R200 and is considering this CIS system. Can you give me more details about the product since you made the review? Have you had any problem since then, the quality of the ink the same as epson? Any problems encountered? Any additional information will be highly appreciated as I'm thinking of buying the same system. At first I was thinking of buying from another seller, which included cartridges which can be refilled and inks good for 12 refills but the price is about $100 so this would be a better alternative.

thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  3. I bought this system an got it delivered to New York in 3 days. Seems great so far. Quality of the product and the results are super. Install is simple. The ink tank was the reason I opted to buy this system after looking at others available. Two chamber ink tank prefilled. The tank has air vents to remove any air in the tubing lines. Works great so far. I thought the double sided tape was weak from the start so I bought some 3M Super Strength Mounting Tape to replace what it came with. Followed directions and used alcohol to clean contacts. Awesome so far. If you are even thinking of buying it, buy it you will be glad. I knew it came with 100ml of each color (equal to 10 cartridges) but was surprised at how much ink that is. The JLW sales on ebay also sells ink refill for $45 delivered. Don't know when I might need that, but I will say printing color DVD's, photos or whatever color is fun now that it is cheap. Can upload some photos if interested.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

Thanks for the pictures and the very detailed info, it seems to be a very good product. I think I'll be ordering one pretty soon. I want to be able to print as many pictures and cd as I can without having to worry about the cost of ink, I guess this system can do that. I also don't want to refill every time a cartridge runs out of ink.

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Very tempted to get this. How much are the refills and can we only get it from this supplier? Does the print cover close like the orignial or is there a gap due to the plastic tubings?

How easy is it to refill (just open the top and pour the ink)?
    WinXP SP1, Epson R200 and Pioneer A107
    Quote Quote  
  6. Very interesting,...... hmm
    Quote Quote  
  7. From his ebay ad:

Doesn't require you "PUMP the ink" to get it work.
    What does that mean? I thought you said it was already filled and ready to go.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Just bought the system from JLW, and don't know how to remove the original cover (hold ink cartridge) ? please help. Mine is R200.

thanks
    Quote Quote  
  9. 1.Remove the original carts.
    2.Remove the two screws on each side of the cover.(Be very careful not to let the screws fall in the printer).
    3.Remove the S-like shaped clip on the left side of the cover.
    4.The cover should lift right up.

I too bought this great system.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I've noticed that JLWsales now has a pigment based ink system. It's quite a bit more though, $165. Anyone try this one yet?

For those with the dye based system, have you seen any fading of the pictures? Do photos print just as vivid as with Epson carts? Any differences at all, better or worse?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'm expecting mine on Tuesday.

I have printed photos with original carts and I will compare with the new kit.
    I've read somewhere that even if pigmented inks are waterproof and probably UV proof, the overall prints does not look as sharp as dye based ink without a clear coating. Some printer has a clear coating included in the printer, some don't. If this is true, I would not recommend the use of pigmented ink with this printer.

Can't wait to receive this kit :P
    Quote Quote  
  12. Thanks dmagic1, I know a friend who still keep the original ink cover ( for R200) and it works fine ? he said the ink cartrigde won't seat tied w/o ink cover ?

thanks
    Quote Quote  
  13. Here is my install shots. Right now I have electrical tape on it. I will be using something stronger once I'm sure I like the spot.

Quote Quote  
  14. Thanks dmagic1 for great help. Jus got replied mail from JLW regarding ink cover for R200:

Dear,

No, you don’t need to remove the cover, please let me know if you have any question, thanks.

JLW

Any idieas ?

thanks
    Quote Quote  
  15. I don't see how he could say that. You cant close the thing down with the tubes in the way.
    Even the included Japanese instructions show the removal of the ink cover but the shorter English instructions doesn't mention it.
    Quote Quote  
  16. @bugande

What camera did you take that with? I was just wondering.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I am not trying to hijack your thread Huy72983, but I was just wondering if anyone has used JLWsales Epson 900 CIS kit. It should pretty much work the same, right?
    Originally Posted by lordsmurf
    Nobody likes a bunch of yackity-yack.
    Quote Quote  
  18. dmagic1, attached is image of system installed without remove ink cover from Tony whos of our member

Quote Quote  
  19. Cant see your picture.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Sorry I don't know how to upload the image, here 1 more try
    Quote Quote  
  21. Hmm, I personally don't like how the cover sits on the tubes.
    Quote Quote  
  22. He claimed it work. I'll try w/o remove cover if does not work then go with your way. Again thank a bunch for your help.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Locky,

What is the big deal removing the cover?
    Is there a reason to keep it there?
    Quote Quote  
  24. Yes, without the cover some how the cartrigdes are too loose, chips don't make a good contact (printer did not regconize the cartrigde) in my case.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just curious...

Once you install the CIS kit, can you remove it and put back the original EPSON inks.

Why I ask, is that I have the extended warranty for this R200 from Fry's Electronics. Now and then the plastic of that CD-tray that feeds into the printer gets damaged or so used up that it gives me some weird noise such that I have to exchange the whole printer again.

Thank you for your response.
    WinXP SP1, Epson R200 and Pioneer A107
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi all... I'm the guy that locky has been talking about that left the cover on. Actually I took it off first, then decided to put it back on because I was concerned that with nothing holding that end of the carts down the chips would not make good contact. I did not try to use it without the cover, so I can't say it was actually a problem. It is a pain trying to get all the carts threaded through the hole in the cover tho...

As far as pinching the tubes is concerned... I have not had a problem with it. I have been using it heavily for two days so far. The ink levels in the bottles are dropping as expected.

The only thing you have to do to get it to work this way is reposistion where the tubes are attached to the black cart so the cover will close.

As a side note... I did have a problem with one of the chips. The printer said it was not "recognized" and refused to print. I think it must just be a bad chip. All the other chips seem to be working fine so far. Since I didn't have a chip resetter, I had to go buy a new cart just to be able to print. I have been in contact with JLW and they say they will send a new chip. In the meantime, I have been using SSC service software. The auto ink freezer does not work for the R200, but so far the manual ink freezer seems to work.

Does anyone know if the chips on the oem carts are interchangable? When I first had the problem with the chip, I took the one off the old cart. This worked fo a while, but since it only had 2% left, it was reading empty soon. Then I took a chip off a different color and tried it, but I got the same not "recognized" error that I got with the bad chip.

gee69 - Yes, you can remove the cis system and put everything back like it came.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Should I worry about evaporation? The bottles seem to be designed very well, but I don't think much thought went into the vent system. I saw another system with 4 inch long tubes on the vents. They claimed that the tubes prevented evaportaion... Any ideas?
    Quote Quote  
  28. Hi tony welcome to the forum, did you try as JLW suggested unplug the printer while it's idle ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    locky- Yes, I tried that. That didn't work either. I think he said to unplug it to reset the ink level. I was never able to get it to print with that chip in it. The other 5 chips seem to be working as described. Either way, I'm still happy with the system. I'm printing now and a new chip is on the way.
    Quote Quote