VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Page 7 of 7
FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
Thread
  1. have used them in the past. most of the time they are VERY slow; took 8 days to receive a rental one time. they are offering me a rate of $12.95/mo to sign up (I used the trial) but no thanks.

2. well I have tried walmart, blockbuster, dvdbarn and now netflix. Walmart started off doing good, but then slowed down, so I quit, blockbuster started off marginal and stayed there, dvdbarn started off horrible and is still there, I joined on the 15th of November, they didn't send the first movies until the 19th, I received them on the 22nd, watched and sent back the 23rd........... they still have not received (Dec 8th) them according to them and even with several complaints to them, nothing has been done. I am not with Netflix since monday, the 6th, they send my first 3 movies on the actually day I joined, holy crap!!! and I received them the next day. So far this is working out.

3. I just rent off my Direct TV box & it lets me Tivo it then i watch when i want $4 a movie but what the hell i dont got to play postman.
    What i dont get is why DTV is not just stomping all these guys with price hell they could sell for $2 & kill.
    "Man who walk through airport turnstile backwards
    going to Bangkok."

4. Originally Posted by ForeighFilmlover
    Hey All,
    I have 1 suggestion, go to www.netflix.com and read the first line of the benefits, It clearly states:

Rent all the DVDs you want for $17.99 a month — NO LATE FEES!

• Over 25,000 Titles - Classics to New Releases.
    • Free Shipping Both Ways.
    • No Driving. No Lines. No Hassles.
    • Always have up to 3 DVDs at home.
    • No Commitments. Cancel Anytime.

Did you notice " Rent all the DVDs you want for $17.99 a month — NO LATE FEES! " did you also notice, it is written in a bigger font than the other benefits. All we are asking, is for them to honor what they advertise ALL THE DVD"S YOU WANT
    BAM
    Bottom line...Rent all you want!!!
    I've sent off a couple emails to Netflix about delays. They always want to blame the Post Office. I've talked to the Postmaster and a friend that works for my local PO. They assure me that "if" Netflix ships on the day they calim and ships before the pick-up time (usually around 4:30 or so} that I will receive the next day. If I dont it is not the USPS's fault.
    I live a few miles from the distribution center and certainly am in the one day delivery. During my "trial" period one day to receive and one day to return. Not a single exception. After the trial things started to slow up a little. I have noticed that "concerts" take an extra day or two and the second email reply stated that the local distribution center probably did not stock those and had to be sent from another. OK. No problem, understood.

Does Netflix delay or send out after PO pick up? Yes, sometimes.
    Do I think Netflix delays receiving some of my returns. Certainly.
    Can I get access to the Foreign Films I desire anywhere else? Have not found anywhere better yet. Will I stay with Netflix for awhile longer and suffer through the aggrevation of some delays? Yes for now.
    I'm in the 5-out, $29.99 a month plan and expect to receive all the DVD's I want just as the agreement states above.
    I told Netflix to change the sign-up agreement if they had a problem with the amount rented. That's so simple.

What is funny is Wal-Mart states upfront to expect a "6" day delivery and "6" day return time. To me that adds up to 3 movies every 2 weeks. I don't think so...where they ship from, the moon?
    I'll stick with Netflix for now, especially since no BB in my area. I do look forward to the Amazon roll out. (if it happens)
    btw...the Postmaster told me they were under severe scrutiny to improve on time deliveries and they had improved a lot and expect to get even better.

5. I am a high volume renter. I resent the fact that some assume we copy the movies. I'm not saying there aren't people who do it, but to assume that's the only reason for qucik turnaround is just plain rude. There are actually those of us who don't break the law. I work from home and watch the movies while I work. I am also not the only one in the house who uses Netflix. To be honest, as a high volume renter I am not sitting around doing nothing but watching movies. Before the delays I got movies three days a week, that leaves four movie free days. I used to get movies on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. I get my mail very early in the morning so we can watch them and send them back the same day.

There has been a definite delay. In the beginnig it was an occasional movie, which I understood, because they have a low volume on some movies and they have to come from a different distribution center. Three months ago it started with a delay of two - three movies being put off to ship until Tuesday. When they would get the Monday movies back at least two to three from that order was delayed shipping. If you delay shipping until Thursday it shorts me a whole day of that week that I'm not getting movies on that I used to, because movies that ship Thursday won't get here until Friday. Which means I can't send them back and have them ship another order because they don't work on Saturdays. This was not a postal delay, this is based on when they said my movies would ship in my queue. I e-mailed and called and they insist they're not doing it deliberately, that's bull. I get a different excuse for the delay from different people. Here's some of the excuses I get. "You have old movies in your Queue and we don't have as many of those so they have to come from different distribution centers." You have new movies in your queue and there's a high demand for those, if your closest distribution center is out, we have to ship them from one farther away." "You episodic disc in your queue." No further explanation on that one. Doesn't that pretty much cover all the movies they offer. I alwya have it staggered so that there is a combination of the three to ship out every shipping. They even stepped it up. They started delaying just one of Mondays, which I would get on Tuesday and send back and then all of the movies would be delayed to ship until Thursday. I now get less then half the number of movies I used to. Oddly enough, the shipping always improves the week before my monthly renewal. Next week is my renewal time again and once again the delays have disappeared. But, my queue still has the same kinds of movies that it's had all along.

I split the cost of Netflix with others in my home and we will be reducing the plan we have. We joined Netflix because there was a huge amount of old movies and tv shows that we wanted to see. There are also a lot of new releases, but if I'm going to have to wait a few months for those, I might as well stick with my local video store. I thought joining Netflix I wouldn't have to wait forever. There are dvds in my lists now that i've been waiting a long time for. There is one that I've been waiting several months for and it still says very long wait.

It's ridiculous to ask people for some sort of written proof that this is happening. If it existed and were available to customers there would be lawsuits against Netflix. I think people experiencing know it's happening. I also agree that you'd think they'd appreciate high volume renters. I'm sure it's a small percentage, but if we return movies quickly it will reduce the number of people who get tired of waiting for movies.

We did try other online rental companies when Netflix's price went up. BB and Wal mart were slower, but with Netflix's current slow down it actually puts them at the same speed. Mentura is great speed wise, but unfortunately their selection sucks. I thought with their friendly family theme they would have a larger selection of old movies. Their selection of new movies isn't great either. DVDbarn was a nightmare. They did not do a single one of the things they claim they do to pull in customers. My first dvds did not go out in 24-48 hours, the first two didn't go out for three days and the third one didn't ship for seven days. It did not take the estimated two days to get my movies, it took ten. It was six days from the time I mailed them back before they listed them as received. They skipped over thirty movies in my queue just to get these three. There were many other problems. Customer service sucked. I had to go to the BBB to get their phone number. I called them directly and demanded my money back and got it. Stay away from DVDbarn.

Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by westlaw
    HIP HIP HORRAY!

I know so many people who have canceled their Netflix subscriptions and have joined other DVD rental programs.

Even my grandmother reports that she's been unable to rent more than 10 DVDs per month, on her 3 out program, in the last few months -- and she lives less than 3 miles from the Nertflix San Jose Fullfiment Center!
    First off let me start by saying that no matter how many people you know who have cancelled I doubt they represent more than a thousandth of one percent of Netflix's customer base.

Secondly, I am on the 5 out plan and I receive 50 movies a month no problem. I had problems with delayed shipments for a while and then realized it was because I was ordering obscure movies some of which were out of print.

Third, I completely agree with lordsmurf about monopolization. I am a NASD, and SEC licensed broker, economist, and financial analyst. Wal-Mart is currently the largest general retailer in the WORLD!! Their sales last year reached almost $300,000,000.00, yes thats billion. The Sam Walton corporation makes no bones about publicly discussing their plans to push small retailers in all lines of products worldwide out of business as rapidly as possible. Even without speaking on the subject it is obvious when they open a 100,000 sq. ft. supercenter in a town of 400 people. They also claim that by 2010 they will reach the $500,000,000.00 a year mark in retail sales and a trillion by 2015. The Sam Walton corporation also freely admits to providing substandard retirement and health care benefits to their underpaid and in some cases illegal immigrant employees. When confronted about this in a CNN interview they stated that Sam Walton believed it was the responsibility of Employees to keep health care costs down and that the best way to do that was to make them pay for it ENTIRELY on their own. This scares the bejesus out of me. IMHO if the public is not careful about their unrealistic demands on retailers they will find that they have shafted themselves. They will end up with Microsoft like retail giants that do little or nothing to provide high quality and stable products because they have no competition, and when competition does begin to arise, will be quashed because there is no possible way to fight a marketing battle with a company as enormous as Sam Walton Inc. or Microsoft.

In closing, even only being able to rent 10 DVD's a month for roughly $18.00, I would like to know the name and the location of the retail establishment that rents NEW release DVD's for 1.80 including tax and lets you return them whenever you like.

I think it would be a great idea for all of us to stand back and realize that when you are saving 50-75% of regular pricing maybe you should consider yourself well served rather than complaining about the extra 10% discount you could have gotten if things ran smoother.

Anyway thanks for taking the time to read this and I apologize if this post seems inflamatory. I did not intend this post to incite havoc.

The real answer lies in completely understanding the question!

7. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by skebenin
    I'm sorry to hear your experiencing slow shipments, but if someone else were getting their disks quickly, what would that prove? If Netflix were intentionally delaying shipments, wouldn't it mean that everyone's shipments are delayed?

I've been getting my disks in a day or two. Netflix checks them in the day after I mail them. I haven't had any delays lately, intentional or otherwise.
    That's the problem with this "conspiracy theory". The theorists have provided NO possible explanation for why THEIR movies are delayed but yours and mine aren't. I, too, would love to know how it is that Netflix picks out the tiny 1% of 1% to delay. My friend probably goes through 30+ movies a month and gets them overnight every time. *shrug*

8. I used to get mine overnight too. After I had been a member for six months is when the slow down started. The types of movies in our queue has not changed. I don't think you need to get rude and call people conspiracy theorists. The proof is in the fact that it has slowed down greatly for some of us. No matter how small the percentage. What may seem small to us can make a significant difference to a large company.

You have to wonder where they get their information? It's all computerized. When I called to find out what was going on, the woman on the phone tried to tell me it wasn't happening intentionally and they would look into it. That was three months ago. Nothing has improved. What I did find odd was right after she tells me it's not being done on purpose, she tells me how many movies I'm averaging a month and what I'm getting each one for. Why bring that up. She also had that information at her fingertips in less than a minute. That proves they are tracking this stuff. I told her it didn't matter, they advertise all you can watch. They have to know that there are going to be movie buffs out there who are excited by the thought of being able to rent movies they and tv shows they never thought they'd be able to and go rent happy. Isn't that kind of why you can browse before you join? To amaze potential customers with what can be an overwhelming selection in order to draw you in.

I also mentioned that I had been seeing stuff online about them intentionally slowing down. I was told that people go online and say these things just like to complain and most of them are lying. I asked her to explain to me then how it seems as if I'm currently experiencing the slow down. I pointed out she had the numbers in front of her. I'm getting less than half of what I used to. I'm having more delays. Like a robot all she said was they don't do it on purpose, she'd look into it, and finally in true pass the buck fashion, she tired to blame it on the distribution center. Maybe there's something at the distribution center my movies come from and she'll look into it. That was three months ago and nothing has changed.

Personally, I don't see how anyone can explain away the fact that I experience a lot of delays, except for the week before my plan is going to renew. I haven't had a single delay this week. My plan renews on Tuesday. I think people are very closed minded to come on here and try to tell those of us who are experiencing this that we're not or that we're getting so many movies for so cheap we shouldn't complain. Don't tell us we're taking advantage. We're not. The simple fact is they advertise "All you can watch." I am only doing what they said I could. There is so much stuff I want to see and more stuff comes out every week. I watch them fast because of this. I watch them fast, because I don't like to think I might have a movie that someone else's list shows as a very long wait. If they want to put limits, then they should be up front and do it. Simple as that.

Search PM
    Gee, there's a lot of gullible people here.

"...but the plan said unlimited..."

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
    If in doubt, Google it.

10. I don't understand how it makes people gullible to expect to get what they are told they will get. I feel like some people are turning the blame on me and people like me, instead of pointing the finger at those who have done the actual lying. There are laws about truth in advertising. You're not allowed to go out and just make claims that aren't true and damn the cosequences. Many companies who have tried pulling that have ended up getting sued. That is the problem with the world today. We seem determined to turn the blame on ourselves when someone else doesn't follow through with their end of the bargain. We come up with nice little sayings like "If it's to good to be, true it probably is." After all, it's much to difficult to fight a big company so just bend over and take it because there's nothing we can do. Just give up.

People say high volume renters are taking advantage. No, we're just doing what we were told we could. What amazes me is no one seems to care that Netflix took advantage. They've paid lots of money to research how to best pull in customers. They pay people to come up with the advertising and they agree to it. Then they get pissed when people actually want what they signed up for. Instead of being angry at them, people are blaming the customer. There's something really wrong with that.

Search Comp PM
    I've said it before, I'll say it again:

"UNLIMITED" is defined based on the average, reasonable consumer. This is why it is NOT unfair marketing. Many of you are unreasonable, by this scale.

Like it or not, that is how EVERYBODY works. So do not fool yourself into thinking another rental service will coddle you. Either get a higher plan (more movies out at a time), or buy multiple services to keep pace with your unusual excesses. These services neither guarantee a MAXIMUM, nor a MINIMUM amounts of rentals. They send out once they receive your current movies. This process may take longer than you suspect, for varying reasons.

"All you can eat" could also be considered "unfair/untruthful" to unreasonable extremists. But the REASONABLE consumer understands this is unlimited for one sitting, not forever. Ever see this episode on THE SIMPSONS?

Some people just love a good conspiracy ... the truth is too easy or too boring to handle.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS

Search PM
    Originally Posted by tvjunkii666
    We come up with nice little sayings like "If it's to good to be, true it probably is."
    That's a reflection of life in general, my friend. There's more important things going on in the world than to pursue accusing Netflix of deliberately withholding rentals.

If in doubt, Google it.

13. Originally Posted by tvjunkii666
    ... it's much to difficult to fight a big company so just bend over and take it because there's nothing we can do. Just give up.
    There is something you can do. You can cancel your service and take your business elsewhere

Of course, you might want to step back, take stock, and decide if the service is a good deal. As far as I'm concerned, nine or ten disks (or more) a month for $18 is a pretty good deal.

And if it is a good deal, then what are you complainin about. If it's the principle of the thing - that they aren't living up to their marketing - I'd argue that they are. You can watch movies as fast as you can get them and return them, as many as you want.

Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by tvjunkii666
    That is the problem with the world today. We seem determined to turn the blame on ourselves when someone else doesn't follow through with their end of the bargain.

we must live in two different worlds. This is the first time I have ever heard someone say people take more responsibility than they should . The obvious problem is that not many people do take responsibility.

I don't think anyone is saying it is your fault. I do think it is ridiculous to think that Netflix is playing some kind of delay game. All we are saying is we think maybe people need to realize companies are run by humans and can not be 100% efficient 100% of the time thats all.
    The real answer lies in completely understanding the question!

15. Master of Time & Space Capmaster's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    This is a never-ending argument here.

First there was the DVD. WOW! Then DVD rental movies ...double cool 8)

Before there was a Netflix we had to go out to BB or Hastings and rent the DVD, drive it home, and watch it. We collectively whined "I wish someone would start a web-based mail rental service for DVDs.

Then web rentals started and we were delighted. Competition sprung up which drove prices down, as it always does. And we were beside ourselves, basking in the convenience that was Netflix.

Now we're whining again about how we "think" Netflix is withholding shipments to the frequent renters. We feel that 8 or 9 or 10 rentals a month for thirty bucks isn't enough. We want them FASTER ..DAMMIT!!! It's a conspiracy ...man!!!

With all due respect .....

16. As somebody pointed out earlier Netflix says as many as you can watch. For the first six months of my membership, the movies got here the day after they were shipped to me. Netflix also listed them as received and mailed movies out the same day they got them back. For the last three months of my membership they have not been mailing the dvds out the day the receive them. I understand that the occasional movie may be delayed, because of it's rarity. But three months ago the same number of movies every week were delayed on the same days every week. The first shipment of the week had one movie delayed. The second shipment had them all delayed. I do have a membership that allows me out more than three at a time. That's what makes it all the more suspicious. We're not talking two possible outs being delayed. It also doesn't matter whether it's an old or new movie. As I stated before I am not the only one who uses this account in my house.

Netflix is not the only big business that pulls this kind of stuff. To say just don't buy from them or use them is not a solution. As large companies continue to push smaller ones out of the market that attitude isn't going to work. The delays are their way of putting limits on people without coming out and saying it. They either need to come out and be up front and put those limits on for all to see or provide the as many as you can watch without hidden delays. I have come on here and I have not said anything mean or meant to belittle anyone else's feelings. I find it interesting that some choose to be so negative and rude over what is clearly a legitimate concern and experience for some.

17. So that is what it boils down to. You believe that NetFlix is intentionally delaying your shipments to limit the number of DVDs you receive. You believe there are people at NetFlix sitting in a star chamber coming up with tactics like speeding up deliveries the week before a person's billing date.

Perhaps you're right, but personally I don't believe it. It sounds entirely too paranoid to me, and I can't reconcile it with my experience.

18. I don't believe there's someone sitting a little room somewhere and doing this. It is computerized. You refer to your experience, well I'm talking about mine. I could believe it was a random thing if it hadn't been happening for the last three months. I could believe it were random if it wasn't the same number of movies on the same day every week for the last three months. That's twelve weeks. I don't blame the people in the warehouses filling the orders. I doubt they're even aware.

I've worked in a warehouse before filling orders. When we would get there in the morning pages would already be printed up of the orders we needed to pull off the shelves. I'm sure the system is even better improved since then.

Even my mother who is the most trusting person on Earth thinks it's suspicious. This is a woman who listens to salesmen and acts like their word is gospel. I've had to get her out of a lot of situations people she doesn't want to believe business would lie to her. I'm not saying they do it to everyone, but I do believe it is being done. I can't believe how closed minded some of you are to the fact that it could be happening. You say give hard proof that it is. Give me hard proof that it's not. So I guess that means if it's not happening to you and you can't see it, it can't be true. So what other stuff do you believe. Let me guess. When you go shopping the clothes look clean so you bring them home and wear them before washing. You think at the most only other people who have tried them on and employees of the store have handled them. If businesses are as honest as some of you believe we wouldn't need laws about truth in advertising. We wouldn't need laws to protect consumers.

It's not paranoid to relay your experience. Paranoid would be accusing those of being so close minded about the possibility of being connected to Netflix. I'm glad you're experience has been good. Mine was too for the first six months, but my service has drastically changed. I hope it never happens to you.

19. I don't think it's paranoid to think your shipments are slower than they used to be. That's incontrovertible.

I do think it's paranoid to think that someone has decided you personally should get disks slower than you used to. You seem to keep deflecting from that point; that you don't believe in a conspiracy, but you're getting service slower than you should; that it's not people slowing things down, but computer printouts. But you can't have it both ways. If they're slowing down your shipments on purpose, then someone had to decide. Purpose implies intent, intent implies planning, and planning means someone made the decision. And computers do what they're programmed to do, so someone had to decide that the printouts would delay your shipments.

I believe there are more reasonable explanations. I believe it's just business as usual. I have no more evidence than you do, but to me the fact that I haven't experienced any slowdowns proves that they are not delaying shipments - not for anyone. I simply cannot believe any respectable company (large enough to ensure customer anonymity) would single people out. Might they make business decisions that would result in you getting your disks slower than others? Absolutely! It'd make perfect sense to prioritize customer deliveries so people who've gotten fewer disks than you get processed first. Does that mean they're out to get you? Absolutely not! It means they're providing the best service possible for everyone - balanced service. Is this what's happening? I have no idea - none of us do - but it's an example of what I mean by a more reasonable explanations.

Believing what I believe does not make me closed minded. It just means that you haven't provided enough (or really any) evidence to change my beliefs. You're getting fewer disks than you want. That's unfortunate, but I don't believe it proves Netflix is out to screw you. I believe you're getting a good deal, and the best service possible all things considered.

Search PM
    Originally Posted by skebenin
    You're getting fewer disks than you want. That's unfortunate, but I don't believe it proves Netflix is out to screw you.
    Yep, that's about the strength of it IMO. It's one thing to say that their service has declined marginally/rapidly (or whatever the case may be), but it's another kettle of fish altogether to accuse them of intentionally & purposely doing so as a "conspiracy" and/or false advertising.
    If in doubt, Google it.

21. Master of Time & Space Capmaster's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Don't attribute the delays entirely to Netflix. The key player in how fast you receive the discs is that marvelous half-govt./half private, self-serving entity we have come to know and love as the United States Postal Service.

The service whose carriers discard mail at quitting time rather than continue and deliver it all. The service who feels that having a pulse is enough of a hiring requirement, because it's civil service.

The service that will not fire an incompetent employee unless he shows up at work with a loaded AK-47, and even then only with a majority board vote

The service whose employees out on the streets just might not show up a particular day because it happens to be Tuesday.

The service that has gotten so lazy, they no longer allow new houses to be built with individual mailboxes ....they must be cluster boxes in central locations so the carrier doesn't have to work as hard. And to make up for the drop in service, they raise the price of stamps to the current 37 cents.

Yeah ...good call ......it's Netflix's fault

22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have found that, like any service, you need to learn the way they work and respond accordingly. If you want a new release, you need to get it in your queue as soon as you know it is coming out. This has worked every time for me.
    I averaged over 50 movies a month when I used the 8 out a time plan. I am now at the 5 out at a time plan and still average 35 a month.
    This keeps my average rental fee right around a dollar each. I'm not complaining! I used to rent less and pay a whole lot more each month when I used the local retail stores - Blockbuster and Hollywood. And we all know how fun it is to walk around looking for titles at these stores, dealing with out of stocks, whiny kids, rude employees and managers, and worst of all - late fees!
    I really welcome Amazon entering the foray, but let's see if they can step up to the plate and impress me. I was disappointed in Wal-mart's version - slower service than Netflix and less selection (when I tried it.) I am currently trying Blockbuster's version and they have even slower service than Wal-mart did.
    So this being said, NEXT!
    Until someone accomplishes at least matching Netflix for service and selection, I will not have any negative comments to throw their way except this:
    WHY THE HELL DIDN'T I THINK OF IT FIRST?
    NickBurns - "It's the software that's stupid, not you... right?"

23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Capmaster
    Don't attribute the delays entirely to Netflix. The key player in how fast you receive the discs is that marvelous half-govt./half private, self-serving entity we have come to know and love as the United States Postal Service.

The service whose carriers discard mail at quitting time rather than continue and deliver it all. The service who feels that having a pulse is enough of a hiring requirement, because it's civil service.

The service that will not fire an incompetent employee unless he shows up at work with a loaded AK-47, and even then only with a majority board vote

The service whose employees out on the streets just might not show up a particular day because it happens to be Tuesday.

The service that has gotten so lazy, they no longer allow new houses to be built with individual mailboxes ....they must be cluster boxes in central locations so the carrier doesn't have to work as hard. And to make up for the drop in service, they raise the price of stamps to the current 37 cents.

Yeah ...good call ......it's Netflix's fault
    You are so wrong it isn't even funny. Our postal system is great. I worked for a mail order company that ships 30000 items a day and most get delivered on time. Things get delayed/lost sometimes but the key is that its random not a weekly event. I guess the real conspiracy is the post office trying to give netflix a bad name. Defenders since you are adamant that we shouldn't expect movies as fast as the mail system can get them out/back why shouldn't netflix provide a max number of rentals per month? Would it hurt their marketing?

24. First, let me clear up something. The slow down has nothing to do with the USPS. The delays are happening before they leave Netflix. Second, I have learned a system with Netlix. I put new releases in my queue before they are even released. I do not fill an entire shipment with older movies or with all tv. The people I share the account with have put a lot of movies in our queue in their order of preference. Every week I move titles up to the top and have them staggered so that everyone gets something and to make sure that the selection isn't limited to one of the specific types listed above. Especially since old ones can be limited. In the first six months I only had three movies delayed and they were all older movies. On the day they would get the movies back, they would ship the next ones in my queue the same day. I don't think some of you are getting what I'm saying.

Let me give you an example of what it was like for the first six months.

Monday shipment 2-3 new releases, 2-3 older movies(1950 and before), 2-3 average everyday movies(not sure what to categorize them as) and 1-2 tv shows. For a total of 8. Wednesday same thing and Friday same thing, for six months. The days they ship are the days they show as being received. The post office is still getting them her the day after they ship, that has never been a problem.

The last three months they have shipped 7 out of the 8 they receive on Monday and list the 8th one as shipping on Tuesday. Wednesday when they receive the 7 back they don't ship any. All 7 movies are listed as shipping on Thursday. But, the week before my credit card is due to be charged again the delays disappear. Of course, I think great it's back to normal and don't cancel or change the plan I'm on. But when it starts again after I've been charged, I get suspicious, but continue to give them the benefit of the doubt. But it's happened again for the third month in a row and I'm about to be charged again. Of course, I'm going to change the plan. Especially since I split the cost and one of my family is pulling out because of the delays. I'm certainly not going to make up the difference it's not worth it.

I have worked some warehouse jobs and you would be surprised at what they do.

I'd like to address the post office issue. I'm surprised people will defend Netflix and then rip the post office apart. First, there are lazy employees in just about any job. The cluster boxes have nothing to do with it. I have lived in the same town for 34 years. When we first moved here there were only 1800 people in this town. They started building 23 years ago. We now have over 30,000 people and they are still building. Yet, we still have the tiny post office of 30 years ago. It only has about ten parking spaces and no separate place to pull and drop mail in the one outdoor mailbox. Cars are often lined up in the street just to pull in to the lot. The big post office for our county has set guidelines that the post office is supposed to follow, but won't hire more employees to meet the increasing demand. Yes, they have more employees than 30 years ago, but not many. Instead of building a larger post office they added trailers to the building. The entrance is the the old building and they have attached to trailer pieces to the back. You know like in nice trailer parks that older people sometimes move to when they retire. You can see part of the back area and I'm amazed these people can move around back there. The cluster boxes are to deliver mail more quickly, because of a main office somewhere saying no to more employees. They are doing the best they can with the resources they are provided. Those cluster boxes also have to be agreed upon by the city and the people building the homes. The decision does not lie with just one group. I prefer the USPS over UPS and Fedex any day. The USPS has never left packages on my car, in the rain, tossed in my recycle bins.

The inability to fire lazy people is usually because the company has a union. I've been there. It pissed me off to work my ass off at a job and watch some lazy person screw around all day and then cry union if anyone tried to do anything.

I'm curious To know if Amazon was in some way associated with Intelliflix's buyout of DVD Barn and are now distancing themselves because it's been six months since the buyout and it is just rampant with problems. I wonder this, because it used to be when you browsed movies on DVD Barn if you clicked on a movie to read more about it there would also be a link to Amazon to buy the movie if you wanted. Those links have now disappeared. Blockbuster did the same thing. They started renting online under a different name to gauge people's interest in trying other online companies before making their entry into the market official.

25. This topic is really entertaining. I've placed a link to it in My Netflix Journal. I'm billing it as a place where Netflix customer complaints are met with broken kneecaps and busted jaws served by the goon squad AKA "skebenin" and "gurm." Oh, I found this post on Google under Netflix. Fact is, all the PR from this post gives Netflix a black eye.

Now a few comments:
    • Lordsmurf as you can see Amazon did not follow Netflix's model. (they have reputation to maintain)
    • Skebenin, you must be "Aron" from the hackingnetflix site.
    • Gurm, you must be Carl Cravens from netflix odyssey site.
    • "only_emo_kid"--I believe you sent in a complaint at my site too.
    • Skebenin's #1 response: "Sounds like that local distribution center is having problems"
    • Kimical, how can you even compare GreenCine to Blockbuster
    • Typical goon squad argument. "Don't bitch, Didn't you read the fine print? Netflix didn't promise you sh1t. But I'm a satisfied customer."
    • Mr. Moderators Bugster & Capmaster, why do you keep defending Netflix? Your letting your regular members get slapped around while the goon squad runs amuck. Leave the goon squad be though, this is hilarious
    • ForeignFilm lover: Try GreenCine if you haven't already. Although, if you live on the east coast your turnaround will be slow.
    • Tidy: Prove that you're a heavy user by forwarding me your "Full Rental Activity."--don't make any changes, just have Netflix e-mail your history and forward it to me. Otherwise, you're just another Netflix lackey paid to write BS (50/mo my eye).
    Originally Posted by Skebenin
    So that is what it boils down to. You believe that NetFlix is intentionally delaying your shipments to limit the number of DVDs you receive. You believe there are people at NetFlix sitting in a star chamber coming up with tactics...
    No star chamber just their accounting system: Netflix Turnaround Calculator

Search Comp PM
    I think this thread has run its course.
    Please take your bickering and namecalling elsewhere.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS