VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,

Is anyone here very familiar with the MPEG4 Modifier program from Moitah.net? It has been recommended by some here to use to make Xvids with non-square pixels and packed bitstreams compatible with the Philips 642 DVD player.

It basically changes custom pixel shape ratios to square pixels and packed bitstreams to unpacked. My file sizes are always smaller after conversion to square pixels or unpacked.

My question and concern is, does this affect the integrity, accuracy or quality of the original file at all? Should I shave the originals because they are more accurate or are the converted files basically identical?

Just want to know if I should back up both the originals and the converted-for-compatibility files or is this truely redundant?

Thanks for any definite answers,
    Mike
    Quote Quote  
  2. why shave the originals ? for what purpose?
    Corned beef is now made to a higher standard than at any time in history.
    The electronic components of the power part adopted a lot of Rubycons.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    In case the originals are more accurate. I will have them archived for future conversions if needed.

My question is does MPEG4 Modifier change the file in a way that takes away from the ULTIMATE quality or the original. Like I said the files are a couple of megs SMALLER after conversion. What is lost?

Mike

BTW MPEG4 Modifier does what it does wonderfully and very quickly! It is a great program if you are having issues with some XVIDs on the Phillips 642 or Yamada players.
    Quote Quote