VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a full season of stargate from my brother in law. he wants a season on one dvd. one season is 7.52g. what is the best fastest way to get that onto a 4.35g disc. I need to convert .avi to dvdr. any help would be great. I have had some experiance in this before but I need some help.
    I have tmpeng
    nero vision express
    tempeng dvd author
    and some others as well

also how do you convert a .mpg to a .mad file? . mad is the file format for the movies in nhl 2005.

You are in breach of the forum rules and are being issued with a formal warning. No warez. Commercial DVDs do not come as AVI format. This was likely downloaded illegally. And that signature exceeds the forum limit of 400x60 in both directions. Please make it smaller.
    / Moderator Capmaster

2. Each season of stargate SG-1 is 22 episodes and the episodes run ~45 minutes each after the commercials are removed.

Even at VCD resolution, you are not going to get all those episodes on one DVD-5. You're going to have to use at least 2 discs and that is using VCD resolution and bitrate. ANything less than that and I don't know how good the quality would be.

I've done the same thing before.

I encoded in TMPGENC Plus as VCD MPEG1, but used 48Khz audio. Then I used DVD-Lab Pro to create a DVD-VCD authored project, then burned with Nero 5.5.