VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5
FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by yellowjessy View Post
    I'm sorry, i just tried to be helpful...
    You were. You made hech54's day.

2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Time to close the thread with new comers postings nonsense.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.

Search Comp PM
    Just play the movie on your computer, pause the clip you want, go to Start, Accessories, and Snipping Tool.

4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Alan69 View Post
    Originally Posted by BJ_M
    Originally Posted by yoda313
    Originally Posted by scustalow
    I would like to just do a screen capture from windows media player is this possible?
    Hello,

Not sure, never used it. But if it's an unencrypted file (not dvd vob) then you could always just do alt+prnt screen in windows, then paste it into ms paint.

Kevin
    doesnt ussually work as video is played in a overlay ..
    And then click Advanced in the performance options and turn off overlays and it works fine..

Alan
    Not for me. It doesn't work at all.

5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm trying to grab frames from a video from my dash cam. AVICodec says the file is:

File : 281 MB (281 MB), duration: 0:03:01, type: DSH, 1 audio stream(s), quality: 100 %, ,
    Video : 270 MB, 12552 Kbps, 30.0 fps, 1920*1080 (16:9), NV12 = Unknown, Supported
    Audio : 11.04 MB, 512 Kbps, 32000 Hz, 1 channels, 0x1 = PCM, , , Supported

I've been using the "Video, Take Snapshot" option in VLC. Is there any way to get any better grab from it?

6. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by jnojr View Post
    I'm trying to grab frames from a video from my dash cam. AVICodec says the file is:

File : 281 MB (281 MB), duration: 0:03:01, type: DSH, 1 audio stream(s), quality: 100 %, ,
    Video : 270 MB, 12552 Kbps, 30.0 fps, 1920*1080 (16:9), NV12 = Unknown, Supported

I've been using the "Video, Take Snapshot" option in VLC. Is there any way to get any better grab from it?
    To understand "better grab" we have to first understand what's wrong with the VLC grab.

7. I find pause video and using FastStone Capture best. I presume i can mention programs here . i saw one person being told they were in breach of forum rules who mentioned a program. Apology if i have breached rules. FastStone Capture has a lot of editing tools too

8. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Sounds View Post
    I find pause video and using FastStone Capture best. I presume i can mention programs here . i saw one person being told they were in breach of forum rules who mentioned a program. Apology if i have breached rules. FastStone Capture has a lot of editing tools too
    How is FastStone best at pausing and capturing? A player either pauses and captures or doesn't. Media Player Classic and VLC both pause and capture, and both are free, while FastStone is $20.

9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by dimailer View Post
    Originally Posted by jnojr View Post

To understand "better grab" we have to first understand what's wrong with the VLC grab.
    I find pause video and using FastStone Capture best. I presume i can mention programs here . i saw one person being told they were in breach of forum rules who mentioned a program. Apology if i have breached rules. FastStone Capture has a lot of editing tools too
    You are replying to a post made in July of 2015. jnojr probably doesn't care anymore.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329

10. Originally Posted by dimailer View Post
    How is FastStone best at pausing and capturing? A player either pauses and captures or doesn't. Media Player Classic and VLC both pause and capture, and both are free, while FastStone is $20.
    I meant pause vlc and use FastStone to capture and edit. It is just my opinion

11. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Thread closed.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.