VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a m2v movie file & a PCM audio file that I want to convert to a mpg file. I purchased TMPGenc to do this but unfortunately it appears that its not possible. When I go to multiplex the audio stream, TMPGenc comes up with a "Multiplexing Linear PCM Stream to system stream is not supported"
    Any suggestions on how I can overcome this problem.
    Quote Quote  
  2. use TMPGenc to convert the PCM audio to MP2 audio then try it again and it should work
    Quote Quote  
  3. If you plan on authoring this video as a DVD and your authoring program supports elementary streams, just leave them the way they are and let the authoring tool mux everything together.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I cant see where TMPGenc can convert this. Any hints on how to do this.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Use FFmpegui to create an .AC3 file from your .WAV..

Although the .AC3 file isn't 100% within spec, i haven't found a DVD player that wouldn't playback yet...
    Very simple to use also.

When you're done, then authour...
    Quote Quote  
  6. just fire up TMPGenc using the wizard thing, tell it to open up you wave as the audio source, leave video balnk, set it to CBR MP2 .... click next a couple of times, have a look for any other settings you might want on the way, then hit go

unless of courde yor using TMPGenc 3 express or whatever its called ..... then i dunno

adnkiich .... if iauthour anything using PCM audio then my shitty although resonably expensive DVD player refuses to play the audio .... maybe just a reason for falco trying to do this
    Quote Quote