VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have movie in divx format with a frame size of 688X320 . I want to risize it to full scren divx format . what is the best ethod to do it ?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Just set your favourite media player to full screen.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Iwant to burn it on cd to view it on player that can read divx
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,

You could resize it to halfd1 NTSC (352x480) or fulld1 (720x480). Your problem may be the 688, it's closer to full 720 but the 320 should be moved to 480 and that may be a problem viewing. Give it a test on a small clip from your main file. (you could use virtualdub to edit out a short scene to try the conversion). Good luck.

Kevin
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    For an avi @ 4:3 (the file at the moment is 2.15:1) you would need to crop 130 pixels of each end of the picture making the resulting file 428 X 320......doesnt your AVI DVD player (or TV) have a zoom feature..it would be A LOT quicker (ie. no time at all)?

If not, then why not your use your pc and Zoomplayer to feed the picture to your TV through the TV out (DO NOT select FULL SCREEN on the TV out settings or you will lose the zooming)...again its involves zero time.
    Quote Quote  
  6. but if i will zoom out it's will cut from the waide of the screen ?!
    Quote Quote  
  7. You have two choices. Either crop and resize the picture to the correct aspect ratio for your TV (4:3?). In this case you will lose the sides of the picture. Or watch it in letterbox mode (as it currently is) and put up with the black bars top and bottom.

If you simply resize to 4:3 without cropping, everything will be in the wrong aspect ratio. People will look tall and thin etc. Its your choice.
    Quote Quote