VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I finally got my 108 to burn a 4.7g at 7~8 mins. It would vary from 5x to 11x. The final time is about 8 mins. I heard there are some people who can burn at 16x using 8x media such as Ritek G05.

Has anyone able to burn at 16x using 8x media? By theory burning at 12x or 16x should give you a result of 8mins to 4mins. But I see that the speed vary thru out the burning process, it actually stops (0x) for a few seconds.

Please post your findings.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by tienquang2
    to 4mins.
    Never.
    These things clock burst speeds. Your 52x CD burner cannot make a full CD burn in 90 seconds. Your 16x DVD burner will never make a 4 minute disc. Never.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  3. Try the following DVD-R form Maxell, Media ID Code:MXL RG03, have successfully burnt at 16x with this 8x media.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You will never find a 4 minute 16x burner for one reason. Just about every drive available use ZCAV which means your burner will never run 16x through 100% of the burn due to the firmware write strategy.
    The real answer lies in completely understanding the question!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by twohawks
    Try the following DVD-R form Maxell, Media ID Code:MXL RG03, have successfully burnt at 16x with this 8x media.
    actully my TDK burner can burn a full CD in 2min 15secs. I dont kno bout the 4min w/ DVD tho...
    Quote Quote  
  6. ive had a 5min 48second dvd,reportidly @ x16 burn.
    dont know whether to believe it or not,but did notice 2 sections on the final disc that looked the same way that my old 8speed fuji discs would have when changing from 4-8speed-when the buffer emptys then starts speeding up(sorta darker rings)--not dye burns or flaws.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    8x media does 8 minutes on almost any 8x or higher drive, u need to burn at 16 x to go faster
    Quote Quote