VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe someone can shed some light on this for me. I have a Divx movie and when I try to convert it to DVD I get all the audio but about 3 mins through the movie the Video becomes pixelated & then freezes, yet the audio continues to play. I have tried converting with TMPGEnc Plus 2.5 & TMPGEnc Plus 3.0 Xpress. I have also tried with CyberLink's Disc Wizard & same result. I have also used virtual dub to decompress the audio and get a seperate wav file. When I watch the Divx on my PC or burn the divx to a DVD+R/RW & play it on my Philips DVP642 player the movie plays fine all the way through. Any ideas as to why this does this after the conversion? Or maybe a different method is needed. Someone please let me know. Here is a screenshot of the Divx's file info that VirtualDub gives me. Thanks in advance.

Father knows best.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Corrupt video

If you have a copy before you used tmpgenc on it.

Reencode using virtualdub.

If you do not have another copy, then download again.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    OK which methods of recoding should i follow using Virtual Dub? I also was curious if it would help If i were to run the divx file through Dr. Divx?
    Father knows best.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

Try using DivFix? May work!

Could also try reencoding using DrDivX but of course the reencoding process will reduce the quality (OK by not much, say 98% of original).

Andy
    Work you bloody thing....
    Quote Quote  
  5. Well, IMO, the DIVX video has to be flawless. My DVIX video's are read from DVD. I can now convert them with WinAVI Video Converter to DVD. I might be wrong on this, but once u Author a DIVX/XVID file, its done. Can't re-do the file FROM DIVX.
    Quote Quote  
  6. if you can play it back why bother to author as a DVD?
    Corned beef is now made to a higher standard than at any time in history.
    The electronic components of the power part adopted a lot of Rubycons.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I want to be able to play this back on my Standalone player. I think i may have to dload again. Can problems such as these occurr during dload process. If so... How do i prevent it?
    Father knows best.
    Quote Quote  
  8. It just might be ther person who your downloading from. They prolly don't know what their doing. Find a different file to dl from.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    will do thanks all
    Father knows best.
    Quote Quote