VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Thread
  1. Retired from video stuff MackemX's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Mag73
    Tried again with DVD Remaker and CCE which took a loooooong time and the result was worse than shrinks effort .
    I presume you mean DVDRebuilder Mag73?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Yep fellow Mackem , I only realised after I posted
    Quote Quote  
  3. Retired from video stuff MackemX's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Mag73
    Yep fellow Mackem , I only realised after I posted
    ROFLMAO, your username just hit me , '73 a classic year and shame I wasn't around to enjoy it

areet mate , nice to see a local person and I quote from the 'League of Gentlemen'

'This is a local forum for local people and not for the likes of you :P'

p.s. I won't mention football (soccer for the USA guys), I promise
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i used dvd decrypter, dvd2one and record now to do all 3 of the sw movies and had no problems at all(menus and all)
    Quote Quote  
  5. Hi all,
    After reading all 4 pages of this thread, I see there're some people can rip, and there're some cannot rip...including myself (after trying to do all the suggestions/tips/hints, still can't rip that damn disk)... Then, I thought it's just happened to a curtain disk and tried to exchange to the store for the different set... but somehow the episode 5 & 6 disks are easy to rip and back up, but the episode 4 "A New Hope" still got an error at the same spot...
    Quote Quote  
  6. Retired from video stuff MackemX's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    why dont people post the code numbers from the disc?

I don't have the latest DVD'S (waiting for full set )I have Star Wars TPM here and this is what's on the inner ring (the case says 22733DVD)

IFPI LL06 A02I11713 CX-F1-227331

It does also have it all again on the inner ring but it's A02I11715 instead and there's also more stuff but maybe that's not needed just yet

so maybe someone who can rip and someone who can't rip can post these numbers and compare. If they are different then it may save people wasted time as they can just check numbers first
    Quote Quote  
  7. hi,

what tool did you use to learn about the video bitrate? so that you can check the difference between the original dvd bitrate and the backup bitrate. some tool just like bitrate viewer? just curious about it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Intervideo WinDVD 6 has an option to display bitrate on the screen. It varies back and fourth a lot.
    :star: :star: :star: :star:
    Archived DVD Scans

Nero V ImgTools V Decrypter
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Update:

It must have been just the discs...as since then I've borrowed a friends copies, and was able to rip them just fine. Still dont know why my originals wont rip..there's *no* physical damage at all. (I never even put my original DVD's through a player...just rip and store).
    Archived DVD Scans

Nero V ImgTools V Decrypter
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Fandim
    Still dont know why my originals wont rip..there's *no* physical damage at all. (I never even put my original DVD's through a player...just rip and store).
    Same here ... no go on my discs. Error city.

JSB
    Quote Quote  
  11. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Have we tried the new DVD Decrypter yet? Perhaps Lucas is using some alternative to Arccos?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    This weird that your discs don't rip. JSB and Fandim.

JSB you say error city. Are you turning on "Ignore errors" .

A New Hope and the Bonus disc do have errors on them. They put errors on them on purpose, but I suppose you know this already if you have read this whole thread.

But the really weird case is Fandim who ripped a different set, but not his set. I wonder if there are slightly different versions.

I have noticed when I showed people who to back up their DVD's that the Encryption codes are often different on discs for the same movie. but this is still quite strange.

Fandim what happens with DVD Decrypter when you attemopt a rip?
    snappy phrase

I don't know what you're talking about.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by doppletwo
    Are you turning on "Ignore errors" .
    yep... I followed the Fandims original post to the T.

Funny thing was, I did get A New Hope to rip and Shrink... but I forgot the forced subtitles So a few weeks later(I still had the original rip) I tried Shrink and got some error message... I can't remember right now what it was. DVDremake also didn't work.

I will try again with the new DVD Decrypter...

JSB
    Quote Quote