VideoHelp Forum

Poll: Favorite Sport To Watch On TV

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    My absolute favorite is Hockey. I love the fast pace of it. Second would be American Football.
    Quote Quote  
  2. American football.
    I agree that it should have been named something else. Only "soccer" should really be called football (and worldwide it is).

But american football is such a complete sport. It requires teamwork from every individual on the team, each of them with diverse skill sets. Linemen, receivers, running backs, kickers, the all-important quarterback... All of them have different body types, strengths, abilities, and responsibility. Where else can you find such a representation of humanity, each with the capability to change the outcome of a game? And then there is the coaching. Calculating the odds, taking risks, just like a general on the battlefield. To me football is the perfect combination of strategy, teamwork, and individual ability.
    I have an appreciation for all sports, but watching football to me is the complete package.
    Quote Quote  
  3. There are tons of great sports on TV. Too many if you ask my wife. Growing up a baseball player, that's got to be 1st on my list. The psychological battle between a pitcher and a baseball and zillion other things that go on all over the field and in the dugouts that you only really understand if you've played the game a bit. Definately the thinking man's game. Love to watch football (American) too. A chess match where guys beat the snot out of each other. Basketball . . . yawn. I'll watch the NBA finals and March Madness, especially if the pool I buy into is lucrative. Soccer, only if it's international and important (World Cup or Olympics), and hockey is great live, but terrible on TV. And as for the rest, if it's competitive and intense, I'll probably watch it. Except for Nascar because I just don't see going around in a circle over and over again all that exciting.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    It's a 3way tie between MXC, Tetherball(see my new sig!), and Female Nude...anything!

Scott
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hockey
    Quote Quote  
  6. Baseball, then American Football, and yes i've seen that MXC on Spike, thats some pretty funny $hit.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Jim Croce summed up American auto racing best with his song "Rapid Roy(That Stock Car Boy)...I've always though of the Good 'ol Boys of Nascar chasing each other in circles every weekend...and the diehard Nascar fans calling them athletes. His song was recorded in the 70's...LONG before Nascar became what it is today. It still reminds me of Good 'ol Boys - former moonshine runners - becoming local(now national) heros.

Oh rapid roy that stock car boy
    He too much too believe
    You know he always got an extra pack of cigarettes
    Rolled up in his t-shirt sleeve
    He got a tattoo on his arm that say "baby"
    He got another one that just say "hey"
    But every sunday afternoon he is a dirt track demon
    In a '57 chevrolet

Oh rapid roy that stock car boy
    He's the best driver in the land
    He say that he learned to race a stock car
    By runnin' shine outta alabam'
    Oh the demolition derby
    And the figure eight
    Is easy money in the bank
    Compared to runnin' from the man
    In oklahoma city
    With a 500 gallon tank

Yeah, Roy's so cool, that racin fool
    He don't know what fear's about.
    He do a hundred thirty mile an hour, smilin at the camera
    With a tooth pick in his mouth.
    He got a girl back home, name of Dixie Dawn
    But he got honeys all along the way.
    And you oughta hear 'em screamin for that dirt track demon
    in a '57 Chevrolet.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have to disagree with you, as I feel stock car driver are athletes, as you also have to be great physical shape to take the pounding the sport gives you.
    Oh yeah, my favorite sport? Baby Harp Seal Clubbing. Wait, here comes another one! (Whack!) Two points!
    Hello.
    Quote Quote  
  9. serious sports gotta be womens netball

(although I nearly went with womens nude mud wrestling)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jaxxboss
    Football = soccer, soccer = football, jeez, you dont hear the yanks cry when you call an apartment a flat or a truck a lorrie(sp). So dont get your panties in a wrinkle over terminology. jeez.
    Yes, I'm sorry, that last post was uncalled for and the result of a bad day.
    Still should be given it's correct name
    W.
    tgpo, my real dad, told me to make a maximum of 5,806 posts on vcdhelp.com in one lifetime. So I have.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hockey then CFL and NFL Football.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Overall, Hockey no contest (Go Wings!)

Racing, WRC (Go Subaru!)

Womens Beach Volleyball ain't bad either!!

Anyone that thinks American Football is sissy because they have pads is deluding themselves. Have you seen the size of those guys?? You square off against a 300lb (or is it 136 kg?) guy that can do the 50m in under 5 sec... Nuff said.

-Suntan
    Quote Quote  
  13. Water Polo.
    I love playing water polo, to bad our highschool team sucks. win loose 50/50.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Australian Rules Football, or cricket.
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by hech54
    Aussie Rules Football looks like Rugby..
    You think ?

You sure you weren't watching the NRL ?
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Being from Canada, it would have to be hockey...

Being myself, i'd have to say................... WOMEN'S BEACH VOLLEYBALL!!!

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hockey.
    And AFAIK, soccer is soccer. It's at times called football too, so to separate the game with the elliptic ball and guys with over sized shoulder padding from the game with no padding and a round ball, the former has "American" in front of its name. (Why isn't it called American Rugby, since then at least the shape of the ball would match?)

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by lordsmurf
    When Soccer is getting more than 2% you know non-Americans are voting.
    When American Football gets a single vote, you know non-"therestoftheworld" are voting.

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by mats.hogberg
    Originally Posted by lordsmurf
    When Soccer is getting more than 2% you know non-Americans are voting.
    When American Football gets a single vote, you know non-"therestoftheworld" are voting.

/Mats
    I don't think I like your anti-American attitude, or underlying condescending political innuendo.
    Will
    tgpo, my real dad, told me to make a maximum of 5,806 posts on vcdhelp.com in one lifetime. So I have.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    European football here.
    Also Basketball, Volley, Waterpolo (amazing sport!) and Handball.

I'm not a fan of the - so called - American Sports. From USA, I watch occassionally only NBA and WWE / NWA (if you count pro Wrestling as a sport).
    La Linea by Osvaldo Cavandoli
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm missing snooker,the most violent gameushing with a pointed stick at someone else's balls.Try to click those balls together and more dreadful things.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Not into sports that much. Like auto racing(actually got to race for a year while stationed in Germany) and me and the family love to watch MXC.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Other -- Tennis...
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The American football, soccer argument is one thing, it is also fairly simple. American football is a watered down, wimps version of Rugby and soccer is the name they gave to real football so they can tell the difference.

But you know what has always amused me? The other two great American sports, namely baseball and basketball. We call the first rounders and the second netball. Both are played almost exclusively by schoolgirls........
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Extreme Volleyball
    Lingerie Bowl
    Celebrity Strip Poker
    G.L.O.W.
    Rollerball
    Quote Quote  
  26. Originally Posted by Richard_G
    American football is a watered down, wimps version of Rugby
    OK tough guy, whatever. See comments above.

Originally Posted by Richard_G
    The other two great American sports, namely baseball and basketball. We call the first rounders and the second netball. Both are played almost exclusively by schoolgirls........
    Well, I am sure that any of the athletes of said great American sports would be real hurt by these comments while they take a look at the paychecks of any other pro sport player (Shumaker's pay check excluded)

Why is it that the only sports to get derided are "American" Sports? Nobody is making you watch them. Stop with the American-hate whining already.

-Suntan
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    hook, line and sinker

Reel him in, Richard_G !
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Boxing

and

MXC
    Quote Quote  
  29. Soccer (aka Football or Footy as in, "did you see the footy last night?").

R.I.P. Cloughie.
    Cole
    Quote Quote  
  30. I only watch the biggest sport in the whole world. Football (why in gods sake do some people call it soccer ??)

Sometimes I watch swimming, skating, and tennis also... But not often.

Btw, what's Basketball, Baseketball, and American soccer ?
    Quote Quote