VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    In VirtualDub, when converting a Pinnacle AVI file to a MPEG4 (via DivX video and MP3 audio), the procedure fails - and never at the same frame reference point. The error is "Video source AVI ICDecompress Error unspecified (-100)"

I've plenty of system RAM and hard drive space so I don't think it's a resource issue. Has anybody experienced this before and if so, what did you do to solve it?

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Not sure if this is it, but when playing an avi file in Virtualdub encoded with DivX and recieving that error, it means you've got a bad frame. But since it's not at the same place each time I'm not sure... Have you tried any other program to encode?
    Quote Quote  
  3. I think that's a frame issue, I get it with partial downloads from morpheus, it's usually at the points where the frames haven't been d/l'd yet.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Hi

Seen this when saving uncompressed video, I used a DivX to save and problem is gone.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've tried DivX and Microsoft's MPEG 4 under VirtualDub, both produce the same results yet erratically.

I get some of the same problems under Premiere's export; the only one which works 100% is the Windows Media codec (.WMA). Oh yes, RealPlayer's .RM codec also works, but even at top seting .RM is not all that good so I like to pretend it doesn't exist... And I prefer MPEG4 to a Microsoft standard.

So I know the material do not have bad frames; something goofy just happens randomly during the encoding.

Just to clarify, I'm using Windows NT 5 (Win 2000 Pro). Why Microsoft had to screw up an already bad naming convention is beyond me...
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Again

Does the avi's have key frames set every 10 ?
    Have you scanned them for freeze frames ?

Quote Quote