VideoHelp Forum

Poll: Star Wars 7, 8, & 9...

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hay Star War fans :P

I think if the talk about doing an 7,8, and 9 would work out ok. The reason
    for my feeling on this is because he did such a great job on 1,2 and 3 so
    far. (Well, 3 to be seen yet, but I believe it will be just as much of a
    smash as 1 and 2 ... lets not forget 4,5 and 6)

Yeah, I think he'll do great with those too. Anyways.

I remember how I felt about him doing 1,2,3 and I was dead against it. I
    have sense changed my mind They are beautiful movies. But, FWIW.., I
    can't help but feel such strong "nastalgia" for Episode I, Phantom Menace.
    That's like an "original" because he embarked on a new ERA w/ todays technolegy,
    as well as techniques and things.

I'm looking forward to the 3 'rd one soon. Anyone know when it's coming out ??
    ..let alone to puchase the DVD special Special Editions of 4,5,6
    I'm going to look forward to those new revisions w/ an open mind, because I
    think he did such a great job on the SE (laserdisc) sets, though
    there is no replacing the "Originals" (of which I have both sets to)

Long live the Force, ..and be with you.
    -vhelp
    Quote Quote  
  2. You live in the United States, vhelp?

19 May 2005.

It's not too early to start camping out in front of the theaters.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    If you blow up jar jar, people will come.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Watch Phantom menace again very carefully. Liam Neeson and Ewan McGregor are some of today's top actors and Lucas has turned them into robotic clones just churning out stupid dialog. Phantom menace was a major disappointment but maybe Lucas was finding his groove again after 10 years of not directing. Clones gets a little better but has some pretty weak parts as well especially the arena fight and clone war - TOO MUCH CGI.

If Lucas can pull it together for EP 3, it might be the best of this second series but its not drumming up the interest like the first triology did. I remember the buzz for a couple years after "Luke, i am your father" was put out there. I dont hear the same thing about why Anakin becomes Vader.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by tygrus2000
    Watch Phantom menace again very carefully. Liam Neeson and Ewan McGregor are some of today's top actors and Lucas has turned them into robotic clones just churning out stupid dialog. Phantom menace was a major disappointment but maybe Lucas was finding his groove again after 10 years of not directing. Clones gets a little better but has some pretty weak parts as well especially the arena fight and clone war - TOO MUCH CGI.

If Lucas can pull it together for EP 3, it might be the best of this second series but its not drumming up the interest like the first triology did. I remember the buzz for a couple years after "Luke, i am your father" was put out there. I dont hear the same thing about why Anakin becomes Vader.

Good point, but this could all be part of his plan to build up to some key moments in Episode III.

I see a lot of characters just doing their thing, not understanding the importance of what they do until a critical encounter changes the balance of the universe. From that standpoint, I wouldn't expect the first two movies being anything more than 'same old, same old' until we reach that point. And based on that, I think both actors have done their job.

They can't see the freight train that is the collapse of the Jedi coming yet. So why do anything more than be your ho-hum self? Not much build-up for the 'real-life' characters, since they don't know what we know.

The 'why' Anakin becomes Vader doesn't interest me as much as the 'how' it happens. I figured the 'why' was his weak-mindedness. I'd like to see the supreme ass-kicking Kenobi unleashes that would still allow Anakin to survive, albeit with life support.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Make 7-9 cartoons. Clone Wars was far better than Episode I and most of Ep II.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote