VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Yeah, I know about that, but I just wanted to convert some of my paintball videos into vcd's so I can watch on my dvd.

Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Jorge
    Is there any guides on how to do it though vegas 4.0
    the manual and the help file =- like this is in the help file

From the Tools menu, choose Burn CD and choose Video CD from the submenu to render your project and burn it to a Video CD (VCD).

Video CDs can be played in many home DVD players and on computers with a CD-ROM drive and VCD player software.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From the Tools menu, choose Burn CD and choose Video CD from the submenu. The Burn Video CD dialog is displayed.

Choose the movie file you want to use:

If you want to render the current project, select the Render format radio button.

a. Edit the contents of the File path box to specify the name and location of your rendered file.

b. Choose a template from the Template drop-down list to specify the parameters that should be used for rendering your file, or click the Custom button to create a new template.

c. Select the Render loop region only check box if you want to use only a portion of your project. If the check box is cleared, the entire project will be rendered and saved to the Video CD.

d. Select the Stretch video to fill output frame check box if you want to reformat your video so it fills the output frame size listed in the Description box. When the check box is cleared, the current aspect ratio is maintained, and black borders are added to fill the extra frame area (letterbox). This option is useful when the desired output format does not match the frame aspect ratio of you project.

Clear the Fast video resizing check box if you see unacceptable artifacts in the rendered video. Turning off this option can correct the artifacts, but your rendering times will increase significantly.

If you want to use an already-rendered MPEG file, select the Use an existing file radio button, and enter the path to the file in the File path box (or click the Browse button to locate the file).

Select recording options for your CD-recordable drive:

a. Choose a burn mode.

Item
    Description

Burn CDs
    Begins recording audio to your CD immediately.

Test first, then burn CDs
    Performs a test to determine whether your files can be written to the CD recorder without encountering buffer underruns. No audio is recorded to the CD during the test, and recording begins after the test if it is successful.

Test only (do not burn CDs)
    Performs a test to determine whether your files can be written to the CD recorder without encountering buffer underruns. No audio is recorded to the CD.

b. From the Burn speed drop-down list, choose the speed at which you want to record. Max will record using the fastest speed possible with your drive; decrease the speed if you have difficulty recording.

Your movie is recorded to the CD. When recording is finished, you can select the Save movie file check box to keep the MPEG file that was rendered, or you can clear the check box to delete the file.

Click Finish.
    "Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems." - Rene Descartes (1596-1650)

3. Member
    Search PM
    Ok Im going to try it right now BJ_M thank you for your help.

Search PM
    Originally Posted by mats.hogberg
    ..'scuse me for butting in again, but have you read any of the numerous guides on the subject of AVI to (S)VCD found left? If not, I can assure you, it's time well spent, instead of asking a new question for each step (and each software) required to accomplish the task, and waiting for someone to supply an answer.

C'mon Mats, sharing's caring !
    If in doubt, Google it.

5. Member
    Search PM
    Yes, thank you to mats.hogberg I actually did use those guides.

6. Member
    Search PM
    Alright, now that I figured how to do the whole vegas thing. I now want to convert dvd movies into vcd or svcd. I downloaded the program Easy vcd. And I followd the guide on how to do it. The thing is that I noticed its saving the files in VOB format; after its completely done ripping the dvd, what do I do with those files so I can burn them into my CD)-R and play the movie.

Search Comp PM
    just get dvd2svcd and hit the go button
    "Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems." - Rene Descartes (1596-1650)

8. Member
    Search PM
    If I used DVD2SVCD, and converted the movie, would I just burn it, after the conversion.

Search Comp PM
    yez

Search PM
    Alright, now that I figured how to do the whole vegas thing. I now want to convert dvd movies into vcd or svcd. I downloaded the program Easy vcd. And I followd the guide on how to do it. The thing is that I noticed its saving the files in VOB format; after its completely done ripping the dvd, what do I do with those files so I can burn them into my CD)-R and play the movie.
    I would suggest that you have it set to "Rip VOBs only". You need to change the output format to MPEG file or bun/cue. Once you click the start button just let it go until it tells you it has finished, or your computer shuts down (if you have that option ticked).
    If in doubt, Google it.

11. Member
    Search PM
    Ok, I want to use easy vcd, as I have downloaded it already. Here is the little problem, the movie I was converting in easy vcd is already done, the final step was for it to convert in tmpgenc, and my computer froze while I was using the internet, and it restarted. How can I go back to the convertion process where it was originally started.

12. Member
    Search PM
    Im a little lost here. Is it possible to record the movie to my harddrive, watch it on my computer; then when I want, convert it to vcd, and use it on my dvd.

Search Comp PM
    anything is possable -- all you have to do is believe

14. Member
    Search PM
    I think I can, I think I can......Anyways how can I do it. I had dvd2svcd but It said I needed Cinema Craft Encoder, doesnt that cost like 1000 bucks. Is their an alternative.

Search Comp PM
    it costs 1995$

dvd2svcd comes with a free encoder (i think -- anyway it supports one)

-- like i said --

just hit go and let it do everything , you dont have to do anything ..

you will end up with a bin/cue file which you can burn with lots of apps ..

it will take awhile though as i see you have a P3 with winME -- maybe a whole day in your case to encode ..

16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by BJ_M
    it costs 1995$

dvd2svcd comes with a free encoder (i think -- anyway it supports one)

-- like i said --

just hit go and let it do everything , you dont have to do anything ..

you will end up with a bin/cue file which you can burn with lots of apps ..

it will take awhile though as i see you have a P3 with winME -- maybe a whole day in your case to encode ..
    Yeah, but it pays for itself the first time you use it!
    Hello.

17. Member
    Search PM
    I'll see what I can do. When I Intalled it, and opened the movie I wanted to encode, it gave me a message saying that I needed cinema craft encoder, and on top of that I could not find the go button anywhere. It had so many options that it drove me kind of crazy. Ok lets say I did do the encoding using dvd2svcd and it finished the whole process; what do I do next with the file or files it creates, do I need another program, I think its isobuster right. Is there any tutorials on how to use dvd2svcd???

18. Member
    Search PM
    Ok, I found the tutorial. Now as for the rest of the stuff, what should I do. I really would like an all in one program, that is simple and easy to use.

Search Comp PM
    dvd2svcd is as simple as it gets -- and all in one ..

the only thing is can not do is hold your hand and burn the disks -- but maybe those are coming also ..

20. Member
    Search PM
    Ok, its not working at all, I opened the dvd and it did not work. Is there any other program that is good. Ive downloaded dvd2svcd many times and it didnt work so forget that one. Please help me out. Can it be done it vegas 4.0.

Search Comp PM
    i forgot now what you want to do ...

Search Comp PM
    if you can not get dvd2svcd working -- i suggest giving up

really --

nothing is simpler

23. Member
    Search PM
    ohh come on, what about DIKO, is it any good.

Search Comp PM
    for what ?

Search Comp PM
    I think there should be a PRE-newbie forum for this case!

Hey guys
    I need some help; I have a bunch of paintball videos which are in avi format. HOw would I be able to put these vids on a normal cd and play them one my dvd player. I remember my friend did it. Its because I dont have a dvd burner only a cd burner.
    Jorge,

WTF, if your friend did it, why don't you ask him how???
    "Adopt, adapt and improve!"

26. Member
    Search PM
    I never see him. Ok, what is it I need to download to copy a dvd to a cd-r. Give me a list of everything I need to get this done.

27. Member
    Search PM
    does dvd decrypter do this.

Search Comp PM

Search PM
    EAZY VCD

(is this still going ?)
    If in doubt, Google it.

Search Comp PM