VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. anyone buy these 50 packs and looked at the media id code? I've heard some memorex's are ritek G04's which seem to work pretty good for me. I've also heard some memorex's are CMC's which are crap.

anyone had any luck with these? they're pretty cheap for the next few days.
    Quote Quote  
  2. to answer my own question, the 50 pack i bought today were prodiscs03's.

I've heard good things about them, I guess i'll give them a shot and see how they work with my dvd burner, dvd players and xbox.

at least they weren't CMC's
    Quote Quote  
  3. Let us know how they work out for you. I would be using them on Xbox as well. Futureshop also has BenQ's for the same price. For the experts out there, which do you think is the better deal:

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&dept=1&WLBS=fsweb24&s...01&newdeptid=2

or

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&dept=1&WLBS=fsweb18&s...01&newdeptid=2

Thanks for you input.
    Quote Quote  
  4. after finding out they were prodiscs, and most people like prodiscs i went to grab another 50 pack, but they were out, and so was the other future shop in town (victoria).

oh well, at least i got one 50 pack.. gives me a chance to try these out.

i gotta burn through about 25 more maxell ty's i bought for twice the price last month... (damned fine discs though).

i too am curious if prodiscs will work on my xbox.. its a new xbox so i'm guessing it has a samsung drive. but who knows the xbox drives do funny things like read cdrw but not cdr.. heh
    Quote Quote  
  5. It depends on your burner. My Plextor hates both the Memorex CMC and the Prodisc discs... it won't burn either one.
    Quote Quote  
  6. maybe i'm glad i didn't buy a 2nd 50 pack of these prodisc memorex's. I burned the 1st one at 4x on my lg gsa-4040b burner. It started making these high pitched clicking sounds. It was very remenent of a problem i had with a batch of ritek's about 10 months ago (which i've never had again). USually it takes around 30 seconds for the lead-in to be written and the dvd burner buffer to fill up. When it gets around a minute i get worried. I thought this disc was gonna stall out. Eventually the burn started but it stall on the lead-out. My computer won't recognize it, but it did work in my philips dvd player.

So I burned the 2nd one at 2x. It had no problems. The lg 4040b can be a very picky burner. I might go back to riteks when i'm done this batch. I've had 4 batches of 100 riteks i think.. and 1 of 'em had to be burned at 2x, but my last 2 batches have been great.

i guess it could be worse, the memorex's reads fine in my xbox 1.6 and in my philips dvd player, so thats a plus.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    My burner loves those prodiscs,here`s one of the burns on a 2 gig file.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    wow, that is nice. did you burn that with the 812s or just scan it using that?
    Quote Quote  
  9. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Burned it with my 812s @8x,burned 2 other prodisc r03 with similar results.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The store here ran out of the 4X discs so they replaced them with the 8X discs. I never bought any since I don't have a 8X drive but it seems like a good deal to me...
    Quote Quote  
  11. well today i got brave and tried to burn another of these at 4x. It burned without a hitch, i gotta find some more stuff to burn, maybe the first disc i tried was just a dud.
    Quote Quote  
  12. All the memorex 50pk's I've bought identify as RitekG04's...
    Quote Quote