VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4
1 2 3 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. The Pic quality in the new vs of Shrink is lousy, even if it needs no encoding. I don't care about all the hype of the latest vs it still is crappy. I tihnk the beta 5 vs have the best transcoder, correction I know the beta vs have the best trancoder.
    Live Life 2 The Fullest, Live The Life U Luv & Luv The Life U Live!

Search Comp PM
    The Pic quality in the new vs of Shrink is lousy, even if it needs no encoding. I don't care about all the hype of the latest vs it still is crappy. I tihnk the beta 5 vs have the best transcoder, correction I know the beta vs have the best trancoder.
    Then use DVD REBUILDER if you think the newest version of DVD SHRINK is lousy. The process is long depending on how fast your cpu is but the quality is stunning that it blows DVD SHRINK away. I use DVD SHRINK to back up the kiddie movies/cartoons for the kids.

Search Comp PM
    Are you kidding? If there is no re-encoding required, DVDShrink doesn't do it. Plus, why would you use shrink if you're not shrinking it?

4. I find the current version DVD Shrink v3.2 with deep analysis to give much better results than previous versions, especially in the 60-90% compression ranges.

When you consider speed and quality its also better for me than InstantCopy and DVDRebuilder+ Quenc or CCE.

Quenc or CCE is capable of better results at higher compression rates (less than 70% ), but at the expense of 3 or 4 times the execution times.

ymmv
    The OldeMan

5. Hi all.

Thanks for sharing your opinion with us, Jah_Rankin.
    ddlooping
    For DVD Shrink guides & goodies: DVDShrink.info
    My "other" site: Teaching-Tools

Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Supreme2k
    Are you kidding? If there is no re-encoding required, DVDShrink doesn't do it. Plus, why would you use shrink if you're not shrinking it?
    My thoughts exactly. I guess we'll need to "consider the source" with this lame comment from Jah_Rankin.

But DVDShrink really IS handy to use even if you do not plan to shrink. It is good to actually see and hear what you are working on...especially with a disc from a DVD Recorder that has multiple titles and you are picking off bits and pieces.

7. Wow, so let's humour the dolt. Let's see some proof.

I have NO loyalty to software. I simply want the best free product for transcoding, so please prove your points so I can back things up better than I have been.

8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    "The Pic quality in the new vs of Shrink is lousy, even if it needs no encoding." Did you forget to take your medication?
    member since 1843

Search Comp PM
    When Jah_RankinShrink is released...and it's also free...please let us know so we can evaluate it.

10. Blahh, Blahh, I copied GOD SEND, DORM DAZE, and LAWS OF DATING, Movie only mode, all 3 needed no compression, but the pic was lousy! There were discoloration, especially on skin tones. So u all can take that to the bank. The pic was clear but if one look 's at the flesh tones and finer details the flaws are there!!!!!.

11. Jah_Rankin, did you compare the original to the DVD Shrink backup using side-by-side instances of your software player by any chance (two instances)?
    ddlooping

12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    no, he was too busy, changing bong water
    member since 1843

13. P.S: several bit-by-bit comparison tests of DVD Shrink "No Compression" output and the original stream have shown them to be identical.
    ddlooping

14. Originally Posted by ddlooping
    Jah_Rankin, did you compare the original to the DVD Shrink backup using side-by-side instances of your software player by any chance (two instances)?
    I viewed in progressive scan mode on screen play 4800 DLP projector, and again, discoloration in skin tones were present on the disc.

15. Originally Posted by ddlooping
    P.S: several bit-by-bit comparison tests of DVD Shrink "No Compression" output and the original stream have shown them to be identical.
    B.S.......

16. Originally Posted by ricky1756
    no, he was too busy, changing bong water
    Did u know that this improves vision and thought process?????

17. Originally Posted by Jah_Rankin
    Originally Posted by ddlooping
    P.S: several bit-by-bit comparison tests of DVD Shrink "No Compression" output and the original stream have shown them to be identical.
    B.S.......
    No BS.....
    ddlooping

Search PM
    AFAIK No Compression means that it is just ripping the files and not transcoding them in any way. How can just ripping the files change colors ?
    If in doubt, Google it.

19. Originally Posted by jimmalenko
    AFAIK No Compression means that it is just ripping the files and not transcoding them in any way. How can just ripping the files change colors ?
    When one chooses main movie only the transcoder have to seperate the other files from the movie, so there's some sort of conversion taking place, it may not do a full re encode, transcode, what ever u want to call it but it make some sort of conversion. If u look at the skin tones u will notice some parts are darker than others.

20. Why don't you take a couple of screen captures (one from the original, one from the backup) so we can try and judge for ourselves.
    ddlooping

21. Ok, here is a test for you.

Which is the original, which is the DVD Shrink version at 60.1%?

P.S: these captures have only been reduced in size (50%).
    No color enhancement, sharpening, etc etc was used.
    ddlooping

22. Very funny, Good 1, but not good enough. I can tell u however if u look on the skin tone of the actor face on both pics u can see those dark skin tones I'm refering too.

23. I fail to see what's funny about it.
    The top image is from the unprocessed copy (DVD Decrypter rip), the second one from the DVD Shrink v3.2 Deep Analysis "Maximum Smoothness" backup at 60.1%.

P.S: it could be 60.9%, I can't remember.

In any case, just use whatever you're happy with.
    ddlooping

24. Which adaptive settings do you recommend ddlooping? Is smoothness best in your experience?

25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Did u know that this improves vision and thought process????? You're supposed to change the bong water, not drink it
    member since 1843

26. freestyler, some DVD Shrink users are in the process of conducting AEC comparative tests.
    When done, the results will be available at DVDShrink.info.
    Hopefully, we'll then know more about what setting to use and when.

Rigth now, all I could suggest is to use "Maximum Smoothness" when a high level of compression is required (Ratio < 65%), or when the title is almost at its maximum compressability (this can be found by switching to "Custom Ratio" and moving the slider all the way to the left).
    ddlooping

27. Your right budz.....
    Then use DVD REBUILDER if you think the newest version of DVD SHRINK is lousy. The process is long depending on how fast your cpu is but the quality is stunning that it blows DVD SHRINK away. I use DVD SHRINK to back up the kiddie movies/cartoons for the kids.

DVD REBUILDER and CCE for full backup, I havent seen anything that comes close in QUALITY..........

28. Hey maybe it's my imported bong water, but no problems from Shrink for me yet...hell of an app in my opinion!

As for the other, I thought only gurls (no offense ladies) were the only ones that said SHRINKage sucks....hmmm

Sabro
    www.sabronet.com - It's all you need...to know

Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Jah_Rankin
    Very funny, Good 1, but not good enough. I can tell u however if u look on the skin tone of the actor face on both pics u can see those dark skin tones I'm refering too.
    Hey knucklehead...what about my previous post?

When Jah_RankinShrink is released...and it's also free...please let us know so we can evaluate it.

30. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Jah_Rankin
    Blahh, Blahh, I copied GOD SEND, DORM DAZE, and LAWS OF DATING, Movie only mode, all 3 needed no compression, but the pic was lousy! There were discoloration, especially on skin tones. So u all can take that to the bank. The pic was clear but if one look 's at the flesh tones and finer details the flaws are there!!!!!.
    "God Send" = "Godsend" and "Laws of Dating" is probably = "Laws of Attraction"

There "were" discoloration!!!

Judging by your spelling and syntax I wouldn't take your word for anything.