VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I recently learned how to make VCD's and I'm having a little problem. I bought a VCD player addon for my Playstation and It works but occasionally when I play a burned VCD (which it supports) it locks up and stops the player. When I play it on my computer it plays all the way through just fine but not on the psx. I am using nero 5.5 to burn the cds and I've tried many different burning speeds none of which seem to help. What type of settings do you have to set nero at to prevent Something like this from happening. If anyone else has this type of problem playing a VCD in something other than a computer I would like to hear about it and if anyone has a solution its greatly appreciated. Thank you
    Quote Quote  
  2. ok the addon vcd player for the psx is just a standard vcd player, it wont play anything right with bitrates that are too high. if u are useing the tmpg software then simply load its pal or ntsc vcd settings.

if you are already creating standard VCd'd then the problem could be that u are useing shit blanks, i find that for the psx verbatims are the best, use verbatims blanks and aslo cut at a low speed, the lasers on the psx arnt that good

hope that helps you
    Quote Quote  
  3. I used to have one of those add on vcd players for the psx and most of the time it was the burn speed that gave it the most trouble, it seemed to work fine when I used the ntsc vcd templates that came with tmpgenc. Also I just got a dreamcast and it plays vcd's but they are choppy unless you use a specific template with tmpgenc with a lower bitrated, if you'd like I could email you that template it might be worth a try.[oops looks like i didn't read your post fully, I missed the part where you said you'd tried different burn speeds. One thing that you could try is using a different media I hear kodak gold cd's are good for example]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: joe-mamma on 2001-07-13 13:31:20 ]</font>
    Quote Quote  
  4. Ok Guys, I figured something weird out. It seems that all my vcd's play fine in the computer. But every one of my VCD's that I try to play on the psx has the same problem. It seems that the last 5 to 10 minutes of the video cuts off from playing buts its burned right. I made a small video file that was 2 minutes long and put that on after one of the movie VCDs I made, then I burned it. Sure enough when the part came where it was supposed to cut off it kept going for another 2 minutes. So it seems to me I'll have to make a 10 min blank file and put that on all the vcds I make which sucks because that lowers my capacity on the cd. Anyone know of why my PSX would cut off the last part of the video on every cd I make? Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  5. What you probably need is a mod chip and you can get one at http://www.modchip.com
    Quote Quote