VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I'd like to rip just the movie and do away with all extras on some of my DVD's to save time and HD space. Is there a way that works to just rip the movie and then have it recognized in a software like DVDShrink? I've tried ripping the movie + IFO's w/ DVDDecrypter but it's not recognized in DVDShrink due to the structure of the DVD being messed up. Do I need to re-create the IFO's and BUP's with a software like VOBedit, or is there a simpler way someone out there knows of?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I read your post twice to make sure I didn't misunderstand. Surely you know that you can rip and reauthor main movie in DVDShrink? No need for other steps or programs. Now if what you really mean is movie plus menus, no extras, I believe Titleset Blanker or VobBlanker is what you want. But maybe I'm a little out of date, I always do movie only any more. Good Luck.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It's kind of odd to me that DVDDecrypter has on option to select Movie + IFO's but when that combination of files don't allow the DVD to work. What's the use of this option?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Retired from video stuff MackemX's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    are you wanting movie-only or wanting to keep the menus? DVDShrink is the option for movie only especially as you are using it afterwards anyway

I don't know the purpose of that option now. Maybe it's just something that was used in the old days when playing with the files making backups the longer way. It's probably of no use to you now so don't worry about it
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Are you in IFO mode in DVDDecrypter ?
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I just rip the entire disc to my HD then use DVDShrink to separate into movie only.
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by louv68
    I'd like to rip just the movie and do away with all extras on some of my DVD's to save time and HD space. Is there a way that works to just rip the movie and then have it recognized in a software like DVDShrink? I've tried ripping the movie + IFO's w/ DVDDecrypter but it's not recognized in DVDShrink due to the structure of the DVD being messed up. Do I need to re-create the IFO's and BUP's with a software like VOBedit, or is there a simpler way someone out there knows of?
    The best way to save both time and HD space is definitely Smartripper if that is the goal.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by jtommyj
    The best way to save both time and HD space is definitely Smartripper if that is the goal.
    Smartripper and DVDDecrypter are much of a muchness in that regard.
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jimmalenko
    I just rip the entire disc to my HD then use DVDShrink to separate into movie only.

Ok, and that saves HD space and time how ? You are doing 2 longer and more HD taking space steps possibly
    You rip the complete disc which takes up more HD space.
    And if the main movie is under 4.7GB or 4.4GB ,whichever you prefer, you can even eliminate the DVD Shrink and save more time.

Agreed ?

t
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM

Ok, and that saves HD space and time how ? You are doing 2 longer and more HD taking space steps possibly
    You rip the complete disc which takes up more HD space.
    And if the main movie is under 4.7GB or 4.4GB ,whichever you prefer, you can even eliminate the DVD Shrink and save more time.

Agreed ?
    What are you on ?
    I never said that it saves HD space and time. I just said that I do it that way.

Read it again, dumbass

Ripping the entire disc to your Hard Drive takes up about 4 extra GB at the most, but eliminates any possible user error. If you try to rip movie only but encounter errors, I guarantee it will take you longer to fix up than if you had ripped the entire disc to your HD in the first place. You rule out any chance of DVDShrink not opening your material also.
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey Dumbass ,why don't YOU read the original posters question ? THAT'S what I'M on, not some ego trip like you. He didn't ask how you or anyone else did it, just the way that takes up the least time and HD space.

If your way doesn't take the least amount of time and Hd space, why did you even reply with it then ?

I gave him another option and you decide you will nit-pick and debate me with no concern about the posters question. Did he ask
    "about 4 extra GB at the most, but eliminates any possible user error. If you try to rip movie only but encounter errors, I guarantee it will take you longer to fix up than if you had ripped the entire disc to your HD in the first place. You rule out any chance of DVDShrink not opening your material also.

Did he ask, "Hey jimmalenko, how do YOU almight sir rip your discs ?"

No, it was that he wanted to do it in the least amount of time taking the minimal amount of space. He didn't care about your editorial on "only" 4 extra GB's jerk. If he wanted to use 4 extra GB's he wouldn't be asking about the least amount of HD space,you ass.

So go screw yourself, quit thread crapping, and cherry picking on my posts. You are obviously the self absorbed dumbass.

t
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Hey Dumbass ,why don't YOU read the original posters question ? THAT'S what I'M on, not some ego trip like you.

I gave him another option and you decide you will nit-pick and debate me with no concern about the posters question. Did he ask
    "about 4 extra GB at the most, but eliminates any possible user error. If you try to rip movie only but encounter errors, I guarantee it will take you longer to fix up than if you had ripped the entire disc to your HD in the first place. You rule out any chance of DVDShrink not opening your material also.

Did he ask, "Hey jimmalenko, how do YOU almight sir rip your discs ?"

No, it was that he wanted to do it in the least amount of time taking the minimal amount of space. He didn't care about your editorial on "only" 4 extra GB's jerk. If he wanted to use 4 extra GB's he wouldn't be asking about the least amount of HD space,you ass.

So go screw yourself, quit thread crapping, and cherry picking on my posts. You are obviously the self absorbed dumbass.

t

Need some comforting ?

You took my remarks out of context.

Your way isn't the only way
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    LOL ,MY way isn't the only way ? Look who is talking.

My way isn't the only way but compared to your way it IS the only way that doesn't take an extra 4 GB's. Which if you can read you will find was one of the posters 2 concerns.

Your way takes both MORE time and MORE disk space which is exactly the 2 things he is trying to avoid .Did you even read the post ?

What a joke you are. Out of context ? Your reply is totally out of the context of the posters question LOL.

If he would have asked "How does everyone else here rip their discs ?", your reply would have been in context .Since he didn't, replying as you did was senseless.

I don't even USE SmartRipper anymore because my concerns aren't the same as the original posters. I use CloneDVD to get out all the extras and then use DVD-Rebuilder with CCE.
    But did i post that ? No, because it, like your way ,uses more disc space and more time, so it wouldn't be conducive to the posters concerns.

You were just in a hurry to say how you did something with no regard for answering the original question.
    As for the comforting, sure, send her over again.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Who died and made you a mod ?

I think you need a nice big glass of STFU

If you can pull your head outta your ass long enough, listen for a second.

Using either DVDDecrypter in IFO mode or smartripper in movie mode is not a surefire way of getting perfect movie-only results every time. There are some DVDs that cannot be properly traversed by ripping programs in movie or IFO modes due to non-standard authoring techniques. This post outlines one.

The quickest and least HD intensive way is not the best way IMO.

Take it as my opinion and leave it at that.
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The same person who died and made you a mod, jack ass.

Figures you have a lot of the STFU around. You must drink alot of it.

Does this:

In any way,shape or form, translate to this
    But once again, with your head so far up your ass,you didn't answer the question.
    I haven't seen him ask one time here for your opinion on the best way. I may or may not AGREE it's not the best way. But,plop, (as your head leaves your ass once again), that isn't what he asked LOL

Here it is once again dumbass.

I'd like to rip just the movie and do away with all extras on some of my DVD's to save time and HD space.
    So he now knows your opinion that what he is trying to do isn't the best way in your opinion. Great. Noted.
    Now the rest of us will answer his questions.

Time to troll a different thread with your nice glass of STFU, ass.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Ease up on the dosage or you'll overstimulate yourself.

It must be hard regurgitating all my material into insults to throw back at me. Get some originality.

You do not have the right to decide what's valid or invalid. You have the right to your own opinion as do I. You don't have to like or agree with my opinion, but it's every bit as valid as yours.

I'll post my opinion here any time I want, and if you don't like it you know where you can shove it.
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yawn- You bore me. You are STILL too stupid to realize that you never even expressed an opinion until your second to last post.

What an ass. Stating
    jimmalenko wrote:
    isn't an opinion .It is a factual technique.

This
    jimmalenko wrote:
    is an opinion. So go screw yourself with your little gerbils and get a life ******* .I've seen you try this shit with a lot of other people with your thread crapping so just STFU yourself.

And speaking of dosage, why is it that when i see a disruptive post in this forum, more times than not it has something to do with you ?

Don't bother your insecure ass with posting back because this htread has entered the ignore list for you *******.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    @louv68:
    DVDDecrypter in IFO mode or smartripper in Movie mode should be able to do what you wish to do for most movies, using a minimum of HD space and will be the quickest. Be aware though, that some movies can't be done this way and therefore you are probably better off in the long run to rip the entire disc to your HD and then use DVDShrink to discard the unwanted bits.

@jtommyj:
    It's not worth arguing the point any more.

You believe what you want.
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Never WAS worth arguing about my friend. That's why i didn't understand you throwing the dumbass comment in my face first.
    You believe what "u" want.

Peace.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Isn't it good to release all that negative energy ?
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You tell me ?

Is it ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'd like to rip just the movie and do away with all extras on some of my DVD's to save time and HD space.
    Use DVDShrink in reauthor mode. Can't be made leaner nor easier.

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
  24. Retired from video stuff MackemX's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    roflmao

it's amazing how people get so upset when someone challenges their methods. It's almost as if it's religious and they are need of an ego booster post. This is another example of pathetic uncalled for name calling over an upset ego that starts a mini flame war

sad, very sad indeed. 'sticks and stones may break my bones, but calling doesn't hurt me' :P

jimmalenko, your attitude towards other posters stinks sometimes and your ass would be sitting on the floor right now with that STFU pint all over you in the 'real world' . I guess it's simple enough to post anything you want hiding behind a monitor trying to look cool

you brought it upon yourself but then again maybe you like that sort of thing? . I'm game if you wanna relieve some tension, so why don't you start calling me?. In fact I'll take anyone on in a flame war just so I can extinguish them 8). LOL, oooooh I just had an ego boost so now I will relieve myself

the simple answer to this thread was in fritzi93's first reply 8). DVDDecrypter in Main Movie files only doesn't even rip the menu VTS_0x_0.VOB's anyway so I doubt very much he want's menus

p.s. smilie overload
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    MackemX you sounded like an intelligent dude there and god we need some intelligent ppl round here after reading some of the replys in this thread.
    I suggest some of them go and read this for a bit of insight,i wont name names but they knoe who i am talking about :P

http://www.bit-tech.net/article/127/
    Quote Quote  
  26. Retired from video stuff MackemX's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    roflmao , DVDJET that's a good read and isn't is so ever true with regular certain forum members here? (small sample quoted below). I always liked the which flamer are you pics too

I didn't mean to sound intelligent but I just laugh at some 'fantasy' attitudes people seem to have in this forum. I wonder if they would survive in the 'real world' and how many 'real' friends they have

what can it be and how does it happen at irregular intervals?
    Is it I know more than you so I can talk down to you syndrome?
    Is it I've got more posts than you syndrome?
    Is it my way is the 'best' so use it?
    Is it you've just asked a lazy or stupid question so I have the right to bash you?
    Is it, I've got a small weenie and this makes me feel like a man?

whatever it is why don't I suffer from it seeing as I know more than most regarding DVD backups and I've posted 1,000's of times in numerous forums? Surely this entitles me to treat other in any way I want?

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I know what part of it is!, it's a lack of maturity and respect towards others they are suffering from, along with a puny little ego that needs boosting once in a while

I know me boring on about it will never stop it but we can always have a good laugh at their childish behaviour I suppose

and I quote from a post I saw (linked also)
    'It is a big call to question the thoughts of someone who has contributed so much to this site

I was merely suggesting that you keep it civil from your end and people will do the same back'

Take away the outlying image and put them behind a computer, with their same attitudes and opinions except they have the benefit of a little personality anonymity. I say personality because it’s very hard to remain anonymous on the Internet. I don’t assume for one second it would be very hard to find out things about me, the rest of the team or most people on our forums -- It comes with the territory. However, very few people actually know me and what I’m like.

Am I the same person who posts on the forums? If you met me in a pub, would you think ‘He’s nothing like I thought he’d be’, would you even recognise me if we spoke for an hour? I think you would be surprised to meet me in person after spending some time reading my posting style; I alter the way I write and behave to suit the medium. And believe me, everyone is doing it.

I am but one man, now apply that attitude to every person on the forums. Suddenly you have ten, fifty, three thousand people all tweaking their personalities to suit the online persona they want to develop. A bit of a weed at school? No matter, you can be tough as nails on the Internet. Led a boring life? Easy, with a bit of adjustment you can be partying all weekend and tell the tales on Monday, safe in the knowledge that no-one can prove otherwise. Conversely, if you’re a hulking brute who gets treated like a thug when you go out, you can show off your soft sensitive side without people making a judgment call about you.

This leads me into the final issue I wanted to raise about this. I have noticed that the general ‘attitude’ of the Internet is becoming sour, and the black sheep are beginning to infect the flock. People are becoming nasty with one another, arrogance is beginning to take the place of assistance, threats are deemed more appropriate than resolution. It has become natural to fire off a smart-arsed reply instead of stopping for five minutes to consider the possibilities. What happened to apologies, what happened to humility? All concepts now outdated because of the ability to not have to care what people think of you, because as soon as you’re back out with your friends, you’re the caring puppy-loving sap you always have been. They need never know you just told a digital nemesis that you’d tear their spine out and play Xylophone on it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    No justification need here - I'm comfortable with my sexuality...

Oh wait... wrong forum.

I still maintain that my remarks in this thread were taken out of context - misinterpreted if you will.

MackemX, we've had our disagreements.

You have your opinions, I have mine.

I'll leave it at that.
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Retired from video stuff MackemX's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    jimmalenko, my simple answer is practice what you preach mate

it isn't taken out of context at all but I acknowledge you have since chilled. Your post brought it all about though

What are you on ?

Read it again, dumbass
    that's basically implying someone is on something (drugs maybe?) and calling them a dumbass for no apparent reason. The only reason I see is they questioned your methods and that's why I linked to your post in the other thread as replies like that will just incite most to retaliate

that's why I quoted your post
    It is a big call to question the thoughts of someone who has contributed so much to this site.
    I was merely suggesting that you keep it civil from your end and people will do the same back
    as I don't think you kept it civil here

when will people realise this pathetic insulting may actually upset some people? There's no real need for it unless they purposely want to do it just to see if people do react

I have my opinions like yours, true, but at least my attitude doesn't smell on occasions if I'm questioned or my back is against the wall. Most of our crossings as with others are my posts just showing how childish crap like this is and I'll keep on doing it. Maybe I enjoy bashing flamers or newbie bashers and I doubt very few will argue with that

the saddest fact is you are a very helpful member to the community but less of the personal insults would make you an even more valuable asset to the community and a more respected member by your fellow experienced members

I may have enemies on this board but everyone who hates me on this board is (or was) a bad boy in one way or another and I've met a few in my times here and I suppose I always will

p.s. Nobody has died and I ain't a mod but rather just trying to make this forum a better place for all which is what 99% of people here would like. If I was a mod in this forum I'd probably say the same thing anyway but with authority and nip this crap before it starts
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    There is a distinct line between a difference of opinion and outright flaming and I triple-jumped across it in this thread.
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hey, could you please stop hijacking this thread, and carry on your flames in a thread of your own?

/Mats
    Quote Quote