VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6
FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
Results 151 to 174 of 174
Thread
  1. VH Veteran jimmalenko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Down under
    Search PM
    It would have been too easy to start a flame war...
    If in doubt, Google it.

  2. Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Going in Circles
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jimmalenko
    It would have been too easy to start a flame war...
    With who?

    I defended you.

  3. VH Veteran jimmalenko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Down under
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by gitreel
    Originally Posted by jimmalenko
    It would have been too easy to start a flame war...
    With who?
    Regal.

    Originally Posted by gitreel
    I defended you.
    Muchly appreciated
    If in doubt, Google it.

  4. Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    you might think i am crazy...but i just signed up for Netflix again after a nice break. summer is over and they will be back up to fast turnarounds again without all the high summer demand

  5. Is their another Online DVD rental service that people use? That is cheaper? I have heard about DVDavenue, Yudoo and DVDbarn but they are in scottsdale, az, washington DC, etc - places that are far away and so i would not get a fast turnaround time. I have walmart.com now and am pretty happy with turnaround time but I would like something better like 3 DVD's for 16 bucks - I live in Atlanta, GA - anybody here live here that can recommend a service?

  6. Originally Posted by blakeas
    Is their another Online DVD rental service that people use?
    http://www.dvdhomepage.net/


    Keep doing Google searches for more, 'cause more outlets keep on surfacing.

    Blockbuster will probably grow within a short time, so you might want to keep them in mind.

    Some places like DVDBarn and GameZnFlix don't stock more than half of what they list on their sites, so be careful about signing up with just anyone - try the places that offer free trails first.

  7. Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    www.mapquest.com
    Search Comp PM
    Hit a record this month. 63 movies in a month. Damn,, finally getting my moneys worth out of BlockBuster since they use to charge me $4.25 a movie. Way to go BlockBuster. Great idea!!
    *New Mac user*, been PC user 4 life

  8. Originally Posted by Regal
    Hit a record this month. 63 movies in a month.
    That's EXTREME! Wooooo....

  9. http://nicheflix.com/
    They offer DVD and D-VHS.

    Their top 10:

    1) Battle Royale 2
    2) Azumi
    3) Battle Royale (Directors Cut) (SE) (DTS)
    4) Zatoichi (2003)
    5) The Twilight Samurai
    6) Kill Bill - Volume 1 (Japanese Version)
    7) Save the Green Planet
    8) Dogville
    9) Infernal Affairs 2
    10) Natural City

  10. Member ViRaL1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Making the Rounds
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Regal
    Hit a record this month. 63 movies in a month.
    Does that qualify as a disorder?
    Nothing can stop me now, 'cause I don't care anymore.

  11. Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Americas
    Search Comp PM
    May lead to permanent brain damage (guy would probably qualify for disability benefits).

  12. Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    www.mapquest.com
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ViRaL1
    Originally Posted by Regal
    Hit a record this month. 63 movies in a month.
    Does that qualify as a disorder?
    auh no.

    But you can tell I like to watch movies.
    *New Mac user*, been PC user 4 life

  13. VH Veteran jimmalenko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Down under
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Regal
    Originally Posted by ViRaL1
    Originally Posted by Regal
    Hit a record this month. 63 movies in a month.
    Does that qualify as a disorder?
    auh no.

    But you can tell I like to watch movies.
    obsessive compulsive, perhaps ?
    If in doubt, Google it.

  14. Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    case 1) has no girlfriend
    case 2) has a girlfriend who really likes movies too

  15. Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jimmalenko
    I find it hard to believe that people can claim to consistantly watch in excess of 30 DVDs a month and they're not copying them.
    Originally Posted by jimmalenko
    I couldn't possibly watch 60 movies a month because sport and family commitments drag me off the couch 3 nights and 1 day a week. I call this having a life.
    Why though do you insist on projcting your own point of view on others?
    Anyone at blockbuster will tell you heavy renters are families.

    I have three kids with widely varying ages (5, 8 and 15), a housebound father in law at home and a wife. While all this is damn good reason to stay at the office 60- hours a week, the fact is that makes it perfectly legitimate to rent and return three or five films within 24 hours.

    this is wheithout prejudice to what netflix should do about customers who rent heavily.

    If you believe netflix has a right to slow down heavy renters, they also have a perfect right to give long term customers less priority on new films, as they clearly have done and as proved a year ago on slashdot.

    when companies choose to give long term or heavy use customers less service, the best reponse is typically to churn your acount.

  16. VH Veteran jimmalenko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Down under
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by aero
    Why though do you insist on projcting your own point of view on others?
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but that is the point of a forum, isn't it ?

    Why do you insist on dragging up a thread almost a month after it has died ?
    If in doubt, Google it.

  17. Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jimmalenko
    Originally Posted by aero
    Why though do you insist on projcting your own point of view on others?
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but that is the point of a forum, isn't it ?

    Why do you insist on dragging up a thread almost a month after it has died ?
    The point of view of the forum is not to make baseless accuastions on your own limited experience.

    Also I think you made many many posts on this thread. I made one so I don't think I am dragging it on.

    You unfairly projected of your own conclusions as to how accounts renting 30 disks must be copying them. that is a ridiculous argument.

    It is like saying someone (or in mypoint a family) who subscribes to seven magazines per month isn't reading them.

    The fact is many many families rented in excess of 20 to 30 tapes and dvd's before copying software and hardware became widely availlable.

    Just as it is wrong for people to advocate piracy, it is wrong to accuse others of doing so simply for using a service.

    Please check your basic facts. It may not be good socially or psychologically, but in agregate the average family of five watches 250 hours of television per month (kids 60 to 75 hours each). that would be 125 dvd films total or 40 dvd's if they watched 1/3 of their teleivision on rented programming.

  18. VH Veteran jimmalenko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Down under
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by aero
    The point of view of the forum is not to make baseless accuastions on your own limited experience.
    No accusations. Let's read what I said again:
    Originally Posted by jimmalenko
    I find it hard to believe that people can claim to consistantly watch in excess of 30 DVDs a month and they're not copying them.
    I find it hard to believe ..... No accusation there. Just my 2c on it.


    Originally Posted by aero
    You unfairly projected of your own conclusions as to how accounts renting 30 disks must be copying them. that is a ridiculous argument.

    It is like saying someone (or in mypoint a family) who subscribes to seven magazines per month isn't reading them.

    The fact is many many families rented in excess of 20 to 30 tapes and dvd's before copying software and hardware became widely available.
    You are entitled to your opinion.

    I think you have jumped the gun though as nowhere do I make hard accusations, simply my opinion. I never say "you must be copying them", I say that I find it hard to believe that you aren't. Take it as just my opinion and with a grain of salt.
    If in doubt, Google it.

  19. Okay, grave robber, I'll help you out.


    Originally Posted by aero
    The point of view of the forum is not to make baseless accuastions on your own limited experience.
    That's EXACTLY what it's for. No one has any way of verifying anyone else's "limited experience", so all posts should be valid.

    Originally Posted by aero
    Also I think you made many many posts on this thread. I made one so I don't think I am dragging it on.
    No, you resurrected it, after it had already run its course. And after your argument had been expressed ten times.

    Originally Posted by aero
    You unfairly projected of your own conclusions as to how accounts renting 30 disks must be copying them. that is a ridiculous argument.
    I was (kind of) with you, until...

    Originally Posted by aero
    It is like saying someone (or in mypoint a family) who subscribes to seven magazines per month isn't reading them.
    What the hell does that have to do with renting movies and copying them? How about if you checked three books out of the library per day, and had a fancy copy setup (not cost-effective, but a closer analogy).
    If you buy the magazines, that's it, they're bought. When you rent and copy, you are not buying.

    Originally Posted by aero
    The fact is many many families rented in excess of 20 to 30 tapes and dvd's before copying software and hardware became widely availlable.
    Ever heard of having 2 (or more) VCRs? Back in the day, I was known to copy a movie or two that way, without a computer at all.

    Originally Posted by aero
    Just as it is wrong for people to advocate piracy, it is wrong to accuse others of doing so simply for using a service.
    You can accuse anyone of anything on these boards. We're not cops, so it's just "friendly" discussion, not interrogation.

    Originally Posted by aero
    Please check your basic facts. It may not be good socially or psychologically, but in agregate the average family of five watches 250 hours of television per month (kids 60 to 75 hours each). that would be 125 dvd films total or 40 dvd's if they watched 1/3 of their teleivision on rented programming.
    Who cares? No one has to be ready to write a dissertation on a subject before they can post about it. That's why it's called discussion and not "Braniac Society of No Opinion".

    If you're going to cry about people being "unjustly accused", you should take a look at all the people thatb they let "slide by" who are obviously talking about piracy.

    Just like a few of the corner liquor stores sell Whippettes (nitrous cartridges). By the volume that they sell to people, you'd think that they were in the Pastry Chef mecca of the world. But I'm sure that all of those college kids are making cakes and not getting high

  20. In my opinion, a thread hasn't run it's course until it's locked, so you can take your "grave robber" nonsense elsewhere.

    Checking books out of the library? Um... That's free! Netflix? We pay! We expect quality service!

    If they can't provide a reasonably consistent level of quality in their service, then their "unlimited rentals" is a false claim and subject to unhappy customers and legal action.

    Those posters here crying "piracy" are probably the biggest pirates around - no Netflix user has mentioned it. It is none of Netflix's business if users even watch the movies at all, or use them as frisbees or coasters for their drinks!

    And the comment on VCRs? This site has a no-tolerance warez policy, so don't post your crap here from "back in the day", Hayburn, no one cares. Maybe we need a nostalgia forum just for you.

  21. VH Veteran jimmalenko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Down under
    Search PM
    This thread is dead as far as I'm concerned.
    If in doubt, Google it.

  22. What a complete ****wit, freestyler. You attacked my post completely out of context and not on the merit of the points they were bloody well addressing.

    Yes, this thread is dead and has run its course. "Me too" doesn't warrant a revival, nor does every thread have to be locked before it can be dead.

    You are in breach of the forum rules and are being issued with a formal warning. Name calling will not be tolerated, especially hiding behind a fake username. The next offence will result in a banning, and a yellow for the actual user.
    / Moderator Cobra

  23. VH Veteran jimmalenko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Down under
    Search PM
    ohhh boy ....

    <gets deck-chair & popcorn>
    If in doubt, Google it.

  24. Master of Time & Space Capmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Denver, CO United States
    Search Comp PM


    Originally Posted by jimmalenko
    This thread is dead as far as I'm concerned.
    Me too

    Originally Posted by William Hayburn
    nor does every thread have to be locked before it can be dead
    This one is now both




Similar Threads