VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I bought an Apex 3201 DVD player yesterday mainly for playing burned VCD movies with. It worked perfect for VCD's, but when I would put a DVD in the picture would go from light to dark, then go to a blank blue screen then start all over again going from light to dark. When I was buying it the people at bestbuy said that nine of these had already come back because of bad picture quality, but I think this is a little more than bad picture quality, it seems broken if you ask me. Does anybody else have this problem when they play DVD's with this system? It was an open box do you think I should buy one online brand new and give a new one a chance? Also What are some other Cheap DVD players that give great quality playing burned VCD's? Please respond.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    eh bro

that crap is called macrovision.

macrovision is an effort to prevent the copying of dvds to videotapes. if it detects that the output signal is going through a vcr, it will do that to the picture. it blows.

i have an apex 660, and according to all these guys out here, i can use a cdr to update the firmware on it and disable the macrovision. i definitely will as soon as i find out some more about it.

also, sometimes the macrovision will kickin and bogify your display even if you don't have a vcr hooked up. it looks bad on my tv without a vcr!

bogus!

boo!!!

THIS IS HARDCORE
    Quote Quote