VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Does anyone know how to remove the disc.(disc datawrite yellow).
    It has been finalised in VR mode but when the machine is switched on it displays "hello" and then says "please wait", all combination of buttons tried but still no good.

Any techs out there!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Uplug the unit, (no power). You will have to open the hood of the recorder and gently push the tray open and remove disc. After disc is out. Leave the hood and tray open. Power up the unit, see if tray opens and closes add disc test a few times, if all is well, close the hood. After disc is in and the same problem occurs, change media. The dsc maybe faulty -garman
    Quote Quote  
  3. Cheers I will try.
    Quote Quote  
  4. First look to see if there is a very small hole on the front of the drive. With power off, poke a straightened paperclip into this hole, it will directly engage the gears to open the tray.

Not all drives have this, but many do.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I think this model is a stand alone dvd recorder. Not a burner. There are some players that have an eject slot ie. cyberhome ch300. I pretty sure "Nelson37" has to pop open the hood. -garman
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Another method IF the dvd drive has a standard IDE ribbon cable connection.

Connect it to your computer's ide cable and use the DVDR to power its drive.

Open "My Computer" and
    right click the DVDR drive
    In the displayed menu, select "Eject"
    Quote Quote