VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've succesfully made a miniDVD ripped from a DVD.
    But the special thing about my miniDVD is that it can fit 90 min of video on one CD!
    I've used these settings:

Video:
    MPEG2
    352x288
    VBR 0,9MBit/s (this sounds very low but quality is better than 3ivx, DIVX or VCD)
    Sound:
    MPEG2
    128KBit/s

I've used cleaner 5 MPEG charger to convert the file to these settings. After this I've made a DVD image in DVD studio pro, burn it with Toast 5 on a CD and finito!!
    You'll only like these settings if you don't like swapping the CD's while watching the movie, like me.
    I haven't tested it yet on my DVD player, but Apple DVD player plays it correctly.
    It has many advantages over DIVX, VCD or SVCD.
    It can be played on a Mac, quality is better than 3ivx, DIVX or VCD, a movie fits on one CD and it can be played on some DVD players.

Mark,
    The Netherlands

P.s. the statement about the quality being better than 3ivx, DIVX and VCD is my opinion.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Would it be possible because of the low bitrate that this miniDVD is supported by more DVD players than the normal miniDVD??

Fennechien
    Quote Quote  
  3. No.

The issue with stand-alone DVD players isn't that of bitrate of the miniDVD. The problem is that they recognise it as a DVD structure at all.

Regards.
    Michael Tam
    w: Morsels of Evidence
    Quote Quote  
  4. <TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
    On 2001-07-13 13:06:10, markpith wrote:
    I've succesfully made a miniDVD ripped from a DVD.
    But the special thing about my miniDVD is that it can fit 90 min of video on one CD!
    I've used these settings:

Video:
    MPEG2
    352x288
    VBR 0,9MBit/s (this sounds very low but quality is better than 3ivx, DIVX or VCD)
    Sound:
    MPEG2
    128KBit/s

I've used cleaner 5 MPEG charger to convert the file to these settings. After this I've made a DVD image in DVD studio pro, burn it with Toast 5 on a CD and finito!!
    You'll only like these settings if you don't like swapping the CD's while watching the movie, like me.
    I haven't tested it yet on my DVD player, but Apple DVD player plays it correctly.
    It has many advantages over DIVX, VCD or SVCD.
    It can be played on a Mac, quality is better than 3ivx, DIVX or VCD, a movie fits on one CD and it can be played on some DVD players.

Mark,
    The Netherlands

P.s. the statement about the quality being better than 3ivx, DIVX and VCD is my opinion.
    </BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR></TABLE>

kewl..ive been making minidvds for a while (ive about 30) ..go to http://www.area450.co.uk to see my minidvd guides and check out standalone players that play them (i have an afreey ld2060 that playes 'em !).

I used to use 352 x 288 but i know use 352 x 576 ..try this you may get better quality..352 x 288 is a bit wierd..some dvd authoring software supports it..some doesnt !

I normally tend to use a bitrate between 1.3-1.6 mbps..this merans a two hour movie fits onto 2 cd-rs.

Yeah..i found they play on my friends imac a while ago....i was quite suprised

Quote Quote