VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast
Thread
  1. I'm surprised no one has posted about this yet but...

I went to Office Depot today and picked up Maxell DVD-R spindles. They're having a buy one get one free sale in their ad this week.

Buy 1 25pk spindle, get 1 free for 39.97.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Unique Disc Identifier : [DVD-R:TYG01]
    Disc Type : [DVD-R]
    Manufacturer ID : [TYG01]
    Manufacturer Name : [Taiyo Yuden Co. Ltd.]
    Disc Application Code : [Unrestricted Use : Consumer Purpose]
    Recording Speeds : [1x , 2x , 4x] (8x Cannot Be Detected)
    Blank Disc Capacity : [2,298,496 Sectors = 4,489.3MB = 4.38GB (4.71GB)]
    [DVD Identifier - http://DVD.Identifier.CDfreaks.com]

I bought 4!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Get 50pk Maxell DVD+R or DVD-R + 3pc Luggage + 50pk CDRs for $21 shipped.

Add 50pk CDRs. 241659 (CD's)
    Add TWO 25pk Maxell DVD-R or DVD+R. 492432 (-R) or 492560 (+R)
    Add 3pc Luggage. 0338347 (luggage)
    Apply coupon 95705589 and 82509514 and 98620525
    Quote Quote  
  3. GEEZ! THANK YOU!

This is a no-brainer. I just placed my order......$22.84 including sales tax and delivery. Unbelievable!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    that deal at office depot is tooooo good to be true. i just placed an online order to pick up at a local store for pickup paying cash. i hope the stuff is there when i go to pick up!!!
    Quote Quote  
  5. cibal222,

How did you find out about this deal? Do you have to purchase all three items to get that price? Do you know what's in the luggage set?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by cmoney311
    I'm surprised no one has posted about this yet but...

I went to Office Depot today and picked up Maxell DVD-R spindles. They're having a buy one get one free sale in their ad this week.

Buy 1 25pk spindle, get 1 free for 39.97.
    Yeah, the OD deal on the Maxell's has actually been mentioned in 2 other threads. Just not a thread of its own. I bought 4 25pks today too. All -R Made in Japan with TYG01 code.

I skipped the +R's since they said Made in Taiwan.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I bought two spindles today at Office Depot...ran dvdinfopro and got the following...MXL RG02

They are DVD-R, and said "Made in Japan"

Any good?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by onewaypockets
    Any good?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by tag
    Originally Posted by onewaypockets
    Any good?
    Is MXL code as good as Taiyo Yuden??
    Quote Quote  
  10. just an FYI since the details of the deal weren't posted here, the way you get the discount is by buying 1 CDR 50-pack but the coupon is for THREE. It's a mistake, and this deal is on many sites, so they may (probably will) catch it and cancel your order. Doesn't hurt to try.

But if you really want the Maxell's you may want to try a sep order with just the 2 packs for $39. Still a good deal.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by Lobe
    just an FYI since the details of the deal weren't posted here, the way you get the discount is by buying 1 CDR 50-pack but the coupon is for THREE.
    Yeah, but it appears to be THREE 50-packs for $22.97. So, that's even a better deal (5 more bucks for 100 more CDRs).........unless I'm reading it wrong.
    Quote Quote  
  12. I'll take the 4x DVD-R Prodisc deal from supermediastore.com for $37 for 100 discs. They're awesome.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by tag
    Yeah, but it appears to be THREE 50-packs for $22.97. So, that's even a better deal (5 more bucks for 100 more CDRs).........unless I'm reading it wrong.
    you are, the coupon takes off like $37 or whatever expecting you have added three to your cart. but it works if you only add one, so you have an $18 credit for buying 50 cdrs.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by Lobe
    ....the coupon takes off like $37 or whatever expecting you have added three to your cart. but it works if you only add one, so you have an $18 credit for buying 50 cdrs.

I'll take your word for that. It looks like this might be moot, in any event, because the OD site is now showing Insufficient Stock.
    Quote Quote  
  15. yup, try the + media.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Just picked up two 25 packs at a local office depot

yellow topped discs with dvdr Maxell printed on the top, looks like i got some Yudens, here's the media code

00000000 00 42 00 00 01 40 C1 FD 9E D8 52 00 02 86 0D 13 .B...@....R.....
    00000010 66 78 80 00 03 54 59 47 30 31 00 00 04 00 00 00 fx...TYG01......
    00000020 00 00 00 00 05 88 80 00 00 00 01 00 06 08 0F 11 ................
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Sounds like a winner to me!
    Quote Quote  
  18. Were those the -r's or the +r's? Can someone give me a media code for the +r's? Thanxs.
    Quote Quote  
  19. yeah those were the dvd-rs Popeye
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    has anyone got a confirmation email from office depot? curious to see if they are actually fulfilling the orders.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i got an e-mail confirmation last night. i also got a phone call telling me that my order has been cancled due to improper coupon codes. oh well, it was worth a shot.

if anyone has any success, please upload your sales reciept.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thats shitty, they should fulfill the orders since its their mistake. I would of tried but they kept declining my credit card for some unknown reason. The bank said its A OK. who knows,,,,
    Quote Quote  
  23. MXL RG02s are just as good, or even slightly better than TYG01s. On my Pioneer 107D with hacked fw, when writing at 4X, the MXL writes slightly better. But at 8x the TY writes slightly better. They are both excellent media.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by rubberman
    thats shitty, they should fulfill the orders since its their mistake. I would of tried but they kept declining my credit card for some unknown reason. The bank said its A OK. who knows,,,,
    It wasn't their mistake. It isn't like they posted a coupon that said $35 off one spidnle, it says clearly says the coupon is for three spindles on your cart.

there are many "deal sites" most of those deals are legit, some involve stacking of coupons against the coupons explicit terms, but still functional through some programming mistake. Most companies used to let the orders go through for "good will. But now what happens if there is an outrageously good deal, the transacction gets on 20 deal sites people buy 50 at a pop to ebay them and the companies feel no compunction whatsoever just to cancell them all, as their terms clearly say they can.

There was a famous case of target's amazon section offering a $1100 home theater for $110. I don't feel that those who tried to get it were so bad, but you should have seen the vitriol and shock when people got their orders for 10 units canceled. ...as if target was going to take a 10 million dollar loss to keep the good will of people who probably never buy anything from them normally.

This office depot deal is funny though becasue a lot of people went in after the cd-r's went out of stcok, meaning they backordeerd them and the purchasers are going to be in the bad position of having grossly overpaid for the cd-rs when they are shipped and billed (and at purchase you agree to pay full price for the backorder).
    Quote Quote  
  25. My local OD are out of the OD brand CD's and Maxell DVD+R.
    Typical retail BS!
    Quote Quote  
  26. Originally Posted by MOVIEGEEK
    My local OD are out of the OD brand CD's and Maxell DVD+R.
    Typical retail BS!
    I went to my local Office Depot the day the ad broke....about 10 minutes after they opened. They had about 300 DVD-R and 300 DVD+R. Not really that much, a few bigger buyers could clean them out by noon.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Originally Posted by falberni
    MXL RG02s are just as good, or even slightly better than TYG01s. On my Pioneer 107D with hacked fw, when writing at 4X, the MXL writes slightly better. But at 8x the TY writes slightly better. They are both excellent media.
    Thanks for letting me know...I feel better now. I was looking forward to trying out the fabeled Taiyo Yuden media, but nice to know I got something else that is also quality stuff.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Originally Posted by DVDDave
    i got an e-mail confirmation last night. i also got a phone call telling me that my order has been cancled due to improper coupon codes.

I got an e-mail confirmation as well. As of today (around noon Eastern time), my order is still in the system and has not been cancelled (delivery is scheduled for tomorrow, 7/13). The original e-mail shows all items as shipped. We'll see.........
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Staples has TTG01 TDK 4x DVD-R and RICOHJPN 4x DVD+R for $19 for a 25-spindle.

I got one of those today. MXL is great, but don't need 50 right now. Really don't even need 25, but better more than not enough.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Originally Posted by lordsmurf
    Staples has TTG01 TDK 4x DVD-R and RICOHJPN 4x DVD+R for $19 for a 25-spindle.

I got one of those today. MXL is great, but don't need 50 right now. Really don't even need 25, but better more than not enough.
    Good price on the TDK...Costco sells the 25 pack of TDK 4x DVD-R for $29.95. I have bought and burned 100 of them with very good results (code TTG01).

Looks like this might be a great summer for deals.
    Quote Quote