VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast
Thread
  1. Anyone know what's going on with the availability of this recorder? It was supposed to be out in June but here we are in July and still no such thing.
    Quote Quote  
  2. It's available in Europe already. It can't be that much longer now for the US version to be released.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Sorry about the thread drift here but this post reminded me that the Panasonic E65 was also due in June and is, as far as I can determine, MIA.

Not that I care any longer, though. I'm thoroughly content with my M10S at the moment.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Does this have firewire output? as well as input?
    Quote Quote  
  5. For those people with the european version, does it allow you dub and record at the same time? The Panasonic e85 allows this. Thanks in advance for any information.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Why don't you look at the link to the manual I provided? I don't assume the functionality will be much different from the European model.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I didn't see a definitive answer in the manual as to whether it was possible to dub and record at the same time. It doesn't same it can't be done, but it doesn't say it can. If I missed it please let me know? Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  8. It's very unlikely it can do that at the same time (e.g. recording twice at the same time).
    Quote Quote  
  9. The Panasonic e85 can do it. I wanted to see if the JVC can do it because that is the only feature in which I was interested in which the JVC doesn't surpass the Panasonic models.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Also, thank you for the link. I did print a copy of the manual.
    Quote Quote  
  11. I'm also missing instant timer recording from the remote. I guess Panasonic can do that. But there's no machine right now on the market that can do everything that I'd like it to do.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by Lucien
    Why don't you look at the link to the manual I provided? I don't assume the functionality will be much different from the European model.
    Please tell me where I can get the link to the manual.
    Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Look in this forum (I posted the link from European JVC site).
    Quote Quote  
  14. What could be the reason they are holding this one back? I emailed them and got no response.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Perhaps they have not built the U.S. spec version in sufficient quantities for distribution here yet.
    Quote Quote  
  16. The least they can do is keep us posted.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Can anyone tell me if any of the JVC DVD recorders have a feature JVC used to call "Record Link" ? This is a mode that will allow it to turn itself on in record mode whenever it would see the video input go hot,such as it would ,if you were using the timer on a satelite receiver to turn itself on. My old JVC VHS recorder has this,and it makes timed recordings from satellite very easy. Only have to set the timer in the satellite box. Did not see this feature listed on any of the current JVC dvd recorders on any sites I have looked at,but I know every feature may not necessarily be listed.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Decided to place a call to JVC. After many times on hold it all comes down to nobody knows exactly when this unit will come out. They said they're hoping for some time in August and maybe as late as September.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Yes!
    They are finally in stock in the UK! I got my DR-MH30S DVD Recorderthe day before yesterday from electricaldiscountuk.co.uk. I believe unbeatable.co.uk has them in too. Electrical discount rang me on the Friday to tell me they had arrived that day and had it delivered by the Monday morning. Very impressed. The next hurdle is working how to connect it up. I have no audio just an RF cable and a scart electric cable. What else do I need? I am also to trying to connect it via satelite. Could that be the reason? Anyone know please help. Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  20. I thought the SCART connection has audio... ?
    Quote Quote  
  21. I don't know anything about SCART, but can it be a settings issue?
    Quote Quote  
  22. SCART connecter diagram:

http://utopia.knoware.nl/users/eprebel/SoundAndVision/Engineering/SCART.html

Apparently not all SCART signals carry the RGB, though. Depends on the source.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Yup.. thats true.. although a lot of scarts are advertised as fully wired, apparently they can't be. Some signals will interfere with each other, need to be sure its rgb scart, as u get for consoles. Same reason none of these scart splitter boxes work when u hook all the consoles in over rgb.. i got through 3 or 4 so called 'fully wired' boxes before an engineer mate told me..
    Quote Quote  
  24. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    well thanks guyz for your feedback I have half solved the problem, as I am connecting using 2 scarts from my JVC unit to my cable box, I have only been able to overcome the problem by using loadspeakers which I have attached to the satelite box using red/white composite leads, but of course the volume is still not coming out of the TV. However in the bedroom I've tested it and it works fine, just one scart from my unit to the TV, but there I don't have to include a cable box.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Please correct me if i'm wrong.
    I guess when we use scart then we have to use the audio digital out.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Hey lingoguysw5, How's it going with this recorder? Do you like it? any problems?
    Quote Quote  
  27. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Well tommyoz I am having real fun with it, it took alot of work to understand the instructions, but now I use it for to transfer my old videos onto DVD and yes of course the picture quality is fantastic I use the worse one which is FR instead of XP and that gives great viewing. I wish the dubbing was a little faster it is by no means 60mins in 2 mins as advertised unless it depends on the source, which in my case are vhs videos. But up until now it certainly is a good buy It seems that VR dubbing is the fastest but is limited onto what it plays whereas a 1 hour VIDEO MODE takes ages to dub but plays on most DVD players.
    Quote Quote  
  28. lingoguysw5, thanks for the update. Even though i'm working with the Sony RDR-GX300 right now, I'm still waiting for this one to come out here in the US. I figure this JVC unit will be worth waiting for.
    Quote Quote  
  29. I have been reading a lot about this machine lately. In a Danish forum there are between 50 and 100 users that have this machine.
    Many people there are not happy with it. There are a pretty long list of flaws(in their opinion) with it.
    I don't have time now, but I can translate some of it later if people here are interested.
    Quote Quote