Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Please do, thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by jac12
    I have been reading a lot about this machine lately. In a Danish forum there are between 50 and 100 users that have this machine.
    Many people there are not happy with it. There are a pretty long list of flaws(in their opinion) with it.
    I don't have time now, but I can translate some of it later if people here are interested.
    Sure tell us which kind of problems they're having, if it's the"LOADING" error or something different.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Maybe this is the reason why they're holding back from releasing it here in the US.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by jac12
    I have been reading a lot about this machine lately. In a Danish forum there are between 50 and 100 users that have this machine.
    Many people there are not happy with it. There are a pretty long list of flaws(in their opinion) with it.
    I don't have time now, but I can translate some of it later if people here are interested.
    What's the URL for that forum? Would love to see your translations.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Here are some of what has been discussed:

Takes long time to shift between channels; approx. 2-3 seconds

Live memory: if you change channel, you can only STORE what's on the active channel.

Very bright/strong blue light from the display; can't be adjusted

After a timerprogram the machine powers off, means no live memory

Remote control needs to point exsactly direct to the machine

Noise from harddisc(individual)

Auto adjust clock almost never works

High power consume in standby

If you do an edit on the harddisc, you can't high speed dub to DVD!!!

There are some more things aswell, but this is all I have time for right now.

Note: I don't have this machine, all written above are from other users that have the machine.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Oh my goodness, It's finally arrived. It better be worth the wait. I'm still willing to give this one a try despite the comments above. I'm a true believer in having to see for myself.

http://www.adorama.com/JVDRMH30S.html
    Quote Quote  
  7. You lucky dog! Looking forward to your comments.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    The main problem I've had with it is the LOADING problem if it doesn't like a file and you try to dub it, the screen starts to flash and you can't abort then it conks out with the display saying LOADING. The only way I could remedy this was to create a new playlist of the same file then I was able to dub it. Apart from that I am reasonably satisfied with it. Mine holds 160GB but I still haven't worked out where you have to look for the amount remaining. I suppose you can only guess looking at the thermometer displayed at the side of the files.
    Quote Quote  
  9. lingoguysw5, What dub direction are you talking about? DVD to HD or HD to DVD?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    HD to DVD is the direction tommyoz. I haven't yet attempted to dub anything directly to DVD cos I like to view and edit it first.

Another of its downfalls is that it doesn't dub to dvd+rw which are slightly cheaper to buy & easier to come by. I've tried to re-author the -rw by copying it to my XP although successful the quality is awful after some viewing. I don't know what can be done to cure this if anything?
    Quote Quote  
  11. lingoguysw5, as I recall you are from the UK correct? I can't purchase this unit yet as xiaNaix mentioned I'm not that lucky. I'm working with the Sony RDR-GX300 right now and enjoying it. I do need something with a hard drive though cause I do a lot of TV recording. I also have to wait for it to reach the stores in my area (US) just in case I need to return it. You'll know when I have purchased it.

Also, have you contacted customer service about your problems?
    Quote Quote  
  12. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I contacted JVC who said that if there is anything wrong with it I should speak to the retailer which I did and they said I could send it back, but the pros outweigh the cons, it serves its purpose and it was only a one off, anyway I have a 2 year guarantee on it so I still have that option open to me if I choose to take it up. Have u tried Panasonic or haven't they reached you yet? That has a hard drive.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Ultimate Electronics told me today the release date in the US is September 6.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by lingoguysw5
    Have u tried Panasonic or haven't they reached you yet? That has a hard drive.
    I have a Panasonic DMR-E60 (no hard drive) which I picked up at a local store. It was a floor model and I got it for $200 without the remote. I purchased a remote for about $20 from Panasonic. I wouldn't have gotten one any other way.

The problem I have with Panasonic is DVD-Ram. I don't care what anyone says, It may be okay for them but I think it's horrible. At least they should have included DVD-RW. The unit I have sits in the living room for my wife to use and she uses DVD-Ram and just keeps recording over it. That's the only use I can find for it. I do a lot of transferring to the PC and reauthoring so I don't have time for DVD-Ram. The Sony RDR-GX300 records to all major formats DVD-R/DVD-RW & DVD+R/DVD+RW but not DVD-Ram. If the JVC unit doesn't work out, I may wait for Sony to come out with their HD version.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Will the JVC with hard drive transfer DVD-RAM to DVD-R? I bought a burner thinking I could transfer some of my 300 or so RAMs to -Rs to free up the RAMs, but it didn't work. Can't find a program that can deal with the edit points.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    samijabul I suppose what you could do is copy your rams first to the HD and then onto DVD-R /RW. I haven't tried anything with DVD RAM but I don't see why not.
    Quote Quote  
  17. I've tried that, tried everything. The problem is that they were edited on the standalone. When trying to do them in the burner it gets to the edit points and either the audio sync goes off, it goes back to the beginning of the recording, or it just shuts down. Tried a half a dozen programs, no luck. Figured since they were edited on a standalone one of them might be able to deal with the edit points.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by lingoguysw5
    HD to DVD is the direction tommyoz. I haven't yet attempted to dub anything directly to DVD cos I like to view and edit it first.

Another of its downfalls is that it doesn't dub to dvd+rw which are slightly cheaper to buy & easier to come by. I've tried to re-author the -rw by copying it to my XP although successful the quality is awful after some viewing. I don't know what can be done to cure this if anything?
    What are you using to edit and re-author the recorded DVD-RW's... ? It sounds like your authoring software might be re-encoding. I have the DR-M10SL (no HDD), so that's all I do. Quality is great. I use Womble MPEG Video Wizard to frame-accurately edit the the MPEG2 (VOB's). You can also just dump the VOB's into TMPGEnc DVD Author and create a final DVD that way. It's an easy program to use and does not re-encode your MPEG2 video either.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Originally Posted by samijubal
    I've tried that, tried everything. The problem is that they were edited on the standalone. When trying to do them in the burner it gets to the edit points and either the audio sync goes off, it goes back to the beginning of the recording, or it just shuts down. Tried a half a dozen programs, no luck. Figured since they were edited on a standalone one of them might be able to deal with the edit points.
    Have you tried creating a new .MPG from the VRO's with something like Womble first, then re-authoring? Womble does not re-encode, but it will re-write the whole file into a new DVD-Video compliant .MPG, so maybe that will cure the "hiccups" you are encountering.
    Quote Quote  
  20. I tried Womble. I'm new to this, so maybe I just didn't do it right. Half of the stuff I tried I couldn't even get to capture.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    gshelley to re-author my dvd-rw I used Tmpgenc author and that was all, as I say it did add to the DVD+ but the quality was very poor. Is there something else that I must do. I have never heard of womble wizard. I don;t know anything about VOBS and VROs is that important?
    Quote Quote  
  22. Originally Posted by gshelley61
    Originally Posted by samijubal
    I've tried that, tried everything. The problem is that they were edited on the standalone. When trying to do them in the burner it gets to the edit points and either the audio sync goes off, it goes back to the beginning of the recording, or it just shuts down. Tried a half a dozen programs, no luck. Figured since they were edited on a standalone one of them might be able to deal with the edit points.
    Have you tried creating a new .MPG from the VRO's with something like Womble first, then re-authoring? Womble does not re-encode, but it will re-write the whole file into a new DVD-Video compliant .MPG, so maybe that will cure the "hiccups" you are encountering.
    I was wrong I didn't try Womble, couldn't get it to install, I think I typed in the wrong password. It looks like it might work, got it on the hard drive and it just ignores the edits it looks like, but Nero won't recognize the file. It's mpg and Nero doesn't list that. Do I need to change the file name and if so how do I do it? I tried to change it to vob, but it left the mpg on the end. Do I need something other than Nero?
    Quote Quote  
  23. Hi

I read this post with much interest but I meet a problem with the reading of Dvd-R and Dvd-RW burned with Dr.-mh30: these dvd is not read by the players PC, I tested several readers: 1 pionner 120, 1 106D and a LG.

on the other hand DvdShrink read very well!..

have you Tested the reading on a PC?

Thank you

Dominique , A french user
    Quote Quote  
  24. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Is this question for me dominque? My built in dvd+ combo drive will read no problem. The initial problem I had but no solved was its reading a VR file created with JVC DRMH30 but now it can and also converted with my trial cyber producer gold which I was advised by these lovely people to download. I still haven't solved the problem in chaptering files from dvd- to dvd+rw they still appear on my player as VOB files although they can still be played. I've tried tmpgenc to reauthor, changing their suffixes from .VOB to .MPG to no avail. I am at my wits end.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Hi

My problem was the reading on a pc . i just test the Dvd Player windvd6 and it's ok but with Media player 9 and 10 release, cineplayer (sonic) the Dv-R can't be read.

It's a codec problem with the DVD burned on the DR-MH30 and i will very happy to find a valid codec for Windows media player

Thanks

Dominique
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ogeu44
    Hi

My problem was the reading on a pc . i just test the Dvd Player windvd6 and it's ok but with Media player 9 and 10 release, cineplayer (sonic) the Dv-R can't be read.

It's a codec problem with the DVD burned on the DR-MH30 and i will very happy to find a valid codec for Windows media player

Thanks

Dominique
    Try this:

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Stinky_MPEG_2_Codec.htm
    Quote Quote  
  27. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    also you might want to try and a PowerDVD player
    Quote Quote  
  28. Originally Posted by cchang
    Originally Posted by ogeu44
    Hi

Thanks

Dominique
    Try this:

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Stinky_MPEG_2_Codec.htm

Yes, with this codec , i can play the DVD (jvc) with Windows media player

thanks for the link

dominique
    Quote Quote  
  29. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I need you to provide more information on what format you want your pc to read from. Als what mode are you recording from your dvd recorder VR or Video Mode? If it's a codec problem download a codec pack like GordonKnot or something. That should solve it
    Quote Quote  
  30. Originally Posted by lingoguysw5
    I need you to provide more information on what format you want your pc to read from. Als what mode are you recording from your dvd recorder VR or Video Mode? If it's a codec problem download a codec pack like GordonKnot or something. That should solve it
    It 's a video mode recording on the Jvc

Dominique
    Quote Quote